“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #55 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
North Platte, Nebraska
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I booked this motel for three nights last-minute due to almost every other place in town being full on Husker game day. The price wasn't too bad, but I soon found out why. Most of the lamps in the room didn't work, the lock near the top of the door was broken, and sleep was almost impossible in the very early mornings with all the children running up and down the hallways and shouting near the pool area. We were also harrassed by a group of Latino men, who followed my friend and I up to our room, smiled and winked at us everywhere, cat-called us in the parking lot, and peeked in our room. One of them knocked on our door for a good 20 minutes, mumbling something in Spanish. We barricaded our door with the two chairs in the room at night before we slept because we felt unsafe with them around. DO NOT STAY HERE. I know I won't be again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sammikins666

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
north platte
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Don't let the pictures fool you. I booked this room because of the rate. I will never stay here again! Filthy doesn't even explain how dirty it was. The chair in our room looked like someone had an accident in their pants and sat on it. Tiles were falling down from the ceiling and was unsure if we should sleep in the beds. Room was hot and the air didn't seem to work. Security was an issue. The outside doors were always open. We had breakfast in the restaurant. The waitress was rude and stressed out. When I went to pay for our meal, I used my check card and she was real upset about it and used foul language. This place isn't worth a penny to stay at.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank 81sportyNorthPlatte
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is the most dirty disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff is a bunch of thugs and should probably all be in jail. The whole place smells like wet dog and the resturant is awful. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!! If you are looking for a cheap place to stay I would recommend a local mission or homeless shelter because it will probably be in better shape.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank travel98575
Red Oak, Iowa
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This has to be the worst hotel/motel. I have never stayed at a facility this bad. non-smoking room smelled like smoke; glass door leading to 2nd floor rooms was filthy; trim on stairsteps looked as though never been dusted; cobwebs in all corners; bed was HORRIBLE; never saw anyone vacuuming; floors dirty and stained; no AC in room; conference room floor dirty and very noisy due to pool next door and common ceiling; desk staff wasn't friendly; couldn't solve problems (too many problems)!

• Stayed July 2010
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We had 3 rooms when we stayed. We had to relocate all the rooms once and one room twice because of the horrible odor in the rooms. There were a group inside the pool area that partied until 2:30 in the morning making all sorts of noise. Free coffee wasn't available in lobby and they told me I had to get it from the restaurant which was going to cost me 2.50. The business center didn't have a printer or a fax. Do not stay here!!

• Stayed July 2010
York, NE, USA
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This hotel was hosting our Convention July 16-18. I began having issues with this hotel 2 months before the convention, first off the first 5 or 6 times I called for a rate for their rooms, i was either hung up on or forgotten. When I finally did receive a quote for the the room, it was the wrong rate of 89 a night, compared to our group rate of 69 a night which i found out later when I went to book the rooms.

When I booked our 3 rooms for the York our local organization, I did not get a confirmation number and they did not take a card for a guarantee. Called back again and got the manager who took my card gave me confirmation numbers and then gave me her cell phone so i could call with any problems. Was also told that I had till 4PM day of arrival to cancel rooms if I needed to. I called and canceled one room at 10 AM on Friday and I had no problem.

When we got to the hotel, it was awful. The whole place had a smell to it, it was HOT and humid all over the hotel. Every were was dripping water somewhere, from the railings on stairs, light fixtures in rooms (not safe!)and the two rooms we had for our chapter, smelled like a litter box. There was even one room that had a bunk bed in it that was being held with zip ties...and adults would be sleeping on that!!

Pool area had no garbage cans around, no where for anyone throw away cans or anything.

Service was HORRID!! I was told the cancelation policy was 4 PM day of arrival, Had another girl call to cancel and they told her 24 hours in advance and refused to cancel her room at 3 PM. All cancelation policies should be the same, especially for the same group!!! This was not fair to the girl who needed to cancel! As of now I have yet to see if my third room that I cancelled at 10 AM Friday July 16, is going to be charged or not.

Ceilings were cracked and falling apart in several rooms, rooms smelled AWFUL, some rooms the heating and air did not work. There was NO air conditioning in any of the meeting rooms, ballrooms, one meeting room was flooded, the other room was closed, we are very lucky that none of us had to be taken to ER for Heat Stroke Saturday...and filling a room of 60-75 people with no air conditioning for a room that we paid for with expectations of being at least comfortable was rediculous.

Saturday morning when I was in attendance for a meeting, Food had been left to sit the night before and the manager came in complaining about bugs, and sprayed bug spray over the left over food, and complained that if it wasn't left out then there wouldn't be bugs all in front of us all...Shouldn't the cleaning staff had gotten that up the night before or at the very latest Saturday morning.

Dinner and Lunch services were just as bad, in the restaurant and banquet, the water pitchers looked dirty, stuff fell off of our forks, I had to go wash my dishes before i ate i was so disgusted!!!

My fiance and I were very disgusted by the shape and the service of this hotel...I know we will not be staying there again, and I'm sad that I wasted over $300 in hotel room fees, this hotel was not worth $69 a night (2 rooms, 69 a night), and if we had any other option close, I would have left this hotel and stayed elsewhere. But with our convention schedule we had to stay close. But we will not be staying at this hotel again and I do believe that the building and restaurant need to be inspected to make sure they are legal and safe before someone gets hurt.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank DJTraceyD
lsouth dakota
Reviewed March 24, 2010

This hotel was so easy it has it all, restaurant, lounge, pool, and comfortable beds. The staff was so friendly and helpful too. Will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business