Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbath suitesocial hoursmall kitchenfree dinnerlots of fresh fruitkitchen areagreat breakfastlong staywafflesfull kitchenseparate bedroomgreat place to staymorning breakfastbreakfast staffsofa bedextended stayfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great hotel in Lincoln. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and spacious. The only downside was that they did not have an indoor pool to enjoy after a long day of travel. The breakfast was good and the workout room was well equipped. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tiffany C
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your generous review. It is always good to hear that we are meeting our guest's expectations and providing them with great hotel experiences. Having a clean and spacious room can really take the edge off after a long day of travel.

I am just so sorry our outdoor pool did not meet your expectations. Hopefully next time you visit, it will be a nice, hot summer day to enjoy our pool by.

Again, thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with our teenage son. The room was clean and comfortable. We had plenty of space and privacy. The king sized bed was very comfortable. Having a television in both the living room and bedroom was a plus. The pull out sofa bed was not super comfortable, but then are they ever? We would definitely stay here again. The breakfast was excellent with lots of variety.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WKCOPKS
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. Here at Staybridge Suites, our aim is to provide a clean comfortable stay paired with a warm welcoming breakfast to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Making several stops here each year, this Staybridge has to be the cleanest and nicest of them all. A very large outdoor pool and hot tub help recover from miles on I80. Free wine/beer/hors d ouvres on select weekdays a big plus. Quiet A/C and a comfortable beds. Easy access to gas and food, fast on/off I80

Room Tip: Parking gets tight late in the day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jayski_WP
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. It is nice to know our efforts in providing great hotel experiences has got you coming back to visit us frequently.

Clean comfortable rooms, delicious food and beverage at Social, and a big outdoor pool to lounge by in the summer are just some of the amenities that we are proud to provide our guests.

Again, thank you for your kind review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked a 1 bedroom suite with 2 beds. Our mistake was booking it through Hotels.com (which we never used before). This was the first night of our vacation (road trip to CO). We drove 12 hours and looked forward to a relaxing evening and a good nights sleep in a hotel husband chose after much thought and effort.
After checking in we were given small standard room with a double bed and small, very uncomfortable pull out sofa. Our grown daughter didn't sleep a wink on that sofa. We protested heavily upon arrival but the hotel staff was adamant that because we booked through Hotels.com we were stuck with this room. After heavily complaining we were offered a free smokers, 2nd room which one of us would have to sleep alone in. They said that by not booking directly with them we were out of luck. We were willing to pay anything to get the room we thought we booked, but those rooms were being held for customers who previously booked directly with them. Upon calling Hotels.com and speaking with someone in the Philippines, and asking for a manager, we were told basically" tough luck", they would refund our money (in 3 weeks), but the town was booked on the weekend prior to Forth of July and a refund wouldn't solve our problem.
No. 1:hotels.com booked a standard room, while confirming to us that they booked a 2 bed suite. They misrepresented the accommodations.
No. 2: the Hotel should not deal with Hotels.com and have customers arriving that have been baited and switched. The Hotel.com customer is treated as a 2nd class citizen. We were told it was in a disclaimer that the room we booked may not be available, but no disclaimer was on any of our paperwork. I will never use Hotels.com again. In fact I will always book directly.

The discount wasn't our motivation, my husband just booked with them because he stumbled upon their site while researching hotels, I usually book the rooms, but this time he did it and felt horrible about this failure. He thought the outdoor pool and hot tub, plus the suite and the hotel location were all great. the pool was cold, unheated and the hot tub was small and not hot, perhaps the rooms are nice, but we didn't get one of those rooms. Not a great start to our long awaited vacation (it's been years!) but we look forward to a more successful trip from here on.

Room Tip: Book directly with hotel. Check your confirmation for small print stating your booked room is not guaranteed!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LEXI
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Firstly, I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time out to review Lincoln I-80 Staybridge. Feedback from our guests is very important to us as it is a tool that helps us achieve guest satisfaction.

Secondly, I want to apologize for the issues you had at the hotel during your time with us. After a long and tiring drive, it is extremely frustrating to get to your hotel only to find the room you expected to have is not available for you. Additionally, I want to also apologize for the pool and hot tub not being up to standard. Please be assured, your concerns are being taken very seriously and will be addressed with the appropriate departments.

Please feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns. I hope that you come back and stay with us again so that we can provide you with the great hotel experience you deserve and that we are capable of delivering.

Again, my sincerest apologies and thanks for reviewing Lincoln I-80 Staybridge Suites.

Laya Martin-Tardy
Assistant General Manager
402-438-7829

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this week for a business trip. It was a very convenient drive, just off of I-80 as its name suggests.

ABOUT THE ROOM: The suite was smaller than other suite-style accommodations that I have stayed in, but it was more than adequate for my brief, 2-night stay. The desk light was burned out, and the front desk staff had it replaced quickly when I made the request. The room was moderately clean, but there was one thing that did bother me: the comforter was covered in black hairs that looked like dog fir. They do allow pets at this hotel, so be careful if you have allergies! I threw the comforter on the couch and slept without it because I didn't want dog hairs up to my face (I love animals, but that is just gross).

The bed was comfortable and the pillows were just as I like them: fluffy fluffy fluffy.

The bathroom was pretty clean, but there was a strange worm-like thing on the bathroom floor (it was about an inch long and very thin, grayish in color) along the edge of the tub. I flushed it down the toilet. The shower pressure was wonderful and they provide a nice, wide shower head so long hair is easy to rinse.

The lighting in the room wasn't awfully bright, but you can open the large windows to get more natural light. I had a room on the ground floor, directly facing the pool, so it wasn't very private when I opened the windows.

It was mostly quiet during my stay. I did hear a few dogs barking here and there, but nothing that bothered me. But again, I love animals and their communications don't generally bother me (unless it is one of those little yapper dogs).

I did use the hotel's gym during my stay, and it was equipped with two treadmills, an elliptical, a stairclimber machine, and free weights. There is also a flat screen TV with a remote and a water bubbler with cups, and towels. I had the gym to myself, so that was nice.

The hotel offers an evening social with complimentary food and wine/beer. They also offer a complimentary breakfast (continental plus hot dishes) which was a very nice bonus. I had their eggs, oatmeal, fruit, veggies, and muffins. And they were all quite good. The coffee was actually really good, too. I blended their "Medium Roast" with their "Light Roast" coffee and it was perfect.

There are small things that this hotel does that make the stay more pleasant, like leaving a display of cookies out for arriving guests. The hotel staff is also very courteous and helpful. During my stay, I had the unfortunate experience of waking to a dead battery in my rental car. The girl at the front desk (wish I knew her name) was very helpful, and she told me that the hotel would drive me to work if I needed them to. I was able to call the rental car company and get a guy over for a jump start. But knowing that the hotel would go the extra mile and drive me to work won major points with me.

Overall, I enjoyed my short stay and I know that I will be back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Melanie D
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your generous review. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority, and feedback from our guests is a valuable tool in helping us reach our goals.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Lincoln I-80 Staybridge. A fresh cookie welcome, friendly and efficient staff, delicious breakfast, and fun Social are just some of the things we are glad you experienced. Additionally, having a well equipped Fitness Center comes in handy when Nebraska’s muggy summers make it hard to be outdoors.

While we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we also sincerely regret any issues that you encountered. Finding any insects in your suite, previous guest’s evidence of pets, and poor lighting can be irritating and aggravating. Again, we sincerely apologize for any of the issues you encountered. Please be assured that they will be taken up with the appropriate departments.

We look forward to serving you again. Hopefully the next stay will be even better than the last.