“Okay hotel for the price paid”

Inn and Suites Lincoln
Ranked #58 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Hays, Kansas
“Okay hotel for the price paid”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here because they ga ve us a good rate for many rooms for a wedding block. The hotel is now a Guesthouse Inn. The management was awesome and we were treated very well when we had an issue with our debit card authorization, it was taken care of immediately. Hotel is an older hotel, and from the outside doesn't look good, but it was nice on the inside and the rooms were decent. Restaurant has very good breakfast. The pool was freezing cold and my girls couldn't swim in it. All in all it was good stay, and we would stay again in the future.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
South Dakota
Reviewed October 20, 2008

First of all, this is not the easiest hotel to find. There is no Howard Johnson Sign. It says University Place Inn on a large sign the you see from the highway, but no signs on the actual hotel building at all. The restaurant sign is the only way we knew it was the place. It is very run down looking on the outside and has signs posted about not leaving valuables in your cars. (Not an encouraging sign, but I suppose necessary given the location.) There is a large indoor area to let the kids run and people did until 11PM the first night. The second night was worse with a very loud band playing until well after midnight (a wedding reception, I think.) If the price had not been such a good price ($35 per night), we would have went somewhere else. The rooms have a basic flaw, a glass front, which allows terrible noise issues. The heat system ran constant and you were either freezing if you shut it off or frying if you didn't. The rooms were clean enough, but we asked for more towels and never got them. The sheets were not fitted and did not stay on the bed for anything. The maid did not speak English. The pool was huge, but cold. Nice hot tub, which said adults only, but was full of kids trying to warm up after being in the pool. The arcade took the kids money, but several games didn't work. We did get a refund though. The mini golf was only 5 holes and getting clubs and balls was a challenge. So, if you live close and don't need sleep and want to party the whole night, this is the place for you.

• Liked — The Price
  • Disliked — The Noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank SPODA7
Crystal, MN
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I reserved a room here for my husband and I to stay for the night, with my bank card. When we arrived, I paid cash for the room we were staying in and signed a receipt for the hotel copy. We got into our first room and discovered that the bedding had not been changed from the people who stayed in this room before us. I called the front desk and complained and he moved us to another room. The second room had water all over the bathroom floor, so I called the front desk, apologized for being a pain and explained the situation. The front desk clerk said that he would move us to another room. The third room was ok. Then, the hotel double charged me for the room- on top of the terrible room situations! This caused my account to overdraw and for them to give me the run around about what was going on. Did I keep my receipt???? No, I must have threw it away in the hotel room. Now they know that I can't find my receipt and they know that they have a copy and they won't take care of my overdraft fees in my account. The manager even hung up in my face, telling me to fax the receipt and they'll take care of it. WOW!! Keep your receipts people...If you reserve a room with your card and decide to pay cash, KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The swimming
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank keepitreal77
Chicago
Reviewed March 12, 2006

I stayed here after finding a cupon for $35. This hotel is the kind of hotel that you remember from being a kid. HUGE swimming pool, arcade, mini golf, good restaraunt, and nice bar, all under one roof. The rooms were clean enough and the furniture and bed decent, the tv was a 27" model, and the wirless interent worked very nicely.

The only thing I could possibly complain about for the price was location ( not really near the highway ), and the front desk girls had a bit of the "I just work here" attitude. Overall though, I would recommend this place, especially if you have kids, or like to eat and drink without driving anywhere.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Chitraveler29
Indianapolis IN
Reviewed February 8, 2005

Old place, needs renovation but very low price. Rooms small and old, noisy heater. Common area large but dark & dingy. Small mini-golf course, good sized pool, small hot tub. Restaurant had recently reopened and was busy but good food. You can get a much nicer place but you would pay quite a bit more too. If you want to save a buck, stay here. If you want nicer accomodations, pay more!

• Stayed March 2003
27 Thank BaldLoonie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 9, 2002

I was very much dissatisfied with our stay. We used to love going there but things have changed. The floors were very dirty and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in a very long time. Whoever made the bed, didn't know how as the sheets came off everytime you tried to turn over. There weren't enough towels for everyone and they allowed kids to be running in the fundome at all hours of the night even though it is posted that it closed at 11:00. We wanted to get away to relax but that didn't happen. We were awake most of the night. Also, the door knob in the bathroom in one of our rooms was broken so you couldn't even close the door all the way. Needless to say, we will never stay there again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member