“Beautiful and spacious hotel!”

Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in La Vista
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Courtyard on July 29. We were wowed by the tall ceilings, water features, and moderness of the lobby. Our room did not disappoint, with two comfortable queen beds. The entire hotel was clean and beautiful. Our only disappointment was the lack of breakfast options, but we found a satisfying meal at the Summer Kitchen just a mile away.

Reviewed June 12, 2010

We stayed here for one night to attend a family members graduation. Price was great at $80 total. Check in was fast and efficient. The staff were nice.

The room was nice and clean. Was surprised to find no fridge in the room, even though there is a spot for one (empty cupboard under coffee pot with a plug in installed). If staying for more than one night, we would have inquired about that. Bed was comfy. But like the previous poster said, it seemed a bit firm or stiff compared to other Marriott beds we've been on.

We did not try out the pool. When we checked at one point, it was full of kids with floaties and totally not worth it.

Up near the check-in desk is a great interactive screen that houses an interactive computer/map. We would have never known it was there if it wasn't for a family member who knew about it since he frequents the hotel for his work.

Across the street is a Cabelas. We have two near our home but checked it out anyway.

Would we stay again? For that price, yes. Yes, it is new. But nothing about the hotel made it stand out like some hotels out there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2010

As a Platinum level Marriott customer, I've seen my share of courtyards. This one falls into the "Average At Best" category.

PROS: Since it's a new hotel, it's lobby is spacious and looks great. The workout room is good for a courtyard, too. My room (and I assume all rooms) have a nice mini fridge which is great. The staff is helpful, quick and courteous.

CONS: For a new hotel, I'm surprised by the bed quality. It's far from soft and comfortable and quite stiff. The room had a nice flat screen tv, comfortable working area, etc. My biggest beef with this hotel was the lack of onsite food options. Even for a courtyard, this fell far short from expectations. Other courtyards usually have a nice breakfast buffet/menu, but this hotel only had a "coffee shop" and microwavable sandwiches and muffins. No room service or other onsite dining options at night. However, the hotel is connected to the convention center which has an Embassy Suites on the other side. So, without going outside, you're able to go to the Embassy's full service bar/restaurant for dinner and/or breakfast.

SUMMARY: The low price will bring me back every time. There's a new gas station right across the street so stop in there or your beer/soda/water/snacks and use the in-room fridge.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We booked this hotel on Priceline and got excellent rooms for $45 a night. We were in town for a wedding and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, especially for the price!! The staff was hit or miss. The ones who provided great service did so to the highest degree. Others were there only to get a paycheck and just seemed to not have any enthusiasm or personality. For the most part though, the staff seemed to go out of their way to make it a pleasant stay. The fire pit in the courtyard was awesome! The pool was adequate and the hot tub inconsistent in heat, but relaxing nonetheless. The rooms are VERY nice, new furnishings and all since the hotel is so new. It is conveniently located right off the highway. I've seen note of too much traffic noise, but no one in our group of 13 had any problem with that. Being right off of I-80 made travel convenient. The trips to the wedding, Amazing Pizza Machine and Henry Doorly Zoo were no more than 15 minutes drive each. We went to restaurants and other attractions and all were with just a few minutes. If you are looking for a place to stay in the Omaha area, this is it!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We booked this hotel for our daughter's volleyball team. We had a great experience. The manager was very friendly and on top of things. The rooms were very nicely appointed and comfortable. Although breakfast was not included in the price, the bistro cafe had a range of items available. The order of french toast is huge and fed two of us. The group reservation specialists was great to work with and did a superb job of meeting our group's needs. I would stay at this Courtyard again!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2009

When I looked at the first review here, I was floored -- this place is absolutely sparkling clean (literally). The rooms are not just large -- they are huge, and very well designed and equipped. I worked in an adjoining room while my teenager had her three friends in for a little girls night out. While I went to a dinner at the convention center only feet away, the teens swam, went on the computers downstairs, sat by the firepit (and one of the employees made s'mores for them). The only disappointment I had was that the stunning lounge was closed by the time I got there -- it is amazing! I would recommend this hotel to business travelers and families -- I did both in the same night!

The lobby is gorgeous -- they say "reimagined" -- and that's definitely true. Tile, stone, water features, computers, large screen tvs, fireplaces. Friendly staff, extraordinary rooms, comfy beds, a great desk in the room with lots of space, a chair that turns into a sleeper, great pool and workout room, ample parking. I just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay here again for a stay-ca-tion or host guests here.

Closeby, there are restaurants, coffee shops, a donut shop nearby. Across from Cabelas (like in their parking lot). The only thing that isn't too close to shops, however, the interstate is very close and it was a 12-15 minute drive to Westroads on I80.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2009

The hotel is really nice, but the rooms are filthy. Hair all over bathroom and in bed sheets. Dust all around the room too, and this was in more than one room. Staff is friendly but obviously the cleaning people do not do their job. Also, this hotel is next too an Embassy Suites. This Courtyard had an empty parking lot while Embassy's was almost full. Wish I would have stayed there, it looks nicer and I think they give free breakfast as well.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista? Share your experiences!