“One of the best!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“One of the best!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Locally brewed beer, pork, beef...what more do you want! Regularly eat there since we live close. Servings are generous and often mean a second meal at home? Prime rib is the special but also try the pork ribs and the Reuben. Reuben's originated in a Nebraska, I hear. Take out works best for us but a week ago when I called they said they were too busy for takeout! A little weird since we pick up so we are off the restaurant for a month or so!

• Visited February 2014

Lincoln, Nebraska
“A Storied Lincoln Institution Brought Low”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Misty's in Havelock was the place to go in the heyday of the Bob Devaney era. Its walls were adorned with artifacts of the glory years of Nebraska football, and it was peopled with the legends of the game played in Lincoln,who would gather to swap stories and entertain hated and loved rivals like Barry Switzer. Alas, the venerable institution suffered a disastrous fire a couple of decades ago, and things have never been the same, at least not in the outpost locations Misty's opened in downtown and south Lincoln. A recent visit to the south location underscored this sad fact. Once the place to go for prime rib in a state that knows from prime rib, Misty's now serves a gristly apparition of the magnificent slabs of yesteryear, challenging of texture and unfit for the tables that once proffered up the best that Nebraska cattlemen had to offer; indeed, unfit for any table. Limp vegetables, once excusable next to the wonder that was the main attraction, lay on the plate like the mush. Canned mushrooms, an abomination served with good meat, improved the thing I was served, and the tired potato could not muster the energy to melt a glop of margarine. Margarine! This sorry conglomeration cost what real food would have, and by the end of the "meal'" most all of it remained where it was plopped at the beginning. Rarely do I eat and find nothing of redeeming quality to munch on. Rarely do I trash the sincere efforts of those who labor in an often thankless business. It makes me feel bad to say bad things, but I cannot lie. I won't go back unless I get a credible report that food is again being served at Misty's.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Bill M
“Good food.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I went to Misty's on Christmas Eve. The food was great. The service was good. My only complaint is that every time I make a reservation, they place my family right by the door. Small space and you can feel the draft every time the door opens and closes.

• Visited December 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“A Restaurant with Character”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have dined many times at Misty's two other Lincoln locations, but it was the first time dining at this one. This is the original Misty's. It is a throwback to the steakhouses of old: dimly lit, dark wood, circular booths. We dined early, arriving at 4:30 on a Saturday. By the time we left at 6, it was very crowded and the parking lot was full. There is a good reason for that. Service was fantastic. Food was delicious and cooked to our exact specifications: i.e. the medium rare requests were medium rare and the well done requests were well done. We absolutely loved this place. I think this has become our new Misty's of choice.

• Visited January 2014
Shakespeare, Canada
“great night with colleagues”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

went for business dinner. everything from the beer to the steak was fantastic...highly recommended and look forward to going back

• Visited January 2014