“Great rooms, great service”

The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We used this hotel to house guests to our daughter's wedding. We heard nothing but good things from our guests. The room prices were reasonable, the newly renovated rooms were great and the service was impeccable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Charles H, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding and thank you for choosing our hotel to accommodate your party. Come back again soon and thank you for taking the time to share your stay with our readers. All the best!!

There are newer reviews for The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have stayed her numerous times. My husband attends conferences here (company paying the bill). We were guests/family this weekend for a big wedding where the reception was held here.

I admit it was my mistake paying with my debit card. Of all the hotels and vacations we've had (Disney, the Atlantis, cruises, airline tickets, etc ) ....I use this same card and have never had an issue using it for travel expenses. The bill was under my door the morning of check out, gave our room keys at the front desk, said our thank you's and made the long drive home.

I always look over our account when I get home in case of a problem (I hear about others getting hacked while traveling) . They had charged me an extra $35. I immediately called (Sunday evening) and was told it was for incidentals. (Which we paid cash for) and it would come off in 3-5 days. Tuesday, I was then charged for the correct price of the room TWICE. One is a preauthorization (?! They already charged more than what my bill was once....) and the other was the actual charge. As of right now, I've been charged 3 TIMES for that room plus the extra $35.

Apparently, they are use to people cheating them. We loved the hotel and told everyone how great it was before the wedding. Guess I'd never seen the billing side of it before. Next time I'm in Lincoln, we'll stay down the street at the Comfort Suites where some of the rest of our family stayed or just pay CASH at check out and not give them access to my checking account.

The business side of your customer service is just as important as the stay itself. This needs work.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Charles H, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Since you contacted Marriott Customer Care relating to your issue and based on the information you provided us via email we contacted your bank and they will be calling you shortly. We also sent you an email as we could not contact you by phone. It looks like the extra charges you mentioned occurred on the banks end. We wanted to make sure we did not have a process issue on our end that caused the problem and apologize for the inconvenience. Prior to writing this the bank varified that your account is correct the the $34 authorization was released. Please give me a call if you would like to speak with me and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel was perfect for my business trip and I would most likely stay here for a leisure trip as well. The staff was attentive and extremely helpful. There were always apples and infused water in the lobby after a long day of meetings. Overall, I had a great experience and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Nicely restored hotel with lots of amenities (for a price). We checked in and were given a top floor room which wasn't cleaned yet. We dragged all our kids and luggage back downstairs and were given a different room which was much smaller than the first room. We asked if we could wait to check in to the other room but after waiting an hour settled for the smaller room. The a/c didn't work and we told the front desk at 5 when we left for a wedding. At 9 when we returned the room was still very warm. We called again and they sent a maintenance person in to fix (awkwardly -cause we were in the room) but it never cooled down. Needless to say we were happy to leave the next morning after sweating our way through the night. When we voiced concern as we checked out know one seemed to care. Also, don't plan on eating breakfast here. At $13.00 per person there are many good places to eat close by. A Starbucks is present which was the best part of our stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank N K
Charles H, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Let me start by apologizing for the issue with your room at check-in and the A/C issues with the second room. The issue you encountered with your room at check-in is very concerning to me and rarely happens. Typically social websites like Tripadvisor give us limited information and details for us to research and fix unless the guest provides it like room numbers, guest name, etc. However, since you called down for assistance with the A/C we will be able to obtain what rooms you were in to provide this feedback. The room that had the A/C issue has been resolved. The issue with your first room at check-in was due to an error by our housekeeping supervisor entering the wrong status of that room at time of your check-in. Again we are sorry that this occurred. We have met with that supervisor to make sure this does not happen again in the future. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us as we read all comments and try and fix issues like what you experienced and wanted to share with you what we have done to correct them. We hope we will have another opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

After a very messed up check-in process that took over an hour, overall our stay was wonderful. The rooms are clean and average hotel room sized.Beds/pillows are VERY comfortable. Staff offered free breakfast buffet for our check-in issues. The buffet was fabulous and our server both days was wonderful. We also ate/drank in the hotel pub several times and I highly recommend the fish tacos! Be prepared to pay for parking. There is free parking since it is downtown. You can do valet or there is a parking garage around the corner that maxes out at $9/day. The hotel also gave us free parking due to our problems which was greatly appreciated.
I highly recommend if you have business in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacie G

Not sure what the details were relating to your difficult check-in but I will apologize on behalf of the hotel. Wish I had more detail to research and find out what caused the problem, but I was pleased to read from the point forward you had a great stay with us. Relating to your parking fee comment, I wish we owned the parking garage but it is city owned and limits what we can and cannot do. I hope you will return soon. All the best!!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

WOW!!! What at AWESOME HOTEL! My husband and I both agree that the Cornhusker Marriott is the BEST hotel we have ever stayed at because
•The front desk personnel made us feel so welcome and were very helpful
•We ate dinner at the restaurant at the hotel and the food and service was second to none
•GREAT MATTRESS AND PILLOWS. BEST PILLOWS WE HAVE EVER USED. We have never been able to find a pillow as comfortable as those… to think we brought our pillows from home and we didn’t have to use them.
•The hotel was so quiet. We slept so soundly.
Bottom line… what at awesome experience!!! This is a first class hotel!!! You won't be sorry staying here!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sue W
Charles H, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

What a great review!! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the other readers. Thanks again and come back soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I came in this weekend to run the marathon. This was the host hotel and I like Marriotts. The hotel is well managed, friendly, has good rooms that are a little bigger than normal (and you can get a microwave and refrigerator), is quiet, and has all the facilities you would want. I especially liked the shuttle service that took you nearby at no charge and the friendly service from all staff. Thanks for the late check out after the marathon - much appreciated!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Not sure if you ran or not, but if so congrats!! I was very impressed with all the people that committed to running and finished. Heard it was a great event. Thanks for sharing your stay with us and we were pleased to hear you liked the hotel. We anticipating hosting it again next year and hope you plan on returning. All the best!!