“Quilting Excellence.”

International Quilt Study Center and Museum
Ranked #9 of 73 things to do in Lincoln
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Easy access. It was a self guided tour for my wife and I. The quilts on display were amazing. Not that big, but still very nice.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've wanted to visit this museum for years. Over 4000 quilts in their collection; sounds overwhelming but they have only a few on exhibit at any one time. I was lucky enough to see the exhibit of log cabin quilts, and a very interesting exhibit of whole cloth quilts. I also enjoyed the informational exhibit about how quilts can deteriorate and how to conserve your own quilts. A beautiful building. And a bonus: go for the homemade ice cream at the U of Nebraska Creamery, located nearby.

1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This museum is well worth a visit. I enjoyed the well displayed quilts and the information with each one. The building itself is also very interesting. I hope to visit again.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

An outstanding quilt museum. Excellent exhibit and docent. I wish they were able to display more pieces at one time.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife was looking forward to visiting this museum. We didn't arrive until 3:15 on a Saturday afternoon and were concerned that we would be able to see everything by the 4:00 closing. "No problem," said the receptionist. "You will be able to finish it." So we paid the $6 per person admission and entered the main galleries up the staircase. The main galleries consisted of three large rooms. The quilts on display were very nice. After about 20 minutes, we left to see the rest of the museum. And that was about it! We even stopped by the reception desk to make sure we hadn't overlooked something. But we had seen it all in only 20 minutes! The gift shop was extremely small. My wife said on the way out, "That was sure a bust."

3  Thank countryeditor