“Good night!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We originally stayed at this hotel six years ago when it was brand new. It has been maintained very well and is in excellent condition. I had reserved a king room online thinking it had a sofa bed for our 11-year-old (my error) but the front desk was able to get us a 2 queen room without issue. They also provided an extensive list of area restaurants. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. There were plenty of towels. The breakfast had a nice variety to choose from. We stayed on the 4th of July and you could see fireworks in any direction, which was a unique perk!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Newer, well maintained hotel. Check-in was very easy. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast selections are well above average, but no waffle maker. No safes in room. Pool and fitness center are modern and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Convenient locations right off I-80.

Room Tip: Our room only had a shower, not a tub. If this is an issue for you, ask in advance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Hotel staff was extremely nice, and I can't complain about that. They offered me assistance with where to go for eating out, they were just very nice people. The hostess for the breakfast was even very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We paid a very high rate to stay at this hotel during a baseball tournament. We had no choice but to stay at this hotel or one very similar. The hotel management was extremely rude. They refused standard services to us because we were there as a team.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Cori G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; I sincerely apologize if any member of our team was rude to you or your family. The experience as you described is not to our standards and is out of character for our team. I will be sure to speak with my management team in regarding this. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay so that we can improve our services. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had a great stay. I was going to be a late arrival after the CWS game. I was told it was noted, but it was not! So... If you're going to be a late arrival make sure you double and triple check that it has been noted. That was a complaint. Another thing...2 ladies sat in the computer room for over 3 hours with their laptops, tying up the hotel's computers. They saw that i came down 4 different times to use the hotels computers but refused to leave even though there was free wireless throughout the hotel!! Maybe they could put up a sign the limits use of the room to 1 hour or less if others want to use it. It's just a general respect for others that these 2 big ones didn't have. Otherwise I loved the hotel and easy access to I-80. The staff was very friendly and they seemed to really enjoy their jobs. I want to stay there agin next year!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The property is well kept and looks almost new! I was surprised to find out that it is seven years old! The staff went out of there way to make sure everything was great during own stay. I have already recommended the property to a friend who is heading to the Omaha area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Cori G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Thank you sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for recommending others to stay with us as well! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were in Omaha for our nephew's baseball tournament and to catch some of the College World Series. We decided on a King Suite for our 2 children, my husband, and myself. The size and space was perfect for us. The bed was comfortable. If you like a firmer pillow, bring your own. If you love soft and squishy, you will be super happy. Room was very clean. Had a wet bar, microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge. There was a desk area and we kept the kids sofa bed pulled out the entire 4 days without taking away too much space in the room. It was a very comfortable and well appointed room. The enclosed bathroom area had the toilet and shower and outside of that was a large open, single sink vanity area with shelves and a large mirrored sliding doored closet. We left the Do Not Disturb on the door as my husband had the desk filled with work and we didn't want the room cleaned for this reason. I found a note saying they did not come in per our request but I notice that the trash had been emptied anyway, I did not like that at all! It felt like a violation and I called down to make sure it wasn't repeated during our stay.
The breakfast was ok, certainly more than adequate for "free". The pool was ok, very warm in the room with very cold water.
They have some sundries available, free newspapers, a friendly staff.
I would recommend staying for business or for vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I want to apologize regarding the issues experienced with our housekeeping team . This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality, your satisfaction is very important to us. We will work to improve our services and are so glad to hear that you would recommend staying with us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista? Share your experiences!