“Great lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great lunch”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch at Misty's. Both meals were very good. She had the Husker burger and I had the prime rib melt. The burger was very tasty and came with a very nice bun. She subbed a salad and it was large and very good. The prime rib was very tender and came on sourdough bread. The fries and sandwich were very good. Service was very good as are the surroundings. Prices were definitely on the high side ($12 or 13 for a sandwich). I would recommend it for a very nice lunch, but it might be a little expensive for a casual lunch.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST of the best!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

If you want an awesome, mouth-watering steak that melts in your mouth...this is definitely the place to go! My mouth starts to water just thinking about their food. You are greeted by the aroma as you walk in the doors, then take in the atmosphere. A Husker fan can take in the memories lining the walls and a great bar area so you don't have to miss a game. I love that you can make reservations (there aren't many places left that you can still make reservations) and dress is casual, which is definitely a win. For special occasions and/or when family is in town and we want to take them out for a wonderful dinner in an equally great atmosphere, this is where we go. I'd be lost without this particular Misty's location, as they have the best steaks and atmosphere you could ask for and are always treated with kindness.

• Visited February 2014
“One of the best!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Locally brewed beer, pork, beef...what more do you want! Regularly eat there since we live close. Servings are generous and often mean a second meal at home? Prime rib is the special but also try the pork ribs and the Reuben. Reuben's originated in a Nebraska, I hear. Take out works best for us but a week ago when I called they said they were too busy for takeout! A little weird since we pick up so we are off the restaurant for a month or so!

• Visited February 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska
“A Storied Lincoln Institution Brought Low”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Misty's in Havelock was the place to go in the heyday of the Bob Devaney era. Its walls were adorned with artifacts of the glory years of Nebraska football, and it was peopled with the legends of the game played in Lincoln,who would gather to swap stories and entertain hated and loved rivals like Barry Switzer. Alas, the venerable institution suffered a disastrous fire a couple of decades ago, and things have never been the same, at least not in the outpost locations Misty's opened in downtown and south Lincoln. A recent visit to the south location underscored this sad fact. Once the place to go for prime rib in a state that knows from prime rib, Misty's now serves a gristly apparition of the magnificent slabs of yesteryear, challenging of texture and unfit for the tables that once proffered up the best that Nebraska cattlemen had to offer; indeed, unfit for any table. Limp vegetables, once excusable next to the wonder that was the main attraction, lay on the plate like the mush. Canned mushrooms, an abomination served with good meat, improved the thing I was served, and the tired potato could not muster the energy to melt a glop of margarine. Margarine! This sorry conglomeration cost what real food would have, and by the end of the "meal'" most all of it remained where it was plopped at the beginning. Rarely do I eat and find nothing of redeeming quality to munch on. Rarely do I trash the sincere efforts of those who labor in an often thankless business. It makes me feel bad to say bad things, but I cannot lie. I won't go back unless I get a credible report that food is again being served at Misty's.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Bill M
“Good food.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I went to Misty's on Christmas Eve. The food was great. The service was good. My only complaint is that every time I make a reservation, they place my family right by the door. Small space and you can feel the draft every time the door opens and closes.

• Visited December 2013