All reviewsfire pitfront deskdirector of saleshome away from homeone bedroom suiterooms were very cleanworkout roomhousekeeping staffthe entire staffhot tubwould definitely stay here againnice breakfastoatmealthe breakfast areatywrightkirsten
Reviewed December 10, 2017

While I live outside of Lincoln, my husband and I wanted to finish our Christmas shopping and relax before the upcoming Holidays are upon us. I visit Marriott properties often for work, and have never stayed at this location. Kirsten had our room ready upon arrival. It was nice to be greeted with such a nice warm welcome - very friendly! Thank you for this! I did notice and I asked about the upcoming renovation to the property. While I thought this location was fairly new- and I am glad to hear they are giving this location a fresh face- you can tell it's time for some of the furniture to find a new home. In our room the furniture was worn in a few spots. I do wish they had the glass modern showers like a few of the other locations- in the room. (I've been spoiled) But overall the rooms are very nice clean and comfy.This location had Christmas lights nicely strung on the building and the holiday décor was festive The outside landscaping was ok- time to move the Pumpkins. I always enjoy the fire-pit areas at the Residence Inn- I think it 's a nice touch and if weather permits when you stay- give it a try. Breakfast was hot and good. The service help- Karne and Hannan do a fantastic job of making certain breakfast was ready for the guest. Very Friendly and helpful! While we didn't use the pool- the pool was nice sized and clean. This location is great if you are visiting Lincoln or decide to have a family gathering. ** Don't forget to take your water bottle to the desk at check out for bonus Marriot Points ;) If you are coming to town- a quick plug for a few good local recommendations -- Across the lot, -Stop in and check out the cute local shop "Art and Soul"- they serve a great lunch and try a local beer at the Zip Line local brew house! This location is very close to South Point mall and most major shopping stores. Additional eateries to try if you come to Lincoln- Valentines Pizza - a tradition to Lincoln-(by South point Mall), Lazlo's Brewery, and one of the best kept secrets for Italian is Flores Italian - right by the Southwest High school. Tanners Bar and Grill for Wings, burgers and brews- lots of sports TV's. We would definitely stay at this location again- and encourage our family and business colleagues to stay here as well.

Room Tip: While our room was across from the pool enterance - we didn't hear alot of running around.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Nicole B, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

I am so glad to hear that your trip was relaxing. Lincoln definitely has a lot of restaurants to check out, it sounds like you found all of our favorites! We're also very excited for Hiro 88 to open this spring. They will be in walking distance to the Residence Inn and have delicious sushi. Our renovation will include replacing the couches, chairs, and mattresses, among other things. We take a lot of pride in providing a clean, welcoming environment. Thank you for letting Carry, Hannan, and Kirsten know about their impact!
Nicole
Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Kirsten did a great job helping us set up the conference room for our son's birthday party, as well as coordinating sleeping rooms. The breakfast was excellent and overall staff helpfulness was very accommodating. We've stayed at this hotel a few times before and I highly recommend the sleeping rooms. We will keep coming back. I'm not aware of another hotel in Lincoln that has 2 bedrooms each separated by a door to the central living space.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Nicole B, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Hi Josh,
Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that our guest rooms and conference room were the perfect place for your son's birthday party. The Residence Inn does have very spacious rooms, comparable to apartment style. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 5, 2017

I travel ALL the time - roughly every other week. This year I've spent over 50 nights at the Residence Inn Lincoln South. My expectations are exceeded every time I stay; people are super friendly, the food is great, and the room is never less than spotless. In particular, Nicole at the front desk greets me personally and is incredibly patient with the many reservation changes that I often require. Moreover, Kirsten at the front desk is also very friendly and greets me by name. I've stayed at other hotels in the area and none compare. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Edward W
Nicole B, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Good Afternoon Edward,
Thank you for taking the time to let our staff know that they've exceeded your expectations. With a passion to serve, we will continue to maintain a clean facility, delicious food, and amiable staff. It is always a pleasure welcoming you to the Residence Inn.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Staying here on business. Great staff, friendly, and accomodating. Had a package that I needed for work delivered and Shelle and Kirsten went above and beyond to make sure that I got it without delay.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Nicole B, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Hi Travis, thank you for taking a moment to let us know that your stay has been enjoyable. With a passion for service and strong teamwork, we hope to exceed your expectations. Have a great day.

Reviewed December 3, 2017

The first contact of any facility is the front desk personnel and good customer service. This facility has employees that go above and beyond the call of duty. There are two I would like to show appreciation too ~~ Kirsten and Kylie. On the first day there Kylie was extremely helpful and informational. She checked me in and allowed me know what she was processing the entire time of check-in with being very kind and compassionate based on the time I arrived ~~ 1120 or so. It was her ability to greet and assist with luggage and provide answers to all questions along with such a pleasant demeanor that made the late arrival phenomenal.

And as to Kirsten, she too was very kind and patience. She answered all questions and if she didn't know the answer, she'll go above and beyond to get an answer. She was amazing when we were required to relocate to another Marriott in the area. She was so ready and willing to help and apologetic that we had to relocate. She offered to call another Marriott to assist in acquiring lodging. She knew that it was a weekend of travel for us and she was very successful even though there was a game going on for the weekend. It is this kind of service and appreciation that needs to be noted as exceptional customer service.

In closing it has been an honor and privilege to reside at the Residence Inn and to have two such experienced and understanding employees provide service above and beyond ~~ Thank you.

Room Tip: Suites are roomy
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda L

Hi Linda, thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. Kirsten and Kylie do an excellent job of welcoming weary travelers. We all strive to make your Residence Inn experience top-notch. If you're ever passing through Lincoln again, we would gladly welcome you back.