“General Manager is the coolest”

Residence Inn Lincoln South
Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Ty is the nicest general manager by far. I have stayed at many hotels and the gm usually just put their noses up im the air, thinking they are too good to help the guest! Thank you Ty for being good at excellent guest relations and not forgetting where you came from.

Room Tip: Definetly stop and say hi to TY.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Larry W

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is so nice and clean. The rooms are spacious and the staff is excellent!

I added that the restaurant excellent. There is no restaurant but the breakfast buffet is awesome. Freshly cooked.

Room Tip: The one bedroom king is great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
RI_Lincoln, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel so much, and I certainly agree that
our breakfast is excellent! On behalf of my team, we greatly appreciate your kind
words about our hotel, and we also thank you for helping us spread
the word about our services to our other travelers.
Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

We hope to see you again soon!

With warmest regards,

Dave Wheaton
Residence Inn Lincoln South

Reviewed March 24, 2012

New and beautiful with very friendly Midwest staff. Clean pool (not always in RI). The room was sparkly clean too. We loved the outside area - cozy and comfy!
Close from the Southpoint mall with a lot of great places to eat and shop. I would highly recommend two local restaurants - Lazlo's and Fireworks (about 10 minutes of driving from the hotel).
Now it is our favorite place to stay when we are in Lincoln.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is a new (under two years old) Residence Inn and features the more modern Marriott style. Each suite has an interior entrance instead of an exterior entrance. This was a very nice facility and the front desk staff were extremely friendly. One thing to note was that the suite did not have an oven as many Residence Inns do, but rather just a stove top and microwave for cooking options.

The only negative if you are just passing through is that this hotel is several miles (the way my GPS routed us it was around 9 miles) south of Interstate-80.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I have stayed at this property twice, in November 2011 and December 2011.

My first visit was in a studio style room. Good layout, clean. This style room had a 2-burner range and a Microwave, no fireplace. The housekeeper on this trip ran my used dishes through the dishwasher (I would not have run it mid-stay for one dish and a spoon, but it was nice to come back to the dishes being done). One issue was the deadbolt did not engage. Took 2 days to repair, I suspect because parts had to be ordered, but was otherwise attended to promptly.

My second stay was in a one-bedroom suite. Again good layout and clean. This room had a gas fireplace on a timer and a four-burner range and oven along with the microwave. Both rooms had a full refrigerator/freezer with ice maker. The housekeeper on this stay put dishes oin the dishwasher one day but not the other and did not run the dishwasher. Otherwise the room was cleaned.

The front desk was friendly, but as noted in another review, seemed a bit overworked. On my arrival for the second trip, the front desk person was not at the desk when I arrived. There was a sign that he was assisting another guest and would return shortly. He in fact returned within 3 minutes of my arrival. When I arrived in the room for the second trip there was a note from the Sales Manager expressing his concern for the lock issue on the first trip with a bottle of water and pack of M&M's, that was a nice touch.

Overall I think this property represents a good value. Compared to more conveniently located downtown properties, the nightly rate is comparable with more square footage and room amenities, and the parking is free. The trade off is a slightly longer commute.

The other drawback is that the property and the street it is on, is so new, that it is not in my GPS's database. There's a Walgreens across the street that is but this might not be known to a new visitor to the area.

There are also a variety of resturants in the area, but as mentioned in another review, a car would be necessary.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

Stayed here for three nights for a business trip in a one-bedroom. The rooms are modern and nice. The room was pretty clean but could have been improved (the dishes in the cupboards needed to be washed again before use) especially the housekeeping done during my stay (it was apparent they didn't vacuum during my stay, it looked like they left halfway through cleaning the bathroom, etc.). Having said that I didn't feel like dealing with it so I didn't notify the front desk. They probably would have done something if I had mentioned it but when you stay in so many hotels you get tired of dealing with this stuff! Free breakfast was decent - waffle maker, scrambled eggs, and a couple of different hot items, muffins, bagels, very limited fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal (although they had run out the second day I was there). Front desk staff was kind and helpful. Need a car if you stay there - unless you're ok with pizza delivery. The hotel was pretty empty while I was there but for some reason they booked people right next to each other even though they had plenty of open rooms. Would have been nice to have no one next door as the walls are pretty thin. All in all, I would definitely stay here again as my complaints are minor.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed here for a business trip recently. New property that is clean and conveniently located. Would recommend for long-term stay or for families. Our two bedroom suite had 2 full baths, living room, dining room table, and full kitchen. Couldn't use the amenities due to time but they did have an indoor pool, nice breakfast buffet and clean gym.