“I was amazed!”

Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in La Vista
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was amazed at how nice this hotel was. I was truly expecting this to be an average courtyard with outdated furniture, bedding and decoration. However, to my surprise this hotel was very modern and up to date. The rooms are very spacious (this shouldn't be a surprise, theres plenty of land to spare!). There is a breakfast bar that serves starbucks brewed coffee, and smaller breakfast meals such as fruit, oatmeal, cereal, eggs/bacon meals. At night they offer half off drinks and apps which is nice! Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I would stay again if given a chance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Della J

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Although this hotel is fairly clean and comfortable, there are other options available that offer a better value. This hotel is adjacent to a large conference center which is the reason we stayed here. There is a Embassy Suites also adjoining the conference center which is a much better choice. Upon check-in after a long day of driving and attending meetings, the front desk staff was friendly but could not quite understand that I would be paying for three different rooms with the same credit card. When entering the room I was instantly hit with an odor that can best be described as "raw sewage" like. I turned on the ventilation unit which did a good job of removing the odor. I had no luck turning on the television. The batteries to the remote were held in place with black electricians tape. I called the front desk and they were able to immediately diagnose the problem which leads me to believe this is an ongoing problem. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean with ample towels available. The pillows are apparently made of cheap foam and uncomfortable. The t.v. is placed in such a way that when lying in bed you can only see about half of the screen. This hotel offers no complimentary breakfast of any kind. I later found out that Embassy Suites offers a full made to order breakfast for free. Although the Courtyard was acceptable, spend another $20 and stay at Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Pros
Larger than expected beautiful rooms with modern decor
Comfortable beds
Nice shower head and spotless restroom with extra towels - felt like taking a shower in a wealthy friend's house
Personal letter and blessing was a nice warm touch
Large pool and hot tub
Impressive Lobby - gorgeous fireplaces and a "waterfall"
Large eating area - booths with private TVs - extravagant
Several public computers in the lobby with oversized comfy office chairs
Large Cabela's across the parking lot
Found it listed in a hotel coupon magazine so our rate was INCREDIBLY low for the caliber of hotel it was. Look for them at gas stations and rest stops when you are traveling! These were a huge money-saver on our trip.

Cons
No in-room microwave or refrigerator - this turns out to be a huge negative if you are traveling - plenty of trash cans provided (look for more stashed in cupboards) - makes for great ice buckets... :)

Unbelievably inattentive staff. I don't know if it was the wrong time of night or what but I had to stand at the front desk and wait about 3 min each time before someone came out. Strangely I had to ask a lot of questions that night - usually I don't bother front desk staff.

No breakfast buffet... :( It's a restaurant that you order and the prices seemed high. Village Inn downtown was yummy tho!

Our room literally had NO view. There was a concrete wall blocking our window. Also we could hear everything going on in the hall clearly, including conversations. If it had been a busy night - this would have become irritating. Our son cried that night and we were worried about our neighbors hearing it so he slept in the bed with us. Not fun.

I would say most of the cons were isolated events. The Pros far outweighed the cons! :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is amazing. The customer service is friendly, and attentive. The rooms are very clean, and modern. This hotel is in a great location, including easy access to Highway 80. Every time I come to Omaha, I make it a point to stay at this hotel. Whenever I stay at this hotel, I feel like I'm staying at a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with a connecting door, to another room. You just never know what the other guests sle...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family stayed 2 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. This was the 3rd time we have stayed at this property. This is a fantastic hotel for the price. Has a nice pool (although the water was a bit on the chilly side), hot tub, restaurant, fitness center, business center, market pantry for basic snacks, free newspaper, free cookies, free wireless Internet, and free coffee in the morning. There is also a nice outdoor sitting area but far too cold outside to use on this trip. Rooms are average sized and well equipped with refrigerator, coffe pot, and nice furniture. Food at the restaurant was good but a pretty limited menu indeed. Every staff member we've encountered has been very friendly and attentive to our needs. Due to allergies, my family requires a feather free room. Upon check-in they confirmed the feather free room was all setup. They even sent a member of housekeeping to our room to ensure it was the way we wanted it. This was not anything we requested. The front desk staff went the extra mile to request this on our behalf to ensure guest satisfaction. Will definitely continue to return to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2012

can eat at cabela's across parking lot for elk, bison, chicken tenders ,kids meals,etc . daily specials and for $9 you can get burger with side.lunch and dinner only. hotel with also drive you across street to couple other casual and fast food places. sorry to say i have to find new hotel after staying here every 2 weeks for a year! company is no longer taking clc credit cards! so i have to go back to another chain, no other options for marriot in this price range in omaha market. clc pays about $74 night for room, sorry to have to move like this hotel because rooms are always clean and quiet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This property is only around 5 years old. There is now food places nearby and somekind of lumber jack store next door that seems to be popular. There is a really nice emabassy suites next door and is a bit nicer but normally about 20 bucks more expensive. This hotel is really far from downtown and that is the reson the rate is cheaper even though the hotel is nicer than what you will get downtown. Only a couple things that are somewhat normal. There was pleny of mildew growing on the caulk in shower and the remote control had the back cover missing. I also think the room might not have lodge net but most people dont use that anyway. The bed is nice and the bathroom has Paul mitchell branded soap. Plenty of towls that seemed pretty new. Funishings were modern and higher quality than most places. Room is a bit small so if you have the kids along might want to opt for embassy suites next door as they also have free breakfast. While an excellant hotel if price is only 10 to 20 more I'd be tempted to go with embassy suites next door. Staff was also quite nice here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista? Share your experiences!