“Disappointing, avoid staying here when in Lincoln NE”

Chase Suite Hotel Lincoln
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Wisconsin
“Disappointing, avoid staying here when in Lincoln NE”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We recently stayed at the Chase Suites in Lincoln NE. We drove 10 hrs to attend a wedding. We arrived at the hotel after our 10 hours drive and I knew I had mad a mistake when I first opened the door to the room. The first thing I noticed was the the door had been kicked in some time in the past and the fix was to simply paint the exposed wood and screw a cheap plate over the broken frame. My sister-in-law was staying in the room next door and her door was in the same condition. We found the room itself to be in poor condition there were holes in the bathroom door, broken tile in the entry, gouges in the walls. this is just to name a few issues. The first morning we were awoken by the maid service at shortly after 8AM. The maid opened the door even though we had set the dead bolt lock. Luckily we had also set the inside safety latch, however the fact that we did not answer the door and had the inside latch set was not enough to give them the hint that we wanted to sleep in. they then called us from the front desk to ask if we wanted service. The final disappointing thing was when we went to the "Club House" to get "Hot Breakfast" and found that they ran out of food 45 minutes before the breakfast was supposed to end.

All in all this was definitely not worth the money we paid for the room. If you are looking for a room in Lincoln NE I would say stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed February 27, 2010

What a great room for such a small price! We totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was very spacious and very clean. The staff was very friendly and met our every need!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We love staying at the Chase Suites when we come from Atlanta to Lincoln to visit our daughter at college. The rooms are great, the hotel is more like an apartment complex than a hotel, and when we come visit, it is a great place for our daughter to take a break from her dorm and feel like she is in a home environment. We love that we can even cook her favorite meals in the suite kitchen! We are even able to bring our dog when we make the twice yearly trip to deliver her and all her things to school, and that is a huge relief as this trip takes us away from home for at least a week. The only problem we have ever had was from inconsiderate guests above us and after a call to the front desk, the problem promptly stopped. Thanks Chase for giving us a nice place to feel at home when we come so far to visit our daughter.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Meridian, MS
Reviewed October 3, 2009

This place was clean and comfortable. It has everything you need during an extended business stay except for free in room wifi. They have data ports in the room, but they actually charge a fee to use them! That is my only complaint about this otherwise perfect home away from home.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I stayed at the Chase Suites Lincoln while driving from Indiana to Colorado for college and it was a nice hotel. I generally stay at Holiday Inns or other big chain hotels, but I found a nice rate on a travel site so I decided to give the Chase Suites a try. Since I was traveling on I-80, it was a bit out of the way for me, but that is forgivable. The lady at the front desk was very friendly when I checked in as were the several staff that I passed between the clubhouse and my room. I saw several large groups that were staying in the hotel, so I was a bit worried about noise, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was very quiet at night. My room was spacious and comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning was pretty basic, but nice nonetheless. My only real criticism would be the lack of wireless internet. I typically use my iPod Touch for internet while traveling, and the Chase Suites is the first hotel I've been to in a long time that lacks WiFi. However it's worth mentioning that they do have internet access if you have a computer with an ethernet port and they also have a business center with internet access. However the computers in the business center were VERY slow. Given what I paid, the Chase Suites was a superb value, and I would stay there again if I were traveling through or staying in Lincoln.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Jerikson, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Lincoln, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
Thank you very much for your comments! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for your concerns about the wireless internet, we are working on upgrading our service in that regard, and are hopeful that we will be wireless very soon. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and we hope to see you again soon!
Chadron, NE
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I and my colleagues have been staying here four days a week almost every week since Jan 2009.
We are working on a software implementation project and some will stay through April 2010.
Brandon is always friendly when we check on Monday evening. The evening snaks are great and even a BBQ on Wednesdays. The breakfast mgr always plays good music and whistles in the morning. She produces an excellent breakfast. Shelly, Connie and the others in the main office are friendly.
We haven't always been able to retrieve items left in our rooms after check-out, but last week I left an entire bag and it was returned to me.
The work out room could be bigger nad have more equipment and AC, but overall a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stays! We always enjoy seeing your group come in, and though we know traveling for work is never necessarily fun, we hope we make your time with us as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again for all of your future trips. Thanks again!
Orange County, CA
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Wow, I was disappointed with the rooms. They were dated and falling apart. The laminate was peeling from the cabinets, the ceiling had many stains, the caulk in the tub was dirty, the kitchen was worn. The sheets and towels were stained.

The pool was outdoors, but could use work. Some questionable hotel guests hung out there. One guy looked drugged out. Another guy wore pants that didn't cover his underwear.

On a postive note: The food was fine and the evening staff were very friendly. The rooms were large. Good thing the mall was across the street to escape the room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
I am terribly sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as you expected. We work hard to try to provide the best lodging experience and the best value in our area, and I am genuinely sad to know that you did not receive this from us. We are constantly renovating our rooms to keep them up-to-date, and I can personally guarantee that the next time you stay with us, your experience will be entirely different. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns, and let me assure you that you will be quite pleased on your next visit.