“Very good stay, Very nice property”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Had the opportunity to stay at this hotel while on a long weekend through Nebraska. It is a VERY nice Embassy Suites, not sure how new it is but it is certainly well maintained and modern. Typical ES arrangement with atrium in the middle and rooms around the outside but this one also happens to be connected to a small conference center near Cabella's. Rooms are a little smaller than the average ES 2 room+Bath setup, but they are very nice and well furnished/comfortable.

Location is a bit of a draw back unless you are using the Conference Center and/or visiting Cabella's. To get to any decent restaurants you will need a car and head up the highway at least 1 exit and while not far out of downtown Omaha it too is a bit of a drive

The only aspect of this hotel that is subpar compared to the other ES I have stayed in would be the food and beverage. The breakfast buffet is very average and only saved by the Made-To-Order omelette and pancake station and the managers reception - while still a fantastic gesture - falls well short of those at other ES with warm appetizers and variety of things to eat.

I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is very nice, the staff was excellent, the price is right and while not perfect, the location is convenient.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The LaVista Embassy exceeded our expectations in just about every way. It was in pristine condition - I think it's fairly new. The breakfast was hot, made to order and fresh. The staff were over-the-top friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and very nice with microwaves and refrigerators. There were a few things though, that made this place stick out in a positive way. First, we had some trouble the first few nights with the A/C cooling the room enough. It wasn't awful, just didn't seem quite right, and I mentioned it to the front desk the next morning (and wasn't even complaining, just asked for them to look at it sometime that day while we were out). When we returned, not only was it fixed, but there was a personal note from the maintenance man, AND a voucher for a free in-room movie (which would have cost $17). They didn't need to do that. Also, there were an awful lot of kids running around on the Friday night we were there (the other four nights were quite peaceful) and the staff seemed intent on doing their best to keep these kiddos in check - I appreciated their efforts to at least try (and can't fault the hotel for parents being unwilling to control their kids). As a word of advice in selecting a room, however, if you value some peace and quiet, ask for a room at the end of one of the halls (vs around the courtyard area where the kids decided to make it into a race-track).....

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room, choose the end of a hallway instead of around the central courtyard
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This by far is one of the best Embassy Suites we've ever stayed at during our travels. We always love staying here due to the friendly staff from the check in service to the manager's reception staff, to the breakfast staff and to the shuttle driver Sergio. We have never been disappointed when we stay here. Thank you for making our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This must be a newer Embassy Suites and I must say, this place was such a pleasure to stay at. I was here for a week and never had any issues. The room was laid out wonderfully, and very clean. Bed was very comfortable. There are two minor things I can talk about, I am not sure why in this day and age that Embassy Suites continues to charge for internet access ($10.65 per day, per device!!). Almost every place I stay these days has free internet. The other "issue" was that the door to enter to room is very heavy and slams shut. It is the ONLY outside noise I heard from inside the room, other doors in the hallway slamming. Embassy has a great breakfast and this place is no exception. The workout room was well equipped with Precor exercise equipment. Then, I unexpectedly had to check out early and it took the person at the front desk 2 minutes to get me a new bill and I was on my way. Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012

You're undoubtedly familiar with the old saying, "Beauty is only skin deep". That comes to mind as I offer my 'review' of this facility. It presents very well -- but, the reception and check in service would rate as average (and I'm probably being generous). The manager's reception is average - at best - (although the staff there is upbeat and friendly). The morning breakfast was very good -- nice selection there and the service was adequate, even with a large crowd. The sleeper sofa might have been the most uncomfortable I've ever experienced -- and, I was surprised to find that I had the privilege of making my own bed .. another observation -- Omaha and Nebraska knows how to raise their revenues .. when they quote you the room rate; add another 17.6% to that amount to cover the sales, lodging and occupancy taxes!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We take a trip to Omaha every fall to the zoo and have begun staying at this particular hotel ever since it opened a couple years ago. It's absolutely my favorite Embassy Suites (we tend to stay at Embassy Suites on our trips since we have a family of 6). However, the beds were VERY uncomfortable when we stayed there recently. One of the beds in the room seemed like it was actually tilted to one side. I think it's time management considers some new beds. Otherwise, we truly had an enjoyable weekend trip to Omaha.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

A last minute trip to Omaha landed our family in this beautiful facility. What a pleasure to have such friendly and helpful front desk personell, as well as the waiters and waitress for the Managers' evening social hour.
The room was very very clean and we had everything that we needed right at our finger tips.
The breakfast made to order /buffet was OUT OF THIS WORLD. So many choices and such a nice atomosphere to enjoy your morning .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 12520 Westport Pkwy, La Vista, NE 68128
Location: United States > Nebraska > La Vista
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Price Range: $145 - $240 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center 3.5*
The Embassy Suites Omaha - La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center is located a short drive from downtown Omaha, and 40 minutes from Lincoln, just off I-80.Our modern property offers easy access to several Omaha attractions such as the Henry Doorly Zoo, Durham Museum, Joslyn Art Museum, Strategic Air and Space Museum, and Cabela's!Our hotel features 257 suites with private living and bedroom areas, free cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary drinks at our nightly Manager's Reception, and multiple dining options within our hotel. Our hotel is also directly connected to the La Vista Conference Center, offering 60,000 sq. ft of meeting space. Look no further than the Embassy Suites Omaha La Vista! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista Hotel Lavista