“Has been Updated for the better”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lincoln
Ranked #49 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed June 14, 2012

For the price this is a great place to stay. We had stayed here last year July 2011 for 4 days. There was outdated wall paper and a big boxed tv. The room was clean but the overall look was not great. We are now here again almost a year later and the wall are painted with earth toned colors (including the check in area) The boxed tv has been replaced by a flat screen. Checked in and the rooms where clean. We had a suit with a fridge, microwave, sink above along with cabinet space. I love the very long window seat. Im 5' 10 and my husband is 6' 1. We can both fit and its very comfy! there is a nice stand up dresser that is great for keeping clothes hung up and out of sight. Also has a 2 person deck with lots of space. Bathroom is large....toilet seemed to have some cleaner or something left in it but flushed down right away. We don't use it but there is an iron and ironing bored in the room...got a great room with space and a coach. ONLY THING THAT SEEMED TO BE A PROBLEM IS THE COUCH IS A BIT CLOSE TO THE CABINET.

Same guy working the desk as last year. nice guy and is so willing to get you what you need.

Room also had a small divider between bed an couch.

We would and are staying here again!!

Room Tip: Go with the suite! Its like $10 or $20 bucks more and you get the fridge, microwave, couch and just...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ashokamin, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lincoln

Reviewed May 9, 2012

While our room was, for the most part, clean (I know how to check the bed), the hallway and front entryway were very dirty and stained. The furnishings in the entryway are quite nice but you could write your name in the layer of dust on the table and lamp shades. I watched in horror as a member of the housekeeping staff sprayed the glass-top table with some kind of cleaning solution into the dust to make for a smeared mess. She tried, unsuccessfully, to clean it off :( Both mornings that we were there, the housekeeping staff cleaned the rooms and piled the trash (sometimes raw garbage) in the hallway and beside the front desk all day while they continued to strip beds and vacuum the rooms. It was really quite disgusting to return to the hotel from an afternoon in the city to find piles of garbage at the front desk :( I believe proper training of the housekeeping staff could make all the difference. Teach these hardworking people how to clean!!

Room Tip: I would not stay at this hotel again unless I was assured that the cleaning staff had been trained b...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I always wonder, when I read terrible reviews, if my standards are so much lower than most peoples.
While this certainly isn't one of the best places I've stayed, it's really not that bad. You get what you pay for. The location and overall condition are fine. It could use some more thorough cleaning in the nooks and crannies, but the bed and bathroom were very clean.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Joenn

Reviewed December 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed there last night as we were driving home from Christmas. Once we got home I discovered bites on my upper arms and shoulder. Bed Bugs!

Do not stay here!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Pets are allowed here but we were told that only in Smoking Rooms. The Pool is small but the spa and pool looked very clean. The front desk people we really nice and helpful. We did not have enough towels for 4 people to shower but they immediately gave us a couple more. The ceiling, and shower curtain in the bathroom did have mold growing. If you are not picky it really isn't that bad and was the best priced in the area. The rooms leave little room to walk between the end of the bed and the dressers. The TV was a flat screen. I felt safe and slept very well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bajmlb
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed here for one night with family. The whole place seemed pretty dingy and nasty. Nothing looked like it had been cleaned that well. There was trash in the hallways and the rooms had a weird smell. They were also incredibly small and it was hard to find a place to put any of your stuff. I just tried not to touch anything. The bathrooms were gross; the ceiling and shower curtain were moldy. The towels were small and frayed along the edges. It was also hard to sleep because you could hear people walking around upstairs, as well as dogs barking. Only small positive was the breakfast, which had waffles and cereal. Coffee wasn't too bad either. Still, I would pay a little bit more and stay somewhere else. We passed several nice looking places on our way into town, I would suggest picking one of those. Don't waste your money here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Maybe I'm not as picky as the other reviewers, but I didn't find this hotel that bad. Yes, the room was quite small (a little bigger than the Queen size bed) but we weren't in it much and it had everything we needed, including flat screen TV w remote, Micro-Fridge, free WiFi, so forth. Enjoyed the heated pool, once again, a little small but not crowded, and Hot Tub was nice. Breakfast included waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, and more. And, the basic interaction w/the manager (check in and out) was pleasant. Overall, for the $47 Senior price, thought it was a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends