“Friendly staff and clean room”

Comfort Suites East
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are visiting the University of Nebraska East Campus. It is close to restaurants and shopping, and the rooms are clean and well kept. With the road construction it is a bit hard to find, especially because the parking lot entrance off of Cotner is barricaded, but go around the corner and you can get in from there. The complimentary breakfast was very nice, and they have the make your own waffles, which we love!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our car broke down in Lincoln, and after being stuck at the mechanic shop for hours all I wanted to do was go to bed and put the day behind me. The mechanic shop kept offering us rooms at motel 8 to which I promptly replied "no thanks". I found this hotel online and when I got to the lobby the desk clerk could tell how exhausted I was and quickly got me a room. It was clean/comfortable/ and quite. ( let me make a side note that I am very picky about cleanliness, especially about a hotel room). The staff was great and very helpful and the hotel was nice and nicely priced. If I had to stay in Lincoln ever again, I would be more than happy to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here in middle-late June for two nights, I would highly recommend it.

Pros
● Staff was very friendly and I had a few conversations with them, night staff were great as well
● Breakfast was very good complete with sausage, eggs, teas, coffee, yogurts, cereal etc (great free breakfast)
● Lounge was very comfortable and everyone seemed in a great mood
● pool was very nice, and relaxing.
● Also is located very close to an indoor mall, as well as nearly all the large name retailers.
● Staff let me use the pool for about 45 minutes after it closed :)

Cons (very few)
● Pool closes at 10, for night owls like me it is a slight problem.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a low number, there is only one elevator, so you may have to walk a fair ways...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a great find this was! Traveling back to Chicago from San Francisco with my daughter and her cat it wasn't always easy to find a hotel with good reviews that took pets. I was so happy to read a few of the latest reviews as they were the deciding factor in choosing it. The hotel is about 6 miles off of I-80, hidden away from all the noise. There is a great Mexican restaurant next door, so you can park your car in the hotel lot and walk.

The room was a suite with sitting area separated from the beds. Couldn't have been nicer. The beds were comfortable, great stations on the television and in the 90 degree heat, the a/c worked like a charm. There was a microwave and small refrigerator too. It was a great sized room.

Didn't eat the breakfast, although it did smell wonderful. We left the hotel too early to enjoy it.

I would stay here again if ever in the area, it was a great hotel with super nice employees. The front desk clerk couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having spent two weeks on the road, we had managed to get our share of dog hotels, so when we walked into our room at the Comfort Suites in Lincoln, Nebraska it was a very pleasent surprise!

The gal at the desk was very pleasant, which is always a nice starter. When we got into the room we were happy to find a large, clean, comfortable room with a great big King size bed. Just down the hallway was a pool and hot tub (we were tired and passed though). The place certainly isn't luxurious, just simple and comfortable. My only knock was a loud walker in the room above us who seemed to go back and forth about 7000 times.

All in all, a nice night on the road with little breakfast bags for early risers who miss the included breakfast. Enjoy....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Beds were uncomfortable. Small pool. Nice quiet units. Good breakfast; however, staff stared at my African American brother as he ate. Made us all very uncomfortable. We stayed one night. It was pretty difficult to find thank goodness for navigation!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Juledeyes
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel had the friendliest front desk clerk I've ever encountered. What a great way to begin our stay! We stayed 2 nights and picked this hotel because of it's proximity to shopping and dining. I went to a workshop and took the car, but the rest of the family walked to the mall, etc. Wonderful pool, clean rooms, friendly staff. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family