“Nice for Business Travelers”

Residence Inn Lincoln South
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice for Business Travelers”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed at this location recently as part of our business trip. We wer there for a total of 8 days. The staff was very nice and professional. Randy was a great cook and greeted us with a smile each day after work. The breakfast and managers reception was good.
However, I did not have an exceptional experience with the housekeeping staff. I had dropped popcorn on my floor next to the bed on day one of our stay. They never brought the vaccum in to clea the room until I asked to have my room vaccumed. I thought with this request, they would sweep or mop my bathroom floor. No, I noticed hair on my floor the whole time I was there from me brushing and it was never cleaned. Also, my first night taking a shower there was a razor guard in the tub, this indicated to me, the bath tub was never cleaned from the prior guest.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Arlise
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Arlise,

Thank you for reviewing on hotel on TripAdvisor.com. And thank you for the kind words about me. I would not call myself a cook, but we try to make the food great so you do not have to go out to eat.

I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping staff. Part of being an Extended Stay Hotel is that we do not do full cleans of rooms everyday. We do come in a do what we call a "Refresh", where we make the bed, take out the thrash and replinish towels. It is our part of helping the enviroment while makig it a more homelike feel. However, if the staff sees something that needs to be done, they should be doing it. Popcorn and hair on the floor shoud have been picked up. I do apologize that this was not done.

Again, thank you for your comments. If we do not know it is broke, we cannot fix it. By commenting, you are giving us the opportunity to improve for your future stays.

Randy E. Dee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here while I was changing jobs they staff was very friendly and helpful! The breakfast and managers receptions are wonderful, thank you for being great hosts. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. I loved this hotel so much I'm booing it for my up coming wedding! Ty has been a great help!! I can't wait! If you stay here I'm sure you will love it too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sara S
Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. It means we are doing it right when you stay with us and come back, but not only are you coming back, you are bringing your family and friends. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You hit it right on the head. Ty will bend over backwards for our guests. He does not know how to say no and his attention to every little detail is great. It is one of the reasons why we have repeat guests and groups.

We look forward to seeing you and your guests for your wedding. If there is anything we can do to make it absolutely perfect, please let us know.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

When I had a temporary housing need between homes, I looked at several options and none of them were as good as the options and flexibility provided by Ty Wright and his staff. The rooms are better than apartment options I found and the furnishings from the kitchen to the living room to the bath room and the bed room were very nice. When you accompany that with the amenities of the pool, exercise area, breakfasts, dinners, and social it becomes very easy to manage the time between homes. Overall, I would highly recommend anyone in a similar situation to talk to Ty and his staff and see what they can do to help.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com. We really enjoyed having you with us at the hotel. I think every member of the staff, including myself, gave you you input on where to look for a house. I know you and Ty were looking for houses at the same time, so he was very helpful in sending you in the right direction.

You are correct that our rooms are better than apartment options. We offer all the nice things about an apartment without the headache. You get a nice big room with living area and full kitchen. Then you also get your cable TV, internet and the rest of the extras without having to set up service like you would at an executive apartment. You also mentioned the hot breakfasts and the evening manager socials. Why would anybody choose to stay in an apartment over a Residence Inn room while looking for a house?

We hope that you are able settle into Lincoln and can make it your home. Even though you are not a guest anymore, if you need anything to assist, please let us know.

Auburn, Nebraska
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Whenever I stay in Lincoln, I try to stay here. Business or pleasure - this is our favorite place to stay! The friendly, professional staff have always gone out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Worked closely with Ty Wright on last weekend's visit as we had a group of families needing rooms for the MIT basketball tournaments. He went out of his way to help us with the reservation process. We had a great time! Staff was super, rooms were clean, and the boys enjoyed all of their time at the hotel - especially smores around the fire pit that night! Busy weekend for this hotel and they handled it with finesse. Will definitely be back to stay soon!

Room Tip: Personally, we love the suites on the end - great living space with a separate bedroom. Highly reco...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. You hit it right on the head. The staff is what makes our hotel so great. Our 50% larger than most hotel rooms help too!!! With every room having a full kitchen it assits you to feel like home.

Basketball weekends are always very busy for us. We prepared greatly to ensure perfect stays for our guests. By your comments, it sounds like your stay like was a blow out game. We were hitting 3 pointers left and right. Ty Wright was our point guard ensuring our success.

We look forward to seeing you the next time travel brings you to the Lincoln area.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

When my daughter turned 13, we decided to have several girls spend the night together at the Residence Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful and our girls had a wonderful time in the pool. The two bedroom suite was perfect so two moms could supervise and have our own space while the main room allowed plenty of space for the cake and festivities. This was a perfect location and easily accessible to many residential areas with the mall and movies only a couple miles away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Growhopemom
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com. We love the fact that your daughter and her friends had an awesome birthday bash at our hotel. The best thing is that you could get a night out at a hotel and still have privacy from this kids with our Two Bedroom Suite. Most hotels do not offer two seperate rooms like we do.

We look forward to seeing you for your daughter's 14th birthday or maybe if any of her firends want to do the same thing!!!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed here for 3 months while I was looking for home in Lincoln. I enjoyed morning breakfast, Evening social and friendly staff at front desk. My room cleaning staff knew me by name and they took very good care of me....made me feel i was at home. My room service specialist Twylite always gave me tips about good places to eat and knew exactly after first week how i wanted things to be done in my room. This was an amezing experience for me and my family and before we knew it 3 months were over and it was time for us to move in our actual home. I would always suggest staying here if you plan on staying for longer duration.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We are excited that it sounds like you have an absolutely perfect stay. You stayed at the hotel for the exact reason we are here for. We are here to be your home away from home. We hope that you are getting settled in Lincoln.

I have already shared your comments with Twylite. Most hotels the front desk and breakfast staff are friendly, but housekeepers are normally quiet. Not at the Residence Inn. Every memeber of the staff is here to assist the guest make it a great stay. How many other hotels would the housekeeper be able to assist with the local area and restaurants? We pride ourself in that.

We know when family and friends come to visit you in your new home in Lincoln that there will be only one place you send them to stay. We look forward to seeing you and them in the future.
Norfolk, Nebraska
Reviewed March 12, 2014

They are happy and friendly staff at the residence inn. The rooms are nice. Rooms come with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink. A nice breakfast in the morning. Parking is free. There is a pool for the kids, a basketball court. The hotel itself has a nice setting from the outside. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pete B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I could not agree with you more about our staff being friendly. It is the one absolute thing we are in complete control of at the hotel. You can have a great hotel, great name, but the staff makes it a stay great.

All of our rooms have full kitchens, not small refrigerators and microwaves, but full refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, dishes and a dishwasher. After all it not a hotel, it is a residence. It should be just like your home.

For your long term or short term needs we are the perfect place for a quiet stay. We are the only extended stay hotel in Lincoln that is set back away from a busy street.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the Lincoln area.