Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South
$119
$107
$139
  • Pool
New Victorian Suites Lincoln(Lincoln)(Great Value!)
$58
  • Breakfast included
$129
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsfire pitfront deskart and souldirector of saleshome away from homebedroom suitequiet hotelextended stayearly checkworkout roomrooms were very cleanliving areathe entire staffenjoyed my staywe've stayedhot tubhousekeeping staff
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Rooms were as large as advertised. Breakfast was decent (like the variety but eggs were rubbery as if they were reheated), although breakfast attendants were very grumpy. Young man at front desk, Chris, however, more than made up for their rudeness with his cheerful and extremely helpful service. Guy should really show the rest of the desk staff (who I hardly saw during my 3 days) and a few of the cranky-looking housekeepers what hospitality is all about. Sales Manager Ty was also pleasant and helpful, and Dave the GM gave good suggestions for lunch (i.e. Art and Soul).
Location was out of the way (from Downtown and Interstate) but, again, service made up for everything, as we knew it wasn't right on the highway even before we booked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The rooms were spacious with a convenient layout, and nicely decorated with many amenities, including a fully stocked kitchen. Just several years old, it still seems brand new. Compared to the last few places I have stayed in the past few months (La Costa, Grand Wailea, HIlton Hawaiian Village, Snowbird), the hotel was quite decent. This being the midwest, everyone was friendly. Even the employee out on her smoke break waved and said hello.

The indoor pool was clean and well maintained, although the water temperature was a bit cool for the younger kids. The hot tub was also not quite "hot" but decent with a temperature in the lower 90's.

I was impressed by the breakfast offerings included with the hotel stay. The scrambled eggs were just so-so, but the sausage patties were quite tasty. Along with the usual waffle maker, yogurt, cereals, bagels, muffins, and juices, it was more than adequate and saves on time and money.

I also liked the BBQ grill and fire pit near the pool. We sat around the fire pit in the evening and made s'mores.

The noise insulation was not great, however. While I could not hear the rooms to the side of us, I would hear footsteps and kids running around upstairs, and people talking if they were directly below us, or perhaps in the restroom. A wedding party playing basketball outside at 2 AM woke me up with the dribbling and bright lights and shouting. Car doors opening and closing in the parking lot, the garbage truck, etc. Then housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:30 the morning we were supposed to check out, even though we were all sound asleep and NOT checked out yet. Luckily the kids slept through it, but someone else came by yet again at 9:30 to see if they could clean our room. Yes, I should have put the privacy sign out the previous night, but I had forgotten and I figured they would not try to clean our room on the last day of our stay if we had not yet checked out.

The Paul Mitchell toiletries were nice, but I am pretty sure they were used by the previous guest and not replaced. The lotion was half empty and crusted on the inside of the top lid and the conditioner was also half empty. And last, I am being incredibly picky, but there was small crumpled wrapper that was not ours behind the curtains.

Overall, a decent stay for the price. I started my review with 4 stars, but found myself subtracting one as I thought about the negatives. As for location, I can't complain but it only takes 20 minutes to get almost anywhere in Lincoln anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This Residence Inn is a real gem. The customer service is outstanding and the rooms/suites are not only comfortable but kept very clean. We were in Lincoln for one of my grandchildren's graduations and there could not have been a better and more comfortable place to stay. We were there five days and wish it were longer. The staff went out of their way to see that everyone was well taken care of, we were several family members. The morning breakfasts were very good. The amenities are great, indoor pool, hot tub, work out room and laundry facility. Also a very nice area to grill an evening meal.
We are definitely planning another trip to Lincoln and know we will be staying here again. I want to commend every staff member who works there, no matter what we needed or inquired about,
we were treated with a smile and great customer service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Make no mistake, this place is about as good as it gets except if you're staying at some high priced hotel like the Waldorf or the Bellagio. (OK, a little exaggeration.) The basic rate, about $129/night is the same all all those properties on N. 27th in Lincoln, all of which seem to think that at that rate they are on Las Vegas Blvd. They're all overpriced for what you get. (I've stayed at two of the N. 27th properties.) But this place is worth every penny, except...it's built so far south. It isn't near anything. It's not, but it seems like it's half-way to Beatrice. (More exaggeration.) I'm not even sure that it's in the Lincoln city limits. it seems very new. It still seems very modern, and... it's impeccable. There's a lot of simulated mahogany wood everywhere in the rooms. Beautiful! And the continental breakfast is a step above even good free continental breakfasts. (I'm sure that some people will find something to criticize, however.) OK, so you can hear elephant feet stomping on the floor above you, and, if the kids in the next room starting yelling, you can hear them from the hallway. But, wall to wall, room to room, this place is very quiet. There are evening social events, if you are interested in that. And, people on the staff, like Chris, are friendly and quick to serve. (Chris even had a Tripadvisor card ready with his name on it.)(It worked, Chris.) I 100% recommend this place. I was in Lincoln for a funeral, and my family chose it because I have a grandchild with food allergies. This place has full kitchens for food preparation. But get yourself a map so you can find your way back into town. One warning note: If you need a room with an oven for food preparation, and not just a range with burners, ask at the desk when you check in. It's your responsibility to ask; not the staff's to know! The room my son, with the allergic child, had did not have an oven. The room another of my son's, without an allergic child, had did have an oven. ASK.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank oldhickory5
Dave W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and I agree with your comment about requesting a room with a full stove. We offer the twin cooktops in all of our suites but only a dozen come equipped with the the full oven. We can also provide toaster ovens if the rest of the suites are in use.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Best hotel I've ever stayed at hands down, their service was very helpful and nice. The rooms are clean and spacious. But I have to say the customer service is the reason I enjoyed my stay the most. They go above and beyond your expectations. The pricing is incredible for what you get. I will be recommending this hotel to everyone who is interested in staying in Lincoln.

• Stayed: April 2013