“Great Property (but read details)”

Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have stayed at this property before and returned because of the first stay. We were in town for a youth sports event in Omaha.

When we arrived, was a little taken back by the greeting. I walked up and said, "hello, how are you today?" She looked up and said, "Fine...checking in?" and did not welcome me to the property, ask me how my travels there were or anything like that. Thought that was odd but not going to let it ruin my day.

The lobby is amazingly clean, spacious and well taken care of. Plenty of free parking and took my cart full of luggage to the very fast paced elevators (that play great music by the way) and up to my room.

The rooms are very big, very modern and a welcome sight for travelers. The screens to the windows were nasty dirty and it made it hard to look out those two windows but the windows without screens gave a nice view. The bathroom had plenty of space and it was just a really nice room. Again, with the exception of how dirty it looked thru the windows...very happy with the room. Wi-Fi worked well, ice maker was close by and worked great. Thought it was odd, they had one kind of shampoo brand and a different brand for conditioner. Not a fan of that but I didn't bring any and was stuck with that combo.

One thing we were not crazy about was that when we went into our room...there was two important light bulbs out. One was above the sink. The other was the light when you walk in. I'm not sure how that missed the "check list" that the housekeeping staff uses and they did replace them....just didn't think that is a phone call we needed to make and wait for them to change the bulbs.

We had some lobby time in the evening with some other families by a really modern and classy fireplace. Plenty of room around the lobby for guests. A real nice quality.

Checked out the next morning, went smoothly. Had a variety of food items in their restaurant if needed. Took my cart to the car, checked out and called it a "success".

I very much recommend this property to travelers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Typically good Courtyard property. Room was attractive and well kept, bed exceptionally comfortable. Staff at the Bistro Bar in the lobby was very pleasant.

The hotel is convenient to I-80, but the area around the hotel is pretty uninteresting. Nearly impossible to find any sort of non-chain restaurant any where in the vicinity.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here a few times, now we have our toddler son in tow. It's just off the interstate and easy to get to, ample parking. Check in is always good and the remodeled lobby is impressive. the room was big enough for us to stay in and have a few family members that live in town come to visit. The pool is ok sized with plenty of chairs. We couldn't have our family pizza party in the pool area, and the patio area outside the pool is shaded in the afternoon, so too cold for eating out in May. After getting back to the room we realized there's no fridge or microwave. This mean we couldn't keep our pizza so we gave it to my wife's siblings. Not being able to cold-store or heat food limited our dining options. The pack-n-play provided had a very worn pad and my boy couldn't sleep in it.
There are plenty of shopping/dining places in the area, and there's a brewery a mile away.

Room Tip: Not all rooms come with fridge or microwave, check when booking
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This hotel has great access to the interstate system. The staff was friendly. The service at the restaurant was fast and the food was better than I thought it would be. I was disappointed by the lack of a fridge and microwave in the room.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelly H
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Only central air conditioner or separated Air conditioner are acceptable because AC compressor is always too noisy in the room. Why do so many hotel/motel use all-in-one air conditioner? It makes the bedroom a machine room and downgraded the hotel/motel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a new developing area. The lobby, public spaces and my guest room were neat and clean. The service was friendly and helpful. Because it's a new area there are not any restaurants or night life to walk to but anything is just a short drive away. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there agian.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This motel is a nice place. The location is handy for west Omaha, and not too bad for getting to the Old Market and downtown with I-80 being close. There are restaurants in the area too. The beds are so comfortable and give a great night's rest. The rooms are clean and roomy as well. I recommend this motel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Omaha Southwest

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista? Share your experiences!