“Great facility that cries out for a refresh”

The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a handsome facility that was obviously once a very fine hotel that suffers from some neglect. However, with a very recent change in ownership there is a bright future for the Cornhusker Marriott. Already new flat screens and beds have been installed and a total redo is in the works. With it's great history and exceptional bones, I believe that within a year or so this will once again be a fine hotel. Already the service is extremely professional and the staff is eager to please. One caution, the bar closes at 2:00 AM and unless you have a room at the very end of the hall you are likely to be awakened by late night celebrations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

We appreciate the feedback as we review all guest comments through various distribution channels like Tripadvisor. I was pleased that you had a good overall stay with us and can tell you it will only get better as we continue to implement Marriott's full standards based on the recent acquisition by Marcus Hotels and Resorts back in October. In 2013 we will be adding a new restaurant, renovating the old restaurant, replacing the Five Reasons Lounge with the Marriott Great Room concept and we will be doing a guestroom, lobby, fittness center and meeting space renovation. Our goal is to do this work with as little impact on the guest as possible, but it will be exciting once completed with the goal to make The Cornhusker Marriott Hotel the best hotel for service and accommodations in Nebraska as it has been known for since 1926.. Thanks again for sharing

There are newer reviews for The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Worst hotel I stayed in since a long long time. Not sure where to begin. I stayed for two nights and did not get any sleep. Too much noise on the floor, young kids totally wasted sitting outside of their rooms yelling at each other. I tried to call the front desk at 3 am to complain but nobody really cared for two nights in a row. I was told that the airport shuttle would leave at 4:30 in the morning so I rushed down to the lobby only to find out that the shuttle does not leave until 5. Oh, well it was not possible to sleep anyway.

Needless to say that this was my first and last time that I am staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us. We value our guest feedback and this feedback is critical to us to improve our services to our guests. I do apologize for the noise you experienced from some kids staying on that floor and that your call at 3 am did not get the response you were hoping for. We have discussed your situation with the night auditor that was on to make sure going forward we handle issues like this quickly. Our shuttle does leave at 4:30 am as you were originally told and again I am sorry if you were told differently when you came down for the shuttle. At a minimum we should have offered you transportation. We have discussed this situation with the auditor as well. Thanks again and I do hope you will give us a try again in the future as we continue to transition the hotel after the acquisition by Marcus Hotels and Resorts back in October

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here one night while in town for business, which also happened to be the week before the Nebraska-Minnesota football game. The lobby is so classy looking. I loved the Big Ten flags displayed there too. Lincoln is such a college town and everyone loves their Huskers. As a Minnesota Gopher alum and fan, it didn't feel out of place to be here though, because Nebraskans are SO NICE! Everyone I encountered was helpful and welcoming. The rooms were great! Very well kept! The only thing I noticed was that the way the windows stick out, makes it very easy to see in other rooms if the curtains are not closed, especially if you are on a higher level.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and yes everyone here in Lincoln is very friendly. I also noticed it when I moved here with Marcus Hotels and Resorts. The windows acutally have been a hit with our guests as you can actually look left and right to see more of Lincoln, but you are correct you do can see inside the other room but only the part that sticks out so it really is not obtrusive, but point well taken. We look forward to having you stay with us again and with the upcoming renovations you will continue to see constant improvements going forward. All the best!!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The property is now officially a Marriott property and since this is a top tier property you expect top tier service. The hotel is beautiful, fantastic location..walking distance to absolutely everything...including the parking garage. Not the most convenient garage, but the prices are reasonable. Stayed here for one night last weekend, we had a group of about 12 staying here. I got a great rate off the marriott website...had to be an introductory rate. We ate and had drinks in the bar on the second level. No beer on tap the night we were there...they need to upgrade this. The server was very friendly and handled the business well. The prices were average, the hot wings we ordered were very good...much better than average. The room was exactly what i would expect...VERY nice...everything functioned well...it was very clean, comfortable...great bed and pillows..Excellent. Here is my only beef...the restaurant for breakfast was out of sorts. The staff kept disappearing, I actually got up and got my own soft drink..service was very erratic. The Omlette station cook was very good..he was apparantly a trainee, but he was great. The oatmeal (my standyby) was awful...holy cow..whoever cooked it must have no idea what its supposed to be..BUT the granola and nuts and fruit for it were well balanced. The bacon was fantastic...Like I said..it was erratic, but they appeared to be trying to install a new crew and get things running. I will absolutely stay here again, I am confident they will get all this sorted out.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Texas_Phil
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was and was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us. Still working through some of the changes with the re-branding, but I am pleased with our progress as we have a very good team here at The Cornhusker Hotel. I sat down with out Chef to review your oatmeal comments and we will take a look at the process and quality of the oatmeal over the next few days andwe will make any necessary adjustments necessary. We value the feedback our guests provide. Thanks again and hope you come back soon.