“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #5 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed one night on the way back from a road trip, the staff was very nice and the bed was super comfortable. It's right off of I-80 so the location was great. The free breakfast in the morning was very good and offered hot foods. Stayed on a Friday night and the room was around $115 and it was well worth the money spent. The hotel was very well maintained and everything was clean. If I ever need to spend a night in Lincoln again, I would easily come back to this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonGM_NE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lincoln - Northeast I-80, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review. We are pleased to hear that you had a great experience here while traveling. We hope that you will choose to stay with us each time your travels bring you through the area. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the way to and from Denver. I found the hotel to be very clean. I don't always get the included breakfasts when I stay at Hampton, but I did here due to weather. Breakfast was quite tasty. On both stays, I was upgraded to a suite and the first visit was with points!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I did not find the heating system to be loud nor did I find it pricey on the night I paid for myself. Next time I drive to Denver, this will be where I stay.

Room Tip: If you have problems sleeping with noise, request a room on the side opposite the interestate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you had a great experience. We get a lot of or travelers off of the Interstate while traveling to or through Lincoln. Our goal is for us to be the preferred choice each time you come through the area. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. it was very clean and the (included) breakfast is more than satisfactory. I loved the decor and the clean smell and feel of the hotel.
The 2nd night there was a blizzard and I-80 west was closed. The hotel was full. About 9 PM the fire alarm was set off by a kid playing with a remote control helicopter on the first floor near the dining area. It was more than 3 hours before the noise was under control. Most of the hotel was vacated and relocated because they couldn't take the alarm. We decided to stay because we didn't want to go out in a strange town in a blizzard. The hotel comped our room for everyone registered that evening. I like that they made things right with travelers. I go to Lincoln about one every three years. I'll stay in that hotel for my future visits. Very satisfied with their accepting responsibility for their guests.

Room Tip: The hotel floors did not have much of a sound barrier. There were kids above us and they made a big...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonGM_NE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lincoln - Northeast I-80, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for your undertanding about the whole situation and that it waas out of our control. We attempted to reset the alarms but because the sprinkler head was damaged from the child's helicopter our system would not reset until it was repaired. Because of the storm it was difficult for the emergency technician to get here any sooner. It was a bad experience for everyone and we hope that it never happens again. We are pleased to hear that refunding your stay reconciled for the unfortunate experience. Obviously, it was unpleasant for guests to hear the alarms for that long and we didnt expect anyone to have to pay because of it. That is all behind us now and we can resume giving our guests the great service and accomodations that you received on the first night with us. Thank you for understanding and for your business. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Lincoln.
Iowa City, IA
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was a basic Hampton Inn room and was the most expensive we have ever paid, outside of staying in Times Square in NYC. The heating and cooling system was exceptionally loud. When I called to ask what to do, I received an inadequate answer. I finally figured out how to turn it off at 4:30 AM.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonGM_NE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lincoln - Northeast I-80, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I am glad we were able to talk to each other directly about the issues with your HVAC unit. We understand that hotels use so many different kinds of thermostats that it is not always easy to operate them. As we spoke about please let us know a little sooner when you have an issue so we can help make your stay more comfortable. We are also happy we were able to work with you on the rate. As I said in our conversation, we feel that we have an excellent product and price ourselves between full service and economy hotels. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will try us again on your next trip through Lincoln.
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The entire experience is always good. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The entire staff are friendly and helpful. If you like cookies just show up around five thirty or six the come out of the oven then. I will stay here any time I can. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013
HamptonGM_NE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lincoln - Northeast I-80, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. Our goal is to provide a level of service and accomodations that will leave an impression on guests there will never be a question on where they will stay while in Lincoln. We are pleased that we were scucessful in providing this to you. We appreciate your business and we hope you will always stay with us while in Lincoln.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The place was immaculate, the staff very nice, and the bed was comfortable. I was stuck in Lincoln due to a cancelled flight and snowstorm. It made the delay quite bearable. The television had three HBO channels in true HD. The bed was comfortable. And everything was very clean which is my favorite thing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HamptonGM_NE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lincoln - Northeast I-80, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your time in writing a review for our hotel. we are pleased to hear that our service and accomodations made a tough situation a little more pleasant. We strive to provide the best service and accomodations to each guest whether their stay is planned or not. it is our goal to give a great experience in hopes to be the preferred hotel each time your travels bring you to Lincoln. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The room was quiet, clean, & comfortable as I always expect from a Hampton. Our room did face 1-80, but this was not an issue. There was not an excessive amount of noise at all.
The breakfast was a typical continental buffet, but offered plenty of choices for everyone.
We only stayed for one night, while passing through, but would stay again a next time...
No complaints here :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonGM_NE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lincoln - Northeast I-80, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments and scores were very generous and we are pleased that we were successful in providing the level of service and accomodations that you expect from Hampton. We appreciate your business and we hope to be your preferred hotel each time your travels bring you to Lincoln.