“Quality stay for business”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Vista
Minneapolis
“Quality stay for business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This Embassy Suites had everything I needed on a business trip, without having to leave. I appreciate good dining options and also a quality fitness center with wifi and it had both. The meeting rooms were abundant and well cared for with attentive staff. All hotel staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Lisbon, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed there for a 3 day conference in the attached convention center. The rooms were all suites. Very large, comfortable, & clean. They have a fantastic complimentary breakfast every morning for all of the guests. In the evening there are complimentary drinks & snacks also. The staff that I encountered were all very helpful & friendly. Highly recommend this motel!

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Second time we stay here. It is very convenient to the highway and, therefore, puts most of Omaha within easy reach. It is a convention hotel (adjacent to a convention center) so expect large (sometimes boisterous) groups. Nevertheless, the rooms are quiet and there is a very nice atmosphere. I enjoyed playing board games in the café. The breakfast staff was not friendly--actually, they were rude to guests: glares, frowns and a bad attitude. Clearly unacceptable and not the way guests should start their morning. The same man had the same attitude two years ago when we stayed there last. Otherwise, nothing to complain about.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent two days here and then were scheduled to stay at another hotel on our return trip the next week. We changed our reservation to return to the Embassy Suites. Great room and staff was wonderful. Really, our only complaint was the fax machine was not working in the business center and the hotel staff faxed everything for us. They went above and beyond in all aspects. We will be back!!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed 5 nights while visiting our grandchildren. It worked out great, the kids came and spent time with us at the Hotel and we have enough sleeping space and room space for everyone. The pool was well maintained (and well used by the girls). The morning breakfast buffet worked out great, they had something for everyone, from pancakes to bagels, eggs, bacon and lots of juices and fruit. Started our day great with a good breakfast for everyone. We will stay there again when visiting La Vista. Everyone at the Hotel was very friendly and helpful. The kids even commented on how nice everyone was. Interested in what we had done that day, etc.

Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

You see that I still gave this hotel an "average" rating and I would consider this review to be on the negative side -- that's because in the past I would have always given it an "excellent" rating.

Let me start by saying that we have stayed at this hotel MANY times -- it is (typically) clean and elegant with impeccable service, and we find the restaurant and breakfast to be unsurpassed. However, we have noticed a glitch or two the past few times we've visited and have hoped they were just anomalies. This weekend there were too many cons to overlook.

First, we were placed in a room other than the package I ordered. I went down to the desk and asked the attendant to check to make sure we hadn't ordered the upgraded package; she glanced at the computer and said, "Nope, you didn't." I thought I was probably just imagining having booked the extra package, but it bothered me. We left to shop and run errands for a few hours and when we returned, I went to the business center to print my confirmation email -- yep, there it was; the upgraded (and more expensive) package that I thought I had reserved.

When I showed the (different) attendant my confirmation printout, he showed it to his manager, but because they hadn't carefully glanced at the reservations for the evening, they had given our room to someone else. I had to actually say the words, "Then I would like a reduced rate," instead of having them suggest it first! (The manager-on-duty was even standing nearby, listening to the conversation I was having with the front desk attendant.)

As soon as I got up to the room where my family was trying to decide on a movie, they said that the TV/movie channel wasn't working correctly. After 15 minutes of fiddling, my husband finally called down to the desk to let them know; of course, as soon as he did that, it started working again (it did black out again for just a minute or two but we were able to fiddle it back).

Perhaps the most disappointing aspect of the trip, though, was the breakfast. We were told it would serve to 10:30; when we got down there at 10:10, the omelette station was in the process of packing up, and we were served pancakes out of an already-made stack (and yes, they were COLD). Those pancakes (which are usually oh-so-good made fresh-to-order) are part of why I like to stay there! And we understood when they started packing it away at 10:30 -- after all, that's when it ENDS -- but to start (much) earlier than that on a Sunday morning? Not guest-friendly!

On the bright side, we ordered room service from The Nines (as we always do), and it was wonderful -- really can't beat their burgers. The evening reception was good, though it was always better when they served veggies along with all the crackers and chips. And it is still a clean, elegant property; the cons this time seemed to be human error...which is probably why they were so disappointing.

Stoney Creek, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went with my mother and aunt to attend two family wedding receptions within 8 days, both at the hotel. My mother and aunt are in their nineties, and without exception, we felt that the service and accommodations were well above average. Staff were friendly, and extremely accommodating to all our needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Courtyard Omaha La Vista
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn
Magnolia Hotel Omaha
New Victorian Inn & Suites

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 12520 Westport Pkwy, La Vista, NE 68128
Location: United States > Nebraska > La Vista
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Vista
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center 3.5*
The Embassy Suites Omaha - La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center is located a short drive from downtown Omaha, and 40 minutes from Lincoln, just off I-80.Our modern property offers easy access to several Omaha attractions such as the Henry Doorly Zoo, Durham Museum, Joslyn Art Museum, Strategic Air and Space Museum, and Cabela's!Our hotel features 257 suites with private living and bedroom areas, free cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary drinks at our nightly Manager's Reception, and multiple dining options within our hotel. Our hotel is also directly connected to the La Vista Conference Center, offering 60,000 sq. ft of meeting space. Look no further than the Embassy Suites Omaha La Vista! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista Hotel Lavista