“Great hotel, great experience”

Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in La Vista
home
“Great hotel, great experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We booked this hotel on Priceline and got excellent rooms for $45 a night. We were in town for a wedding and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, especially for the price!! The staff was hit or miss. The ones who provided great service did so to the highest degree. Others were there only to get a paycheck and just seemed to not have any enthusiasm or personality. For the most part though, the staff seemed to go out of their way to make it a pleasant stay. The fire pit in the courtyard was awesome! The pool was adequate and the hot tub inconsistent in heat, but relaxing nonetheless. The rooms are VERY nice, new furnishings and all since the hotel is so new. It is conveniently located right off the highway. I've seen note of too much traffic noise, but no one in our group of 13 had any problem with that. Being right off of I-80 made travel convenient. The trips to the wedding, Amazing Pizza Machine and Henry Doorly Zoo were no more than 15 minutes drive each. We went to restaurants and other attractions and all were with just a few minutes. If you are looking for a place to stay in the Omaha area, this is it!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Iowa
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We booked this hotel for our daughter's volleyball team. We had a great experience. The manager was very friendly and on top of things. The rooms were very nicely appointed and comfortable. Although breakfast was not included in the price, the bistro cafe had a range of items available. The order of french toast is huge and fed two of us. The group reservation specialists was great to work with and did a superb job of meeting our group's needs. I would stay at this Courtyard again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Omaha
Reviewed October 4, 2009

When I looked at the first review here, I was floored -- this place is absolutely sparkling clean (literally). The rooms are not just large -- they are huge, and very well designed and equipped. I worked in an adjoining room while my teenager had her three friends in for a little girls night out. While I went to a dinner at the convention center only feet away, the teens swam, went on the computers downstairs, sat by the firepit (and one of the employees made s'mores for them). The only disappointment I had was that the stunning lounge was closed by the time I got there -- it is amazing! I would recommend this hotel to business travelers and families -- I did both in the same night!

The lobby is gorgeous -- they say "reimagined" -- and that's definitely true. Tile, stone, water features, computers, large screen tvs, fireplaces. Friendly staff, extraordinary rooms, comfy beds, a great desk in the room with lots of space, a chair that turns into a sleeper, great pool and workout room, ample parking. I just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay here again for a stay-ca-tion or host guests here.

Closeby, there are restaurants, coffee shops, a donut shop nearby. Across from Cabelas (like in their parking lot). The only thing that isn't too close to shops, however, the interstate is very close and it was a 12-15 minute drive to Westroads on I80.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
travelerMma
Reviewed August 28, 2009

The hotel is really nice, but the rooms are filthy. Hair all over bathroom and in bed sheets. Dust all around the room too, and this was in more than one room. Staff is friendly but obviously the cleaning people do not do their job. Also, this hotel is next too an Embassy Suites. This Courtyard had an empty parking lot while Embassy's was almost full. Wish I would have stayed there, it looks nicer and I think they give free breakfast as well.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 7, 2009

This hotel was brand new and the rooms were great. The front desk staff was very helpful Sarah even found me a cell phone charger since I had left mine at home. The location was about 10 min to downtown.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We stayed at this hotel over the fourth of July holiday weekend. We pretty much had the place to ourselves, which was nice. The staff is very attentive and friendly. This is a brand new property, so everything was in tip top shape. We did experience a leaky faucet in the tub in room 232, but it didn't keep us from sleeping or anything. The only two gripes we had were there wasn't another mirror in the room besides the one in the bathroom and the television doesn't come out far enough to see from the bed. Also, a lot of the high def channels listed do not come in. Overall, a nice place and a good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Omaha Southwest

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista? Share your experiences!