“FILTHY ROOMS AND RUDE STAFF!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #52 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Manager Ketan Patel and staff are unprofessional, uninterested and not customer service oriented. Had 2 rooms non-smoking booked through orbits-we called ahead to confirm to find-out we were being given smoking rooms. My family members have asthma and aweful allergies so this most likely wouldn't work for us. Called orbits and them called Ketan twice and he was rude and not hepful per the orbits staff. They were more than willing to assist us with a resolution. We again called later and said we wanted to look at the room to see if it may possible work. When we entered the room it absolutely reeked and was filthy. The bed mattresses were ripped and full of dead bugs and brown matter. We requested a refund for 1 of the 2 roomsand the staff and manager said there was nothing they could do. Returning the next day to pick up my father we again spoke to the manager in person Ketan Patel and her would not budge and was not at all concerned with the discusting, bug infested, filthy room or his rude staff members. This place is a DRIVEBY-sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Americinn on 27th street is great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AMY D
ABVI-LINCOLN, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

When Guest made reservation on Orbitz.com thinking they are makeing reservation for 2 beds Non-Smoking but when we (Motel) received reservation from Orbitz.com the reservation was for 2 beds Smoking. We generated reservation for 2 bed Smoking as Orbitz reservation we received. Finaly we were sold out for ALL Non-Smoking Rooms on the day of arrival weeks prior and we had to turn away other potential guests for 2 beds Smoking room because we had sold out 2 beds smoking room. When guest called motel directaly to confirm the resevation we informed guest that we received reservation for 2 beds Smoking and Guest was not happy. Guest decided to try to stay in 2 beds Smoking room because the whole town was packed for the special event that were going on in Lincoln. Guest used the room and decided not to stay in the room so we did not gave refund as guest demanded. We provide Clean Comfortable Rooms at Resonable Rates.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We checked into this place at abour 9:39 pm on a rainy night, June 14, 2012. The young man at the desk was very rude. Upon getting to the room, (228) we found the bed to unmade, We called the front desk requesting another room and were told that there were none. I walked to the office and was able to see into many of the unsold rooms. Upon getting back to the office and confronting the desk clerk about the empty rooms he smirked and said he made a mistake. At that time I asked for a refund. The desk clerk printed out a zero balance hotel reciept and told me that the card was credited.The charge was never removed. Our company rents 4 rooms per week in Lincoln. But NEVER EVER HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AmeriStarTransport
ABVI L, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

We must apologize for this oversight on our part for charge on Jun 14 2012 for motel room that you did not stay. We send in check for the amount of charge to the address on file. If you have not received please contact us so we can send you another check. We assure you that we have taken measures to prevent this kind of error. In the future, our staff will be more accommodating to our guests needs. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your situation. We do apologize for delay on replying on this issue. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and we appreciate it when our guests make the effort to bring to our attention items that need to be corrected. Once again, we do apologize and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

General manager Ketan Patel dropped my reservation and then went on vacation for the weekend. I tried to check in after 7 days of hard work and found out they gave my ground floor, non smoking room away. Night clerk was rude and tried to raise my rate. He offered me a smoking room which I refused. I do not recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Ketan Patel did not droop the reservation for Randy Joe Edelmaier. Truck driver did not show up first two days and did not call that Truck driver will check in next day or change of arrival date. On Friday we sold out all Ground floor Single Non-Smoking rooms. I have given Truck driver special fixed rate for One person single Bed room any day of the year and Truck driver was happy. When Truck driver got his girlfriend with him, I Increased the rate by $2.28. My fault was I did not informed the Truck driver that I will be charging him $2.28 extra for second person in the room. When Truck drive showed up Friday for the room we had only Single Smoking rooms left. Truck driver did not like that and did not like the $2.28 Increase in the room rate. Truck driver reluctantly did get Single Smoking Ground floor. Truck driver got upset with front desk and decided not to stay. We value all of our guests and we try our best to accommodate all our guests needs.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

My son and I were traveling to Lincoln for the University of Nebraska graduation so we were looking for any room that was available near the college. That's how we ended up at Americas Best Value Inn. Our stay was fine. The price was right. The location was right. The parking lot was a little bit tough to deal with because there was some sort of horse show in town and the parking lot was full of big trucks. It was a bit hard to maneuver, but that's okay. It was nice to have a gas station next door. The staff was really nice and friendly. Our room wasn't bad. It was definitely clean. The only problems that I had with the room were the fact that there was no alarm clock nor were there enough outlets. I had to unplug the mini fridge in order to plug in my laptop. I'd stay here again although, if you can afford the Hampton and it has availability, stay there. My family was there and it looked awesome! But, Americas Best Value Inn was worth the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor room then you don't have to carry your stuff upstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us at Americas Best Value Inn - East, Lincoln, NE. We so appreciate your support. If you come to Lincoln, NE again in the feature please come stay with us. Thank you for kind words.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We had a very nice stay and was pleased with the clean rooms and frindley service.
The Owner (Ketan) was a joy to talk to, if you stay, try to have a conservaction with him.
Very intersting person.
It was very easy to get around from his motel.
Joe L Sanchez

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for your help. Please Come back and see us again if you are passing through Lincoln, NE or if you have business in Lincoln, NE. We appreciate your business.
Sincerely
Ketan Patel
GM
Americas Best Value Inn Lincoln
5600 Cornhusker Hwy
Lincoln, NE 68507
402-464-5971

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Really, this is probably more 3.5 stars, but I had to choose. After a late flight, I was headed to the Hampton Inn, missed my turn, and completely got mixed up. I ended up here, initially just to see what the price was. When he said $47, I didn't realize that included tax. I was tired and I just wanted a place to sleep for a short time, so I told him I agreed through the bullet-proof window. He was kind of a jerk, though. I asked him why he needed my number and he snarkily said, "so we can call you when you trash the place." I've checked into plenty of hotels and never had to give out my number. Of course, they don't have bullet-proof glass either.

I was unhappy when I checked in and heard a noise outside; I thought it was a motorcycle but it was a train; this place is right across from train tracks.They actually didn't disturb my sleep much but that might've been because I was so tired.

The room had a microwave and minifridge and-somewhat confusingly-a Motel 6 bedspread. The bathtub had kind of ceramic lumps on it (chaulk, maybe?) I tried to wipe it away but it was firm.

The guy at breakfast (different guy) was really nice and asked me a couple times if I wanted waffles, though I came in at the tail end of breakfast. I overheard him talking about how they were going to upgrade to flat screen TVs and that they would probably try to give the older ones to a smaller hotel; to support the little guys I guess. Which made me happy I did not stay at the Hampton Inn.

Of course, they didn't have Hampton Inn quality towels or pillows, but I probably paid about half as much as well. I think they've upgraded the wi-fi recently; I thought it was pretty good and fast.

I'm not entirely sure I'd stay there again-it is a little sketchy- but it was a good value. If this hotel was located in a comparative neighborhood in a bigger and more crime-ridden city, I wouldn't stay there. But it's Lincoln, which is pretty safe.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

5600 Cornhusker Hwy
Lincoln, NE 68507
402-464-5971

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stay at this hotel almost every time we stay in Lincoln. It is not fancy, but it is clean and comfortable and the staff is very helpful. Rates are fantastic and I recommend it to all of our friends. Saw the post below mine and wanted people to know that lots of guys working during the week stay there because of the great rates and service, nothing else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Shelley R
StarCityInnLNK, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear Valued Guest thank you for your review as we strive to make everyones stay a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Lincoln, NE.