“Newly renovated? Really?”

Comfort Inn Lexington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 16, 2011

First of all, ick. One of the bottom 10 worst hotels we've stayed in. The hotel is dumpy, smells (most of Lexington smells because of the meat processing plant), and while there is nothing really wrong with it, there's nothing right either. My husband and son and I stayed there last night for the swim meet. When we checked in, the woman looked at me accusingly and said "it says 3 adults". My printed reservation copy said 2 adults and one child. Anyway, she used that to give us the room she had left instead of the one we'd reserved. The tiny pool room was hotter than outside, and it was 97 outside.

Room Tip: stay at the holiday inn and suites
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Lexington

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I was traveling for work and decided to stay at the comfort inn due to the location. The staff was friendly and quick at there work. They did inform me after I had already checked in that the internet was down. They had a very large discount for having a cdl. The room was clean but smelled like cat urine and the beds were worn out. For the advertised price I would not stay there again, but with the cdl discount it was acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I have to travel quite frequently along I-80 for business and this was my first time at this Comfort Inn. It's really a nice and clean hotel. Looks like they renovated it recently. The beds were really fantastic and I slept very well. The check in was fast, the front desk was very efficient and I was thankful for a nicely stocked breakfast with biscuits and gravy in the morning. One of the better breakfasts I've had at a Comfort Inn.

Keep up the great work. I will stay again then next time I pass through the area. I never forget a "good" hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Ellies_Mama
Reviewed December 25, 2009

We made a reservation at the hotel around 6pm due to a blizzard and I-80 becoming dangerous. We discovered we were closer to another hotel so we called to cancel but were told we would still be charged the stay because their cancellation policy was 4pm even though we made the reservation after 4pm... it was Christmas, there was blizzard with 30+mph winds, semis in the ditch, and the hotel attendant was very rude and condescending about the entire situation. She told me my choice was either to be charged the $90 or stay with them... regardless of the weather. I was not happy she wanted us to risk our lives and refused to take the charge off.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dancing_kris10
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stopped here during our cross country road-trip for one night. We checked in around 10pm and were greeted by a very friendly hostess. She gave us a good rate even though we did not have our AAA card with us. The rooms were like new, very comfortable, and very clean. The AC worked well and the TV, though small, did the job. We had a pleasant nights sleep and a good shower in the morning. They also included a complimentary breakfast... not just toast and cereal mind you, but eggs, waffles, coffee, juices, and fruit.... it was a nice treat. The property has a very small indoor pool, but we never used it as we just stayed one night.
Overall a great place for a relaxing and safe night in a middle of nowhere location. Parking lot was very safe and well lit. Much better than nearby competitors.
Best place in Lexington Nebraska by far!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amchuu
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Beds were a little hard and hall was noisy but other wise ok. Did have microwave and refridgerator. Not too much to do in town. Barmore's Pharmacy was a neat shop.
The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping to find things to do and places to eat. Don't miss Mac's Creek Winery and Dave's Steakhouse for dinner. The best chicken fried chicken ever and everything was homeade. They had a very good continental breakfast with biscuits and gravy and waffles plus all other things normally on continental breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The good: very close to I-80. Was fairly quiet the night of our stay. Clean. Fast and easy to conect to wireless.

The not as good: Odd room layout with both interior and exterior entry. Not as many choies at breakfast as you'd find at a Holiday Inn Express. No fitness center. Awkward to run near here, although if you don't mind gravel roads there is easy access to those.

I don't regret our stay, but I'm glad we only stayed one night. I would recommend eating dinner in nearby Kearny... Whiskey Creek restaurant was very good.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington
#5 of 5 in Lexington
Rodeway Inn Cozad
Rodeway Inn Cozad
#1 of 2 in Cozad

Been to Comfort Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!