Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitfront deskart and souldirector of saleshome away from homebedroom suitequiet hotelextended stayearly checkconference roomrooms were very cleanliving areathe entire staffenjoyed my staywe've stayedhousekeeping staffhot tub
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Customers at this hotel will never be disappointed. First of all, it is located in a very quiet location and the property is well-maintained. Sally and Carol make guests feel very welcome the minute they step foot through the front door. You can't beat the breakfast crew, Char and Sheila either. They put together a very good spread and couldn't be any nicer. Prices are customer friendly and the rooms are very clean and modern. Check it out for yourself!! Go ahead..........DO IT!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Coltsamerica
Dave W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We always enjoy getting feedback from our guests.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Located in a quiet neighborhood but close to restaurants, shopping. Front desk staff was especially helpful including Chris, Sally; Ty was willing to negotiate a great rate for my extended stay. Room was clean, well appointed, new decor. The staff made it feel more like a "home" than a hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were very pleased with Residence Inn Lincoln. The rooms were very clean. The room was very modern and up to date. My bedroom and bathroom at the Inn was bigger than my bedroom and bathroom at home. It was an amazing room and the price was very reasonable. The breakfast was delicious with many choices. We were only staying one night, traveling back from Wyoming. But we wished we were staying longer. The employees at the front desk were very friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay again. The location of the hotel was a little far from the interstate but it was definitely worth the drive. We wish we were there for the evening get togethers. We have stayed at Marriott hotels before and always looked forward to the evening get togethers. It was a nice little extra.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip back to Wyoming. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Nebraska.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Rooms were as large as advertised. Breakfast was decent (like the variety but eggs were rubbery as if they were reheated), although breakfast attendants were very grumpy. Young man at front desk, Chris, however, more than made up for their rudeness with his cheerful and extremely helpful service. Guy should really show the rest of the desk staff (who I hardly saw during my 3 days) and a few of the cranky-looking housekeepers what hospitality is all about. Sales Manager Ty was also pleasant and helpful, and Dave the GM gave good suggestions for lunch (i.e. Art and Soul).
Location was out of the way (from Downtown and Interstate) but, again, service made up for everything, as we knew it wasn't right on the highway even before we booked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The rooms were spacious with a convenient layout, and nicely decorated with many amenities, including a fully stocked kitchen. Just several years old, it still seems brand new. Compared to the last few places I have stayed in the past few months (La Costa, Grand Wailea, HIlton Hawaiian Village, Snowbird), the hotel was quite decent. This being the midwest, everyone was friendly. Even the employee out on her smoke break waved and said hello.

The indoor pool was clean and well maintained, although the water temperature was a bit cool for the younger kids. The hot tub was also not quite "hot" but decent with a temperature in the lower 90's.

I was impressed by the breakfast offerings included with the hotel stay. The scrambled eggs were just so-so, but the sausage patties were quite tasty. Along with the usual waffle maker, yogurt, cereals, bagels, muffins, and juices, it was more than adequate and saves on time and money.

I also liked the BBQ grill and fire pit near the pool. We sat around the fire pit in the evening and made s'mores.

The noise insulation was not great, however. While I could not hear the rooms to the side of us, I would hear footsteps and kids running around upstairs, and people talking if they were directly below us, or perhaps in the restroom. A wedding party playing basketball outside at 2 AM woke me up with the dribbling and bright lights and shouting. Car doors opening and closing in the parking lot, the garbage truck, etc. Then housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:30 the morning we were supposed to check out, even though we were all sound asleep and NOT checked out yet. Luckily the kids slept through it, but someone else came by yet again at 9:30 to see if they could clean our room. Yes, I should have put the privacy sign out the previous night, but I had forgotten and I figured they would not try to clean our room on the last day of our stay if we had not yet checked out.

The Paul Mitchell toiletries were nice, but I am pretty sure they were used by the previous guest and not replaced. The lotion was half empty and crusted on the inside of the top lid and the conditioner was also half empty. And last, I am being incredibly picky, but there was small crumpled wrapper that was not ours behind the curtains.

Overall, a decent stay for the price. I started my review with 4 stars, but found myself subtracting one as I thought about the negatives. As for location, I can't complain but it only takes 20 minutes to get almost anywhere in Lincoln anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family