“New, which means clean and nice, but low on services”

Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“New, which means clean and nice, but low on services”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night for business recently. My first impression was similar to other reviewers - the parking lot is oddly crowded. It seems there was an event at the LaVista convention center, so the parking lot was quite full. Even if it wasn't full, there are no close in parking spots. This might sound like nit-picking, but it was cold and blowing rain.

The lobby is large and spacious and check in was quick and efficient. In no time, I was off and on my way to my room. The elevators are somewhat slow and there seemed to be one elevator stuck on the first floor that did not want to move. There was also an odd, incense like smell on the 5th floor. I'm not sure if Courtyard is trying to compete with the W signature smell or what. It wasn't terrible, but it did catch me off guard each time I got off the elevator.

My room was similar to what others have written here. Large, comfortable, clean. There was a space for a refrigerator, but there was not one in the room. The bathroom was clean and reasonable size. The shower used the standard Marriott issue head, but had good pressure and was as hot as I wanted it. Internet was wireless, free, and reasonable speed-wise.

I ate at the lobby restaurant twice - once for dinner and again for breakfast. Dinner was good and service was fast, mostly because there were only 4-5 other people there. Breakfast was a different story. The line was very long and was slow moving. There was 1 person working the coffee bar area and 1 person waiting on the rest of the restaurant. Overall, it was very slow and very limited in choice. As other people have said, you expect free breakfast in these mid-range hotels, but there was no free breakfast to be had.

Checkout was somewhat frustrating. I had an hour between breakfast, charged to my room, and checkout, but when I checked out, breakfast hadn't posted yet. I had to ask to have my folio emailed to me. After being promised it later in the day, it arrived the following day after I called to ask for me. Then I got it twice.

Overall, this is a reasonable hotel for the western side of Omaha. This area will grow and the hotel will be more useful. Right now, there is little there besides a Cabela's.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kim Z, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our property.

It is always a pleasure to pass on positive comments to our staff, and I have let our front desk team know they are doing well with their check in procedures.

The La Vista Conference is popular for many events in the area and our complimentary parking does on occasion fill up. We do our best to ensure that there are parking spaces left for our guests, but it sounds like on the night of your stay they were all filled as well.

I have made our housekeeping team aware of the unique smell you encountered getting on and off of the elevator. That is certainly not typical and I have made note to monitor for the future.

I apologize for the time delay in your breakfast service and have asked our Bistro Manager to examine more closely the times of day where traffic is higher and staff accordingly to meet all of our guests needs in a timely manner.

Our folio's normally go through an audit process every evening and I suspect that was why you experienced the delay in receiving yours the same day that you requested with the addition of your breakfast on it. I appreciate the frustration in having to call the next day and have spoken to our Front Office Manager with regards to guest follow up.

Thank you again for your comments. We want all of our guests to have a positive experience each and every time they stay with us and your feedback helps us in reaching our goal of 100% satisfaction.

We look forward to having you stay with us the next time business brings you to the La Vista area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Ok, I'll start by saying that I've stayed here twice in the last 90 days. The first time was pretty good. I had no major complaints other than the dust in my suite and the front desk agent's friendly, but unprofessional demeanor. The second time was not so great. I called to ask if I might check in early, to which I was given a quick yes. Now, I understand that preferred room types are not guaranteed (especially with early check-ins), but I would have liked a comment about the switch. I made my preference as a king bed, but was switched to an accessible room with two queen beds. After I arrived, I ran up to the room, dropped off my bags and headed out for the day. When I came back in the evening to shower before going out, I discovered a clearly used, very dirty wash cloth hanging in the shower. Ew. I'm not the squeamish type, so I tossed it aside and continued on. I later found several hairs in the shower and on one of the beds. Ew - again. I checked out the next morning and continued with my trip. After I arrived back home, I discovered that I had been charged twice. I called the hotel and the agent told me that I was charged as a "no-show" because I never checked in. I explained that I was, in fact, there and gave the room number that I stayed in. The agent explained that I had two reservations, but my last name was spelled wrong on one of them. (I can only assume that this had something to do with me requesting an early check in??) It took a fews days, but they completed the reversal on my card and everything was taken care of. I travel back to La Vista 5-6 times per year and I probably won't stay here again. While the property is beautiful, I've just run into too many small things that no longer make it an appealing place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Ignore all the negative comments! This location is great, was promptly Greeting by Brandon @ the front desk super nice and helpful. The room was cleaned and very nicely decorated. One of the nicest courtyards I've stayed in. I will deff. Stay @ this location again. Couldn't of asked for a better stay!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed September 5, 2012

OK---clean as a whistle, terrific beds and bedding, plentyful and handy parking, location is handy to main highways. These are all things you'd expect from an "upscale" hotel. (Marble floored, 3-story atrium), heavy wood accents...you get the picture. But, it still needs to compete with places offering free (if limited) breakfast fare. A lot of travelers are interested in getting going in the morning, not waiting around for an expensive service breakfast.

The "complimentary coffee" (a nice kiosk behind a traffic and weather wide-screen) was out on two occasions when I wanted a cup of joe.

I have to give them credit for sound-proofing! I went into the pool area to look in on my son and wife, (a half-dozen kids in the pool)...the noise in the space was like a sonic weapon! But...you couldn't hear it until you'd passed through two sets of doors! :)

If you've got no worries and no particular hurries, then this may be the place for you. (Our room did, by the way, have a mini-fridge). It doesn't exceed expectation, but doesn't fall short either.

P.S. If you want someplace close to a Cabella's...this is it! (Just accross the street). :)

Room Tip: If you're fit...go for he top floor, (nobody above to wake you up)...if you have the choice; ste...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Only downside is there is no free breakfast so if your traveling with a group get ready to shell out big dollars for bistro breakfast or drive 5 minutes down the road to Hardees. Hotel is connected to convention center. Pool is warm.

• Stayed June 2012
La Vista, NE
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Nice Courtyard, but my car was stolen from a parking space right in front of the hotel lobby. If you want to ruin a trip, have your personal car stolen. Local police did respond, but I have not heard anything in four days. Local area doesn't look ghetto, but it's now obvious that there are bad guys in Omaha! There are no parking lot surveillance cameras and there's a big sign in the lot that says they are not responsible for any theft losses. Hotel did transport me to get a car.

Also, there's no freebies here other than the morning paper and room coffee. Plan on buying breakfast and everything else.

Room Tip: Northwest side faces the interstate. Other side faces Cabela's.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 31, 2012

A one night treat.
A large spacious room. Very clean. Every thing one would expect from a upscale hotel EXCEPT a fridge and a microwave. I also missed having a free breakfast. But laying those things aside, the hotel is a wonderful treat.

• Stayed July 2012
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista? Share your experiences!