“24 hour pool and hot tub!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The room was clean and spacious, even though the bed was a bit hard for me. The 24 hour pool and hot tub was a definite plus, since we got in late and my children had some energy to release! The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I have had in awhile with lots of options. My kids loved the pancakes which was a nice change from waffles. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through!

• Stayed: July 2014
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our Lexington, Nebraska Holiday Inn Express. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you expcially enjoyed our 24 hour pool. We find that many families enjoy our pool later in the evening to allow their children to use their stored up energy from sitting in the car. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the pancakes for breakfast. They are exclusive to Holiday Inn Expres. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hotel was full. That is why I make reservations ahead of time. It was easy to get to from the Interstate. A nice young man checked us in, I think his name is Dillon. The hallways had good lighting. We had a 3rd floor room away from the elevators, with a king bed. We didn’t hear our neighbors at all. There was a large tile entry way to our room. It looked like it was recently renovated. Free WiFi that worked. Leather type chair with an ottoman, which was nice. There were night stands on each side of the bed with plug in’s. The bed was comfortable – the bed linens were nice & there were 4 large pillows. The recently painted walls had pleasing colors. There was a microwave and frig. I wish they would have had the frig running. It was unplugged from the wall that was behind the entertainment center & it was very hard to get to. The housekeeping staff should have noticed that. The TV was new & had plenty of channels. The shower was nice, it seemed like soft water. The free breakfast included – boiled eggs, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, & yogurt. In addition there were bananas, oranges and apples. I always appreciate having fruit. What I really liked was that they did not have FOX News on in the breakfast area. Good hotels will have local news, weather channel or a sports channel on instead. .

When in the area, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank limey52

Thank you for taking your valuable time to reflect on your stay at our Lexington Nebraska Holiday Inn Expres. We appreciate all feed back to help us know in what ways we are impacting our guests. Thank you for commenting on Dillon as he is kind and professional. I will pass your comments on to him. Our management and staff are happy to know we met or exceeded your needs during your stay with us. (I apologize that your refrigerator was unplugged, that should have been caught upon inspection of your room). You are correct that we do have SOFT WATER in our hotel. We like our guests to feel at home. Thank you for staying with us and in the future if you are traveling through this area we hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here on our drive out to Jackson Hole. We were surprised to see that many hotels along this route were pricing upwards of $160/night. This property was affordable and absolutely got the job done. Pros:
---friendly service
---very clean
---updated decor
---free wi-fi
---nice LG flat screen tvs
---nice breakfast area (we did not eat there tho)
---comfortable pillows
---water pressure fine in shower
---takes pets
---24-hour pool and hot tub (clean too)
---no weird smells

Cons:
---hard mattresses
---thin walls

Random: there is also a sign upon entry that says to not leave your pet unattended. Apparently pets roam the hallways often without supervision. We didn't see this though!

All in all - for those needing a place to lay their head while traveling, we thought this was a fantastic option.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UrbanMusings
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear UrbanMusings,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to write a review. I am very glad that most aspects of our hotel were able to meet your expectations especially the service and breakfast we have provided. Forgive us for the shortfalls. I would like to assure you that your comments regarding our mattresses and walls were taken into serious account. We will use these in considering upgrades so we can provide you with a more comfortable stay in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying and we look forward to the chance of welcoming you back.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at the Lexington HIE for one night at the end of March and as usual, had a terrific stay! Check-in was quick and efficient! The room that was assigned to me was fantastic! Fresh linens, fresh towels, etc. The Manager's Reception is a added touch and was very much enjoyed! The breakfast bar included a variety of items!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on our Lexington, NE Holiday Inn Express. We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope you see you again in the future when you are traveling through the Lexington, NE area.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. We felt the walls were a little thin as we could hear pretty much what was going on in the halls and the footsteps above us as well as the next room. Our bed was very hard. At one point I even checked to see if we were sleeping on a box spring without the mattress.
Overall though, we were impressed with the staff, the cleanliness and the breakfast room.

Room Tip: Check the beds for hardness
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our Lexington NE Holiday Inn Express. I apologize that your nights sleep was less than wonderful and that you could hear guests around you. Our goal is to have every guest have an excellent experience while at our hotel. I am happy that you felt the staff was friendly, the hotel was clean, and the breakfast room was nice. We hope you choose us again on your next stay through central Nebraska. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stay at this location a few times a year whenever my travels take me across Nebraska along I-80. There's a lot of reasons I always keep going back whenever I can!

While this hotel may be a little more expensive than most others nearby, you get more of what you pay for in terms of an immaculately clean and well-appointed room with a microwave and refrigerator, a friendly and helpful staff, and an evening Managers Reception that offers free beer, wine, and snacks. The breakfast offerings are the usually decent standard offerings at Holiday Inn Express, including the pancake machine found at other locations.

The indoor heated pool and hot tub is nice too but I noticed during a recent visit that the floor of the hot tub looks like it may need to be resurfaced soon. It's still a great place to relax at the end of a long, hard day of work!

I always look forward to staying here and as a long haul trucker, I really like the large, truck-friendly parking lot too!

Room Tip: Eat a meal somewhere prior to arriving to the hotel or be ready to order a pizza as it is not within...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TXAgitator
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your response regarding Lexington's Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate all feedback as it lets us know how we are doing in our efforts to deliver an excellent experience to all of our guests. As of today our pool and hot tub are out of service for the next couple of weeks to have them repaired and repainted. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

They except Pets. They are kid friendly. The Manager went above and beyond letting us stay in room late as we had car problems. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The breakfast was excellent. They had a pancake machine. Breakfast area was nice. The pool and hot tub area was very nice.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Comfort Inn Lexington
#5 of 5 in Lexington
Rodeway Inn Cozad
Rodeway Inn Cozad
#1 of 2 in Cozad

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!