“good thai food”

Thai Orchids
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in La Vista
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch. It was about noon and it was not very busy when we got there. Over the next 10 minutes it got very busy and the lone waitress/busboy/cashier was not able to keep up despite her very good efforts. The food was very good and the amount served was very large. We both had enough leftover for another meal. My favorite was the stuffed chicken wings. They were very good and the dipping sauces served with them just made them even better. We will be coming back again. Hopefully the waitress/busboy/ cashier will have some help by then.

1  Thank Hapkidodave

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I finally found the best Thai in Omaha! Unfortunately, it is showing up as a La Vista restaurant and many who search Omaha do not see it. Great food and great value!

1  Thank Ukmc2001
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I echo cidbliq's and LouisandAlexandraG's reviews. Food was delicious. Portions were generous. The seafood Pukhet (D36 I think) was a curry I'd definitely have again. The decor is classy and the staff was very nice. This hidden gem is worth the trip.

2  Thank Snomen
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This restaurant is located in the stripmall and from the outside did no look like much. It was a pleasant surprise when we walked in to see the nice decor, minimalistic but definetly not "cheap looking" The tables have nice embroidered table runners and table cloths ( which seem to be a rarity in this area!). We were greeted warmly and given a nice booth. The service was excellent, and the staff was more than willing to make substitutions for my daughter ( she wanted beef and noodles rather than chicken and noodles and she got them). The food was delicious and well presented and served. If you like spicy, their "medium" is pretty spicy, so just be very careful of the degree . I happen to like spicy and this was just right for me.
Definetly a restaurant we will be returning to and reccomending.

2  Thank Louis and Alexa... G
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We recently tried the new Thai Orchids restaurant in La Vista -- located in the Brentwood Square shopping complex, near the abandoned Baker's store. I'm not sure which business was in this exact location before, but all of the furniture and fixtures inside were brand new.

As for the food, it was outstanding. Everything was very fresh and served quickly and hot. Your server will ask you how "hot" (spicy) you would like your food, from 1 to 10. If you're a wimp (like me), I'd recommend 3 or less. The menu is fairly large, with appetizers, noodle dishes, curries, salads, soups, plus chicken, beef, shrimp, fried rice, and house specialty entrees. They also do a great job of explaining what is in dish, so you won't have to guess if you'd like "Gai Pad Ka Ree" (Southern Thai Chicken) or not. The prices for most entrees were in the $10 - $12 range, but the servings are generous. We both took leftovers home for the next day's lunch.

The service was very friendly, and they went out of their way to make sure we were happy with everything.

Do note that they keep short hours -- they are open for lunch from 11:00 - 2:00 PM, then for dinner from 5:00 - 9:00 Monday - Saturday. They are closed on Sunday.

Overall, I'd highly recommend That Orchids. If you like Thai food, or if it's your first time, you're sure to find something good there.

4  Thank cidbliq