“great rooms”

Inn and Suites Lincoln
Ranked #57 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed March 24, 2010

This hotel was so easy it has it all, restaurant, lounge, pool, and comfortable beds. The staff was so friendly and helpful too. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed February 24, 2010

I stayed in the guesthouse inn and it was baaad! 1st the pool was not clean and was very cold, the people working there, all of them, about 2 people behind the dest and one near the pool area all were in bad moods.

I had 4 people staying with me but only recieved 2 key cards, that is, until i went back there and had to explain 3 times that we had FOUR people in the room and needed FOUR keycards!

When we were checking out, I waited 15 minutes at the desk because no one was there, and no one seemed to notice all four of us were there, along with other guests needing to be checked out. I had to find someone who worked there to tell them I needed to check out!! And when I did, there were no apoligies.

THE WORST PART is 30 days later when my bank statement arrived: THEY CHARGED ME 100 EXTRA DOLLARS BECAUSE THEY QUOTE "FOUND CIGARETTE BUTTS IN MY ROOM" I said "What?!?" there was absolutely no smoking in the room! my frined smoked outside and brought his butts inside, instead of littering. I immediately called the hotel and spoke with the general manager woman. It was like talking to a brick wall. She showed me NO RESPECT and basically told me to "SUCK IT UP"

IVE NEVER BEFORE BEEN SO FRUSTRATED WITH A HOTEL IN MY LIFE! and i travel a lot. I also talkied on the phone to a man who worked at the hotel who was more respectful to me, but he told me that these things happen a lot. I DONT DOUBT THAT THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN AT YOUR ESTABLISHMENT.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank hrtshsjyj
Reviewed June 22, 2009

This hotel is no longer a Howard Johnson....clean and great staff...good restaurant...liked the hotel alot...will be staying again next time in Lincoln....

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here because they ga ve us a good rate for many rooms for a wedding block. The hotel is now a Guesthouse Inn. The management was awesome and we were treated very well when we had an issue with our debit card authorization, it was taken care of immediately. Hotel is an older hotel, and from the outside doesn't look good, but it was nice on the inside and the rooms were decent. Restaurant has very good breakfast. The pool was freezing cold and my girls couldn't swim in it. All in all it was good stay, and we would stay again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2008

First of all, this is not the easiest hotel to find. There is no Howard Johnson Sign. It says University Place Inn on a large sign the you see from the highway, but no signs on the actual hotel building at all. The restaurant sign is the only way we knew it was the place. It is very run down looking on the outside and has signs posted about not leaving valuables in your cars. (Not an encouraging sign, but I suppose necessary given the location.) There is a large indoor area to let the kids run and people did until 11PM the first night. The second night was worse with a very loud band playing until well after midnight (a wedding reception, I think.) If the price had not been such a good price ($35 per night), we would have went somewhere else. The rooms have a basic flaw, a glass front, which allows terrible noise issues. The heat system ran constant and you were either freezing if you shut it off or frying if you didn't. The rooms were clean enough, but we asked for more towels and never got them. The sheets were not fitted and did not stay on the bed for anything. The maid did not speak English. The pool was huge, but cold. Nice hot tub, which said adults only, but was full of kids trying to warm up after being in the pool. The arcade took the kids money, but several games didn't work. We did get a refund though. The mini golf was only 5 holes and getting clubs and balls was a challenge. So, if you live close and don't need sleep and want to party the whole night, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank SPODA7
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I reserved a room here for my husband and I to stay for the night, with my bank card. When we arrived, I paid cash for the room we were staying in and signed a receipt for the hotel copy. We got into our first room and discovered that the bedding had not been changed from the people who stayed in this room before us. I called the front desk and complained and he moved us to another room. The second room had water all over the bathroom floor, so I called the front desk, apologized for being a pain and explained the situation. The front desk clerk said that he would move us to another room. The third room was ok. Then, the hotel double charged me for the room- on top of the terrible room situations! This caused my account to overdraw and for them to give me the run around about what was going on. Did I keep my receipt???? No, I must have threw it away in the hotel room. Now they know that I can't find my receipt and they know that they have a copy and they won't take care of my overdraft fees in my account. The manager even hung up in my face, telling me to fax the receipt and they'll take care of it. WOW!! Keep your receipts people...If you reserve a room with your card and decide to pay cash, KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank keepitreal77
Reviewed March 12, 2006

I stayed here after finding a cupon for $35. This hotel is the kind of hotel that you remember from being a kid. HUGE swimming pool, arcade, mini golf, good restaraunt, and nice bar, all under one roof. The rooms were clean enough and the furniture and bed decent, the tv was a 27" model, and the wirless interent worked very nicely.

The only thing I could possibly complain about for the price was location ( not really near the highway ), and the front desk girls had a bit of the "I just work here" attitude. Overall though, I would recommend this place, especially if you have kids, or like to eat and drink without driving anywhere.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business