“Great fall nature walk”

Pioneer Park Nature Center
Ranked #10 of 70 things to do in Lincoln
More attraction details
Owner description: A 900-acre wildlife area that features hiking trails and other outdoor pleasures.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice leisure walking trail. Great way to spend a few hours on a fall afternoon. Although we did not encounter any wildlife on our walk the trees were beautiful in the fall.

1  Thank Jenni W

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This park is huge. We spent 2 hours there and did not even see half the park (of course, my 4 year old and 12 year old focused on different things at times). There are many pine trees there. As you deeply breathe, the smell of fall pines would hit you, especially in the morning time of the day. Just love it and can't find places like this in where we live or in big cities. It also has trails for tourists to hike. Although it is not the best state park we've ever visited, it is definitely one of the better ones.

3  Thank Jackie J
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I love going to the Pinewood Bowl performances. I didn't get to go to the one this last summer, but I went the couple summers before. And a few other times too!

Aside from that I like going to see the buffalo and I love nature!

1  Thank Emily O
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This huge park offers many great trails to explore and a variety of scenary. Enjoyed a good view of the bison herd. Visitors center has most cordail and helpful staff. It was a very warm day and it 's been quite dry so the breeze did stir up some dust. But, all in all a very nice visit and we'll return to explore more. And, it's free!

2  Thank topron
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been visiting this park since I was a little girl. It's a very peaceful park & a great place for a picnic & to watch the kids play!

1  Thank Aimee W