“best breakfast in Lincoln”

Stauffer's Cafe & Pie Shop
Ranked #42 of 656 Restaurants in Lincoln
New Orleans
“best breakfast in Lincoln”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

whole wheat blue berry pancakes cinnamon rolls great service the place is always busy all locals they have breakfast specials including hamburgers and chicken fried steak

Visited September 2012
2 Thank bobtrav

Waxahachie, Texas
“Senior delight”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

While visiting the area, my mother suggested we grab a bite to eat. Upon entering this restaurant I knew why my family enjoys eating here regularly. A table with boxes of fresh whole pies greeted us, inviting us to eat desert first. And we did just that while we waited for more family to arrive. I can say the suger-free triple berry pie has great flavor. A tremendous variety of pies, even during the supper hour were still avaliable to select from. I enjoyed the grilled chicken salad. The portions are large enough that my aunt and uncle shared the beef strogenoff special while being reasonably priced. A great number of senior citizen discounts were given as the majority of patrons met the age requirements. I didn't see an employee that I would bet was over 25 years old but that didn't stop them from relating to the elder customers, sometimes being extra patient and always respectful. Keep up the great work!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Photoclicker
Concordia
“Stick with the pies”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

If you don't mind bland and overcooked then eat your meals here. But dessert here is heavenly with so many different types of pies to choose from and you can't go wrong with any of these pies!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Barbara D
Nebraska City, Nebraska
“Soggy ?”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I had never been to Stauffers before. I had heard many great things however it failed to meet my expectations. The place is located in south Lincoln near 48th and Hwy 2 in a strip mall. My first impression was being "ungreeted" and it's a go sit where ever you want place. There are tables, booths and a lunch counter. The place is very clean and maintained but not any special decor or anytihng, also not cluttered, fresh looking paint etc. It's like a hometown cafe in the urban city clean. modern. The staff acted appropraitely and did their job but without and extra effort or reagard Not rude but also no overly, welcoming, friendly or extra coutesy or customer oriented. Im sure these people are great it just did not show. I ordered # 3 potatoes with toast. The toast was soggy either because it was not toasted or too sogged down with butter, maybe it should have been ordered dry, Im not sure? The hashbrowns were more steamy soggy as opposed to actually being well fried or whatever they should be, they also really had no flavor even with salsa, something was missing...?The place appears to be mostly patroned by older folks and maybe appropriate for families? The whole place is filled with pies. Im also not sure this would be a place for health minded individuals, I would be willing to return but it was not a flawless first experience as far as food quailty.

• Visited February 2012
Nebraska
“Good Pie and Hamburgers”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The pie is very good and they have lot of selections. Hamburger are very good. Other items that we have tried on the menu are average at best.