Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Kansas
“Best Hotel Stay Ever!!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

My family and I traveled to Omaha for a weekend getaway to visit the zoo. This Embassy Suites was absolutely the best part of our trip. EVERYBODY who worked for the hotel was so gracious and kind. I was so impressed how the employees would say "hi" to my kids and even joke around with them as we'd pass by on our way to the room, etc. The breakfast was incredible and the evening reception was very nice as well. After our trip, my husband and I agreed that we could have easily spent one more day at the hotel just hanging out. We are definitely coming back to the Embassy Suites next year when we take our annual trip to the zoo.

P.S. The new Runza restaurant just down the street from the hotel was also a nice surprise.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Nebraska
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We stayed at the Embassy Suites "Convention Center" during a family visit to Omaha. The hotel was packed to the walls with people and the staff was ill prepared to handle this size of crowd. There are three main elevators in the lobby, none elsewhere, that service the entire hotel. Unfortunately, only one elevator worked most of our two and a half day stay. Considerable wait for either up or down and the stairs were much less crowded; though not an easy task with luggage. We will likely not stay at this hotel again and like other Hilton properties, there is diminishing value at staying with Hilton. The rooms are becoming overpriced and the service is marginal; at best. We are Hilton Gold Members but have not been satsified with many of the stays we've had in the last two years; including Hilton Garden Inn Billings (billed twice & took forever to starighten out), Doubletree (outdated for Scottsdale area), Hilton Desoto (felt like staying in the oldest building in Savanah). If you're staying at this hotel, be prepared for anything.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RtravelerNeb
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I went with my husband on a business trip this past week for two nights- it was very enjoyable- beautiful furnishings, a flat screen in living and bedroom areas, gorgeous lobby. The breakfast was great; the made-to-order omelettes were the best! One of the most noticable " bests " was the wonderful coffee in the in-room coffeemaker, which is usually awful and not worth the trouble. The bed was comfy with loads of pillows, although I brought my own. I didn't try the Nines- the restaurant, but the coffee shop was great- served Starbucks, had a biscotti, and the young man there was very nice. Only two things- there was one Kleenex left in the bathroom tissue box, and I could never get our refridgerator to work, but not a biggie. I wish there was more to near the hotel- there was a Cabela's right across the street- but it is probably a newly developing area. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Newport News, VA
Reviewed September 21, 2009

My fiance and I split a suite with my folks while we attended a family wedding in the area. Most of the guests were staying across the street at the Hampton Inn, but I scoped out the ES since we could more comforably fit four of us into one room, and it was of course cheaper than booking two rooms at the Hampton.

This ES was quite new when we visited and accordingly it was spotless. Our first night there we ate in the hotel restaurant and the portions were huge! Not to mention the presentation of each dish was well beyond my expectations for a hotel meal. We ordered off of the lunch menu I believe as we weren't really up for a big fancy dinner, but we were still quite impressed.

The room was great as well. My fiance and I had the pullout sofa in the living area while my folks took the bedroom. Both beds were very comforable. Both rooms also had a 42" (guess) flatscreen TV. There was a sitting area with a table near the bar area with microwave, refrigerator and an additional sink. The bathroom was rather large as well. Overall the four of us did not have a problem sharing this nice size suite for three nights. The doors to the bedroom close completely so we didn't have to listen to each other snore at night.

The breakfast included with the room was impressive as well. As with all ES's there was a cook to order area with omelets, pancakes, etc. There was also a large spread of pastries, cereals, fruit, juices, etc. Everyone could find something they liked at breakfast. The managers reception in the evenings was impressive as well. Some other ES's I've been to will serve only beer/wine during the reception, but this bartender was willing to whip up anything, including a cosmo!

I can't say enough good things about this property, we really enjoyed it and if we had the need to be back in the La Vista area, would not hesitate to book it.

• Stayed September 2008
Grafton, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 18, 2009

I just spent two nights at the Embassy Suites in La Vista, NE for a conference. The rooms are big and pretty nice. The hotel is new and in top condition. The staff is friendly, cheerful and helpful. The rooms have flat screen tvs with some HD channels.

The hotel was pricier than last year's conference hotel, but it was very nice and I got what I paid for. I can recommend this hotel very highly. My first preference in Omaha is to stay right downtown in the heart of Old Market district, but if I'm not staying downtown, I would recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Beautiful place to relax and call home while on vacation for a week in Omaha to visit our son. They upgraded us to an executive suite upon check-in, nice surprise. Room more than satisfied our every need. Refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot very clean and worked well. Houskeeping was great. Front desk reps very helpful with maps and directions. Extremely easy access to highway. Pool and spa are large, very nice and clean. Towels readily available. Breakfast was abundant in choices and the chef making ready order omelettes, the best! Managers reception every evening was another special treat. Slightly more than I usually pay but it was worth every dime.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We love Embassy Suites and this one is the best we have stayed in. Everything about it is beautiful. This was our second stay-a great stop for us when we are leaving family in Denver to come home in Illinois..The staff is very friendly. The manager's reception and the breakfast are just great. You can't beat the Embassy suites breakfast. Anything you want is there.. Stay here you won't be disappointed. My husband loves walking to Cabella's...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Omaha Southwest
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 12520 Westport Pkwy, La Vista, NE 68128
Location: United States > Nebraska > La Vista
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center 3.5*
The Embassy Suites Omaha - La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center is located a short drive from downtown Omaha, and 40 minutes from Lincoln, just off I-80.Our modern property offers easy access to several Omaha attractions such as the Henry Doorly Zoo, Durham Museum, Joslyn Art Museum, Strategic Air and Space Museum, and Cabela's!Our hotel features 257 suites with private living and bedroom areas, free cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary drinks at our nightly Manager's Reception, and multiple dining options within our hotel. Our hotel is also directly connected to the La Vista Conference Center, offering 60,000 sq. ft of meeting space. Look no further than the Embassy Suites Omaha La Vista! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista Hotel Lavista