“Good value for price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Cleaner than some motels I've stayed that cost twice as much. A little static on some TV channels. Very friendly man at front desk. Good value for price. No coffee pot or hair dryer in room. Asked at desk and they provided them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 29, 2013

After a long day of traveling we pulled into Lexington Nebraska on June 27th, 2013. We called a couple of hotels listed on our GPS to get rates. We then seen an Econo Lodge that was not listed so I went inside to get a rate. Having just stayed at an Econo Lodge in Rapid City, SD a couple of night prior, we did not think it would be bad, so we stayed. When we got to our room, I immediately wanted to leave, but the others in my party told me it was just for one night! The WORST night of my life! I did take pictures, see below. The lock to the outside doors in the hallway were also broke. The downstairs door was open, so anyone could get in. My parents stayed upstairs and theres was broke so no one could get out. There was cobwebs with spiders in the corners, bugs on the shower head, the tub was soooo gross I did not even want to shower the next morning ( I had to put a towel in the bottom of the tub). No relaxing bath, as the drain was broke. The smoke alarm was missing and they painted over it. The TV was all static. And the smell...YUCK!! I went and got blankets from the vehicle and slept on top of the bed with my own pillow as I was not sure what was living in the bed, there was stains on the sheets and pillow cases! Breakfast in the morning, I would not touch as it looks like it had been sitting out since about midnight. The milk for the cereal was warm. When I went to check out, I was going to complain and there was no one there! No one to refill the breakfast nook, no one!! On the website they list that this is a newly remodeled facility, maybe in 1973, but not today. Also it list that there is a coffee maker, hairdryer ect in the rooms, this is not true. Not sure how they can still be in business. This place makes a BAD name for Econo Lodge!! I would have rather slept in the vehicle!! Worst hotel I have stayed at in my life!! Just keep driving!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GoGreenBayPackers
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It makes me wonder after reading the other reviews if we were at the same place. But looking at the pictures it was. About the only thing I could agree with was there was nobody at the front desk checking out. They had a bell plus a telephone, so no big deal Place looked as clean as any other with comparitable prices. Very quiet, good parking, across the street from several chain restaurants. All in all good place for the very cheap price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jon64506
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our feet stuck to the carpet, bathroom door had a hole punched in it, broken toilet seat, no toilet paper, no tv reception. Sleep in your car!!! Complained at check out and the man who could speak English at check in but not 5 hours later at check out!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We arrived at around 10:00 at night after driving all day. I walked in and asked if she had any rooms available. She said they did and I provided her with a coupon that I had picked up at a rest area. She told me that they didn't honor those. When I pointed out that it had their address and didn't expire for another month, she grumbled something under her breath and said she would take it but only had one room available and it was a smoking room. I told her that wouldn't work due to a smoke allergy. She finally agreed to give me a non-smoking room but for $15 extra. I said I would take my business elsewhere and left. It was the worst customer service experience ever!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HeatherS2006
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stopped in Lexington after driving for almost 14 hours and it was 2am in the morning. All the hotels were full for some reason, so we stopped at the First Interstate. Paid $65 dollar for a $10 dollar room. Kinky black hair in the sheets and all over the bathroom floor and toilet. Blood stains on the side of the matteress and box spring. Dirty floor, walls, and there were bugs that had about 50 legs crawling around on the floor and walls. I sat in a chair all night while my other half slept for 4 hours. We didnt even shower in the morning! Nausiating, disgusting, condemable premesis! We showed them one of the bugs and they and spoke of how gross it was, but they would not refund any of our payment. Reporting this hotel to the local health officials and trying to track down their corporate office. DONT ...NO MATTER WHAT ...STAY HERE....YOUR BETTER OFF SLEEPING IN YOUR CAR!!!! OR UNDER A TREE!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Ontheroadagain085
Reviewed July 22, 2009

DO NOT STAY at this place. We found bed bugs in the bed with us the next morning. They had obviously just fed on us!!! Blood all over. YUK!!!! They was filth everywhere. We travel alot and this was absolutely the worst place to stay!!! There was NO where else to stay in a 20 mile radius, we tried!!! They will not refund your money either. We had planned to stay in our car. Wish we had. DO NOT STAY at this place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple