“It has ot all!”

Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The moment we got there we were greeted with happy people and a complementary glass of wine for happy hour. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. The shower had a lot of preassure which i rarely see. The complimentary breakfast the next morning had so many choices, i didnt know what to have. I will definitely choose Staybridge next time i am in lincoln.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. It is always nice to hear feedback from satisfied guests.

At Staybridge Suites, our goal is to provide you with a home away from home. A good breakfast and a glass of wine after a long trip are great ways in achieving our goals.

We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were headed to this property when I noticed a new post about spiders! I thought about this the entire distance, about 7 hours and was ready to look for a problem upon arrival. I searched and was pleasantly and happily relieved. No spiders! The room was clean!!! We had a good Internet connection and the staff was friendly and helpful. This was the last night of our trip and it was pleasant. The only problem we had was with the breakfast serving time. We needed to leave at 6 A.M. and breakfast wasn't served until 7:30 A.M.

1  Thank Show-Me-Travelers
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us and are pleased that your hotel experience was a great one. Our aim is to provide our guests with a home away from home. Making sure that we have friendly staff and clean, comfortable rooms are just some of the amenities we provide in hopes of reaching our goal.

We are so sorry that you were unable to join us for breakfast. Hopefully, when you stay with us again, you will be able to sleep in a little later and enjoy our fantastic buffet!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I needed to find a place to stay the night before our flight in the early morning. We kept looking for places in Omaha since that's where we were going to fly out of, but since everything was extremely overpriced, we found this place in Lincoln. It's really close to the interstate which was important to us. It's a nice place. Absolutely beautiful for what we paid for our room which was about $150 which is still kinda pricey but much cheaper then Omaha's hotels. Our room was nice, clean and roomy. The only downfall to this hotel is they allow smoking in the hotel. I didn't know that some hotels were still allowed to do that in the state of Nebraska. If my husband and I knew they allowed smoking I would have NEVER booked this hotel. It wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't for the fact that I have asthma and my husband just recently quit smoking. Fortunately enough when the desk clerk told me he only had two rooms left that were both smoking he sent another employee to let us pick which room had less smoke in it.

1  Thank Nicole N
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on your stay with us. It is important that we know how we are doing in order to continue to provide the best customer service.

I only wish that we could have made your stay more comfortable. However, I am happy to know that our staff made sure that you were cared for to the best of our ability.

In the future, we hope to provide you with a stay that was even better than you last.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayedd here on the last stop of our road trip and it was a welcome relief. We had a two room suite with full kitchen all for around $100.00. Everything was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs or waffles offered. Staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again if we are in Lincoln again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Guest feedback is an important tool in making sure that we are providing the best hotel experience.

We are proud to provide our guests with a friendly staff, great breakfast, and a clean, comfortable suite. Hopefully, you can come back and experience a great stay all over again!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, and had a very pleasant experience. The suite was roomy, and our daughter found the pull out couch bed and her own TV in the living room area to be quite a bonus.
Pros:
- The staff is very friendly and helpful. And we couldn't believe how MANY of them are available to help!
- On Tues/Wed/Thurs nites, there is a meal served to the guests, included in the price of the stay. We took advantage of the cook-out night, and were treated to grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, veggies, sodas, and beer & wine. It was AWESOME! It was a nice atmosphere, and the staff on hand seemed happy to be there. We are all about saving the money that it would have taken to go out to a restaurant!!
- It is clean and conveniently located.
- The breakfast is good. The malted waffles are the best, and the staff keeps the area clean and stocked. (I was didn't get the impression that the seating area was limited, as some reviewers have suggested.)
- We had some local friends over on Friday evening, and brought pizza and salad in. The restaurant did not provide paper plates, forks, napkins, etc., so I asked the desk manager if we might be able to get some. He replied, "OF COURSE!" and even got us crushed ice and cups for our soda! (we shared our pizza with him, in return for his kindness.)

Cons:
- The cabinet door in the kitchen was hanging at a diagonal, and looked like it would fall off.
- When I gathered up our soft sided cooler from the counter top, I found that spider had made a web, and he was not happy that I was moving him. I disposed of him, and wished that had not happened.
- The air vent in the bedroom was at the top of the wall, and was pointed right at the bed. This would have been okay, except for the headaches and sinus issues that we experience when sleeping in such a strong draft. There was not a way to re-direct the airflow, so we had to use a pen and manually turn each louver by hand in order to not have wind blowing in our faces.
- The pool is an outdoor pool, which is strange for Nebraska. Our daughter had to fit in a swim between rain storms, which was pretty inconvenient.

One final note,...this is a non-smoking hotel. During one of the rain storms, a smoker apparently didn't want to get wet, but opted to treat us all to his exhaust by standing in the outside doorway and letting his smoke blow down the hall. How RUDE! I called the front desk, and they dealt with it immediately, thankfully. Note to smokers: The smoke is for YOU, and not for the rest of us. If you must do it, GO AWAY and do it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words and generosity towards our staff. At Staybridge Suites, our goal is to provide you with a hotel that is your home away from home. A great breakfast, evening social, and friendly staff are just some of the amenities that we proudly provide in order to achieve our goal. We are so glad that you enjoyed them!

I am so sorry for any issues that you had with the condition of your kitchenette, and the "unwelcome visitor" you found behind your cooler. Please be assured that both maintenance and housekeeping will be informed of the matter.

I sincerely hope that you come back and stay with us in the future!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at the Staybridge Inn and Suites in Lincoln, NE for one night on Sunday, June 24, 2012. We were very excited to stay there as the pictures online and the prices were great. While on first glance in our room, it appeared clean and tidy, upon raising our eyes to the ceiling in the kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath, we found wall to wall cobwebs filled with spiders. I spent the first 20-30 minutes killing spiders, mosquitoes and miscellaneous "hard shell" insects and removing cobwebs. If we had not been so exhausted from our drive we would have left but we arrived very late in the evening. Needless to say we slept with our clothes on and one eye open. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JKA21
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Firstly, I want to apologize for the issues you had with your room. We take our guest reviews very seriously and a less than satisfactory hotel experience is unacceptable.

Please be assured, the issue will be brought up to housekeeping staff.

I truly hope that you come back and stay with us again so that we can prove to you that Staybridge Suites can, and will, provide the great hotel experience our guests deserve.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is our first Staybridge Suites visit and we are happy to be here. Very roomy queen suite overlooking the pool with two large windows that open. Full kitchen with utensils. The bed was very comfortable and the room is quiet...considering this weekend is the College World Series of Baseball and is full up with kids. It's nice to have a DVD player and things like the Barbeque Grills by the pool.
The downside is the pool is outside and it's raining today...the couch has a few stains from maybe chlorine on bating suits. Nice breakfast even though we have our own kitchen. We liked it and would stay here again.

Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly value our guests and their feedback as it helps us in being a great hotel guests love!

Our goal is to make sure that you feel at home when you are staying with us. Making sure that you have a clean, well appointed suite, and grills to socialize around are just a few factors that we pride ourselves in providing you.

I sincerely apologize for any issues you had with the condition of the furniture in your room. Rest assured that we will do our best to make sure that your next stay with us is even better than your first.

Again, thank you and we hope to serve you again in the future!