“What a great find!”

Cloverleaf Suites Lincoln Nebraska
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We have been making trips between Chicago and Denver recently and have come in to a situation where the hotels in the Lincoln area were frightening to stay in - dirty, uncomfortable. This hotel is so different and nice. The rooms are suites, very private, and each with a little patio area. The suite was very clean, had a full kitchen, and a bathroom area that is large and away from the living/bed area. When we arrived at about 5:15 p.m., they were having a hospitality hour - they were serving hot dogs, burgers, potato salad, beans, and beverages (both soft drinks and wine). Breakfast is also served.
We'll be back to this comfortable oasis on future trips

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed two nights at this Chase hotel. The setting is pleasant and quiet. There are restaurants, grocery and drugstores nearby as well as a small shopping mall. The beds were quite comfortable and the room was a nice size. Drinks and hot foods (nachos, hot dogs, hamburgers) offered each evening are a nice addition but not up to the standard of what we have found in other hotels. The furnishings in the rooms are showing wear and the pillows drastically needed replacing. The only real concern I had was that the room seemed quite damp - and the dampness increased with the use of the AC. We reported this and were told that someone would check it for us - but to the best of my knowledge no one ever did (if they did they didn't let us know) and the dampness did not improve. It was not especially humid outside and actually felt much more humid in our room than outside. We considered moving to another hotel for the second night but decided we didn't want the hassle of moving. The only other downside to this hotel was that the rate was a bit higher than newer accomodations nearby - wish we had checked this in advance.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClaudiaB
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed in a Queen studio. It was fine, except my daughter had to sleep on the couch. Breakfast was nice in the morning. Freshly cooked and baked, not prepackaged stuff. Staff were pleasant enough. We only stayed there one night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed at the Chase Suites June 12-18 on a family vacation. We had chosen to stay at this hotel and drive to and from Omaha rather than be crowded into one room with our 3 children. The two bedroom suite was ideal for our family. Check in was fast and efficient. The full hot breakfasts were great and was a plus for us. We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub (although the pool could have been a little cleaner).
Our suite was desperately in need of remodeling. The carpet was worn and you could see where the threads were coming out of the carpeting on the stairs to the loft bedroom. The T.V.'s are not flat panel and throughout the week we had problems with reception. The first few days we had very little hot water. The hotel stated that they had just put a new hot water heater in the unit. With the weather wet and chilly most of the time we were there they should have moved us to another unit.
Don't expect privacy as there is no locks on the master bedroom door so they kids (and pets) can push the doors open.
Housekeeping left something to be desired as well. They didn't restock supplies (i.e. toilet paper, tissue, etc. and left trash on the counters. We kept our trash off the floor and the kids did their best to try to remember to put empty soda cans and such in the trash. I can understand that they are in a hurry, but that doesn't excuse lousy service.
We would still recommend this hotel for families, but would recommend not expecting quality service. Do your own housekeeping and bring your own supplies.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Wow, loved the big spacious room, but it was nothing compared to the great staff -- they clearly take pride in their work. The grounds crew was top notch, the grounds were lush and well kept -- the place felt like a little Eden. The woman who handled the free complimentary breakfast did an outstanding job-- lots of fresh fruit and she even offered us cinnamon rolls as they came out of the oven -- I don't think I could have paid for a better breakfast anywhere. The desk crew was friendly and efficient, never had to wait long for service, and they were friendly and helpful when I had to make multiple changes to my reservation. Only one small complaint: the cost of the self-service laundry -- yikes, $1.75 for the dryer was, um, crazy, but a small blemish on an otherwise idyllic place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This was my first stay at the Chase Suites in Lincoln and I will definitely be back. Comfortable rooms with a full kitchen. It's like having your own little apartment. No listening to someone's kids run down the hall while you are trying to sleep like in a regular hotel. Very peaceful.
Because of my horrible sense of direction. I did have a little trouble finding my building...but that's my fault and I had a map. I just have no internal compass.
I got a special online rate of $66 a night. Pretty reasonable. There was an evening social hour on the weekdays that offered food an beverage. The first night I was there, it was a potato bar, the 2nd was grilled burgers and dogs by the pool, and the third was corn dogs. I didn't participate in those, but if a family of 3 ends up eating dinner at the social hour...it's a pretty big savings. My husband dropped in one night and partook of a couple free beverages (they had beer and wine). The breakfast is quite good- both in quality and variety. It was different each of the 4 days I was there. Waffles, fruit, bagels/toast/muffins were available each day. But one day there was sausage and eggs, another a breakfast casserole, another...a breakfast sandwich. I appreciated the balanced choice with protien, carbs, fruit, and dairy all available.
Something to note if you are travelling with someone who is on a gluten free diet: There is an Akins natural food store across the street (behind Grisanti's). They stock a lot of gluten free foods. We were able to purchase meals for our daughter and prepare them in the kitchen in our room. It was a huge help to us since it is so difficult for her to eat at a restaurant. She was also able to eat some of the hotel breakfast items which were gluten free...(Yoplait yogurt, fruit, milk).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This was such a nice place. We were first disappointed by how far away it was from I-80 (about 15-20 min), but once we got there, we felt it was well worth it. The price for what we got was amazing, and our suite came with an equipped kitchen and two "rooms." The breakfast was also impressive, with FRESH FRUIT, something we had not had at any of the other hotels on our trip. We postponed leaving in the morning so we could stay and enjoy our room, and we wished we could have stayed longer. We cannot say enough good about this place- we would definately recommend it! The only other drawback besides its distance from the interstate was that at around 6:00 in the morning, there was some VERY loud noises outside. I still don't know what it was, maybe construction of some type, but it was very loud and continued for a couple of hours.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family