“Good location, bad food”

The Engine House Cafe
Ranked #23 of 683 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My friend and I had seen many reviews on tripadvisor and finally got a chance to go. Long story short, we will not be going back. I ordered a hamburger medium that was cooked so well done it tastes closer to a boot. My friend had an open faced hot beef sandwich that half of it was cold. The service was also terrible. More than once I had to ask for a refill, and out server seemed too busy to talk with the other waitresses to help us. I can't recommend going here

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I love going to the Engine House. I haven't been there for lunch, but do go over month or two for breakfast and it is always fantastic. The eggs benedict are one of my favorites, but I haven't had a bad meal there in my many visits. The only negative is that if you go with a party of 5 or more it can be a bit of a challenge to get a seat if you don't get there early on the weekends. It is definitely worth the wait, but it would be awesome if they could find a way to expand without losing the current atmosphere.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Friendly, fast, and frequented - by locals, regulars, and others. Good, solid breakfast food. Nice-sized portions and well prepared. A classic diner for breakfast and other meals of your day. Try it.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had a good steak there. fixed to order, just right. they have a good atmosphere too. the service was good, too. I will have to get over there more often.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a little off the beaten path, but definetly worth going to the community for a visit. Food was good with large portions and very well priced. It is small and cramped so don't plan on going during the prime meal times. Decor is neat seeing old firehouse pictures. Staff was very friendly.