“Good steak , clueless service”
Review of The Steak House - CLOSED

The Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good steak , clueless service”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

O.K. rustic décor and ambiance. I was having a business dinner with an important customer and wanted a relaxed, leisurely atmosphere so we could talk at length. Although friendly the server hounded us for our order so we gave in and hurried with our selections. The wine list had no prices and when I asked the response was, Oh nothing is more than 30 something dollars, - really ? . I had finished before my guest and suddenly my plate was gone , no , may I take this for you to which I would have replied that it can wait until my guest has finished. More hounding for a dessert but we just wanted to finish talking and drink our wine. Slap, the bill was on the table. This restaurant has no idea how to give their patrons an enjoyable dining experience which is a shame since the steak was very good. There were plenty of empty tables so table turning was not even an issue.

• Visited June 2013

Maplewood, Minnesota
“It makes me weep!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I cannot tell a lie. I didn't go here on this trip to Lincoln. Thus, the title of my review. However, I have been here before, and that should make me qualified to write a review, especially since I wasn't writing Tripadvisor reviews when I went here before. This is flat out the best steak place that I have ever been to. (Hyperbole, or the truth? TRUTH!) Hey, you're in Nebraska. You've got to have some beef! You've got to have something delicious that used to Mooooo. Skip every other steak place in Lincoln. Skip every other steak place in Nebraska except Johnny's in Omaha. The Steak House in Lincoln is THE place to go!! OK, I'll go here the next time I'm in Lincoln. I swear! Mooooo.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank oldhickory5
North Sioux City, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what I wanted”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was familar with the place since I ate there with my family about 20 years ago. so I read the recent reviews and was a little concerned. But I went anyway, while the atmosphere is great for an avid hunter I can see the need for a little updating in regards to the animals that may turn some people off. I thought the service was warm, it was under new management and I think they are still getting things worked out but the food was excellent, the Burger my daughter got was awesome, I had the sirloin and it was very good small for a big eater but perfect for me. the prices were not out of line for this type of food and environment. I would recommend people give them a try. There is always whinners out there that would not eat at home without complaining so give it a try.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lance P
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Best steak”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Best steaks in town! Always order the same...king filet...melts in your mouth!!! Great service too!!!!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank cstrain
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Steaks and Fish”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

On our first visit we were there with friends who are regulars at The Steakhouse. I had a steak and the wife had salmon and we were both very happy with our choices. The service was excellent, the steak was cooked to order perfectly, but the big surprise was the fish. It was great! And great fish was unexpected from a steak house in the middle of the continent. It appears that the chef prides himself in having great seafood as well as steak and right as we finished he came out and asked specifically about the fish. Finally, on a Friday night right at dinner time there was no wait for a table for four. When we're in Lincoln we'll be back.

• Visited January 2013