“Terrific fish tacos in a nice setting”
Review of Brix and Stone - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brix and Stone
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Gastropub. New to Lincoln since September 2010. Unique, excellent restaurant.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This place is in the Haymarket section of town, and I was with a local who pointed it out as a place she hadn't tried yet. While this is a college town, you forget that once you enter the doors and find yourself inside an old converted warehouse. It was nicely done.
We both had the fish tacos, it might have been salmon or tilapia, but they had unique attributes including mango salsa etc, very, very tasty. My colleague recommended the beer which was a wheat with an infusion of framboise, wow, it was yummy too. The nice meal made up for my long delay at the airport getting out, I'd go back here again, but in fairness, there are a lot of restaurants in the immediate area to explore. Don't overlook this one...

There are newer reviews for Brix and Stone

Reviewed September 9, 2013

First, our wait staffer was awesome - attentive but not a bother. She seemed to love her job, and it made us feel welcome and cared for more than any syrupy statement others have made. Then, the Reuben....corned beef is the texture of pulled pork and it melts in your mouth. Sides are ample so you can split the huge sandwich. I've heard their other menu items are just as good...must go back!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

In the Haymarket area and had good ambience, excellent service and large volume "cocktails.' They accommodated 11 of us for a late dinner and each meal could serve 3.

The prices were very reasonable and I would definitely return. Only negative I experienced was the preparation of my calamari appetizer. It was dry and overcooked; others did enjoy their meals.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Been in Lincoln for 3 days and had lunch here twice. Great food, friendly service from April and Max in a casual atmosphere. Menu variety is wonderful. Add it to your plans. Delicious!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

attentive wait staff, food was delicious and promptly served. Really fun atmosphere. Quiet atmosphere in evening, conducive to conversation.