“Could be better” 3 of 5 bubbles

Misty's Steakhouse & Lounge
Ranked #95 of 653 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ligonier PA
“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The chicken bruschetta was pretty good, but the loaded baked potato was difficult to eat b/c the cheddar was so cloyed. Service was OK, not great. Ordered a higher-end wine to be safe, a wine I have had many, many times, and my glass was clearly from a bottle that had been opened days before. I mentioned this, asked for another, and was charged for two. OK, no biggie; I can just mention it in the review. Atmosphere is very nice and the beer selection looked good.

• Visited June 2013

Lawrence, Kansas
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

When I travel, I love to seek out the "anti-Applebee's" establishments. Older part of town, local hangout, rambling interior layout, not too well lit, great food and bar. This fit the bill on all counts. The prime rib was recommended, but I wasn't in the mood for a huge meal, so instead opted for the lobster mac and cheese. While tasty, but next time I'll definitely go for the prime rib. Nice selection of beer taps, from the standard Bud Light styles to some great microbrews. I especially enjoyed the Belgian IPA, not something you find on tap just anywhere.
Nothing special about the wait staff, but hey, I wasn't in the mood for Applebee's-style fake perkiness, was I?

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ed-dest
Dublin, Texas
“Nothing has changed.. and that is a good thing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

While back in Lincoln we were invited to go to Misty's. I requested to go to the Havelock location as I always loved the atmosphere. I was so happy to see nothing had changed. My husband had never been there and enjoyed it also. He said it was one of the top steaks he has had. I'm not a steak eater but the chicken option was just as yummy! It is always fun to stop on the way out and look at the football helmets in the lobby. We ended the evening with a walk down Havelock Avenue to Arnolds bar to play a some shuffleboard. A great night in Havelock!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank mcook59
minneapolis
“worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went to college in Lincoln and evry time we are even close, we stop to eat. We were actually about 50 miles away and decided to drive down just because it is so good. In the forty years I hae been going there whenever possible, I have not had an even marginally unacceptable time. The food is great, and not just the fabulous prime rib but the sides also. Drinks are great. it is just plan as good as I can imagine steak to be.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank del l
Lincoln, Nebraska
“A must stop in Lincoln, best prime rib I have ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Misty's Lounge and steak house has a big reputation for the finest prime rib and steaks around.
Over the years it has become a must stop for people like ABC football broadcaster Keith Jackson, and Football coach Barry Switzer just to name a couple. Being in the heart of beef country it takes a lot to stand out, and though the restaraunt has now grown to three locations and changed owners over the years, the taste and quality of their prime rib and steaks is second to none. I travel a lot and have not had another prime rib that tastes as good.

There is a lot on their menu to love, I really like their french onion soup, and my father loves their steak salad. Misty's is a great lunch stop for business or for leisure, French dip made from the prime rib is delicious and you won't find better hamburgers, the Misty charburger is a favorite.

From the football shaped bar in the original Havelock location, to the brewery in the there downtown location, or stylish new south lincoln location, the lounges at Misty's are always fun places to meet friends or catch a game. Quality cocktails and very friendly bar staff will serve you a good time, The Misty's bloody mary is a gameday tradition, and the Modern Monks micro brews
that are brewed in the downtown location are very good.

Coming thru Lincoln, make a point to visit Misty's and become one of the many who include it in their must stops in Lincoln.

I have grown up eating at Misty's and when ever friends or family visit town, they want to include a stop at Misty's while they are here. Few restaurants maintain that kid of passioned following for over 40 years.

• Visited February 2013