“Solid Midwest cooking”

Stauffer's Cafe & Pie Shop
Ranked #35 of 668 Restaurants in Lincoln
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Was visiting Lincoln on business and had one breakfast and one dinner at this place. It was busy both times. The food is Midwest plain and simple with no pretense at any sophistication. At dinner I ordered the Midwest staple chicken fried steak. It was a pre-formed patty with a portion of very good mashed potatoes and a large serving of canned green beans which were too salty to eat.
Wife had a pork tenderloin sandwich (another Midwest staple) which she pronounced as "OK".
So far this place was merely "OK" but redeemed itself with the pie. We each had a slice of two different pies and each was outstanding. Come here for the pie and for breakfast.

2  Thank spartan60933
There are newer reviews for Stauffer's Cafe & Pie Shop

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Husband and I have eaten lots of homemade meals at this down-home restaurant which also happens to be close to home. Breakfast is featured all day, plus they have 'lots' of homemade pies to choose from - all of which have been delicious whenever we've treated ourselves. Also lots of younger people on staff who are good and conscience.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stauffer's is the place that your grandparents used to take you after you lost a baseball game. You will want to take your kids here and let them order for themselves. It has good comfort food, great coffee and outstanding PIE. You should go here for the PIE alone.

1  Thank 13aker
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Typical diner/cafe food, but the English muffin sandwiches are delicious, and everything on the menu is easy on the wallet! What I love the most is the cozy, atmosphere. It just has a good feeling to it.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

here is a place with some good home style cooking. do be patient here, as there is often a long line to get in. I did one time, have the hostess let people who came in after me be seated ahead of me. I don't know why, as I was there by myself. that may have been why that time. the last time I was there, I got good service, and good food