“Needs some work”
Review of Ramada Kearney

Ramada Kearney
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The last time we stayed here it was the Holiday Inn. Holiday Inn seems to let their buildings run down and sell. This place had clean rooms. There were things that needed repairs. The pool was right temp but had some sand in it. The staff were all real helpful. The continental breakfast was great both mornings we were there. If they can get the place back in shape it will be a really nice place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2009

I'm originally from Kearney and now live in the Omaha area. When visiting family in Kearney we liked staying here because of the indoor area and pool but since they remodeled and took most of that area away, it's not the same. Upon arrival, we were charged $100 for a very dated poolside room. We then asked if they had a wheelchair we could borrow to help in getting my elderly Mother to the room and they said they did. We then borrowed it at that time and again the next morning to get her back into the car. They never said anything about a charge but later learned that we were charged $10.00 each time we borriwed the chair. We have stayed there several times in the past but this time was the last.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HDHusker
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for five nights. I booked online and got a suite for the same price as a basic room. It was by far the largest room I had ever stayed in. Although the hotel is dated and did have a musty odor it was not so bad. It was clean and every employee that I encountered was pleasant and went out of their way to accomodate you. The bed was extremely comfortable with lots of pillows. The towels and washcloths were higher end than I ever expect at a hotel. The conference area was large and the staff were really good at keeping up with everything that was going on (and there was alot going on.) The pool area was clean and the kids using it seemed to be having a great time. The AC was on target considering the temperature was over 100 most days. But by far the best kept secret is the Bistro...the dinners were some of the best that I have ever had and the presentation alone of the food was by far the best I have ever seen! This Bistro in itself takes away any negatives that this hotel has...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I checked into this hotel and hurried over to my room. When I entered the room I noticed the "Rate Us" card from three days earlier. Nice touch! Anyway, the fan in the bathroom did not work, the light in the bathroom had issues, and the bath tub ran all night. When I say ran, I do not mean dripped. I mean it actually had a constant stream of water coming out. Nice touch with the "Please help us conserve water by reusing your towels" card net to the tub. My wife followed later that day. When she arrived she asked "Did yo take a bath today". I told her not yet, and she replied with "Guess all those pubes in the tub are not yours then?" Then due to the fact that they put me next to the bar (that by the way is just right out in the open area of the hotel) I was up listening to people scream until about 1 am. So...to sum up...if you wanted to locate hell and stay there for the night. Stay at the Ramada in Kearney!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2009

When we arrived at the Ramada we got terrible service. It was like they didn't want us there. The pool was filthy. Not just filthy but black with clumps of hair sticking to your body. We normally stay at the Holiday Inn in Kearney but the Ramada was cheaper. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The bugs kept you up at night. My advice to you is to stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed January 22, 2009

We stayed at the Ramada Inn with a bunch of family and had three pool side rooms. The front desk service and management was wonderful to work with and got us checked in right away. We were having a Christmas get together with family there so being poolside worked well. We had all ages in our group from 9 months up to 80 years old. we put a few tables by our room and some chairs and were able to all sit, eat, and visit. The rooms do need a little updating but other than that it was a blast. We are talking about meeting there again next Chritmas.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We stayed at the Ramada only because our favorite motel in Kearney did not have available rooms. I will not stay at this motel again. The entire motel has a very musty smell to it. The pool area is right up against a bar which would be fine if they didn't allow smoking in that area. The entire pool had a fog of cigarette smoke above it and there was a table of 8-10 people smoking right by the baby pool!! We had to remove our towels from the room when we got back because they smelled so strongly of smoke. We also noticed people smoking all around the motel.
The breakfast buffet had an ok selection of food, however, there were four adults and four children in our party and by the time we dug through the silverware and found the few clean utensils that didn't have food particles on them, we didn't even have enough spoons for all of the kids to have cereal. They had to share!
The real kicker was that on the way back to our room after going out for dinner, my five year old went running in front of us and got right in to our room...with NO key!! I had my sister check their door as well and it was unlocked. The only way to lock the doors in this motel is from the inside with the deadbolt. So, when you leave your room, your belongings are not safe. We wouldn't have noticed this if my son hadn't gone ahead because out of habit we would just swipe the key card and wait for the green light.
The only good part was the size of the pool. Many pools are so tiny that with only a few people in them they are crowded. This is a great sized pool if you don't mind your kids inhaling second hand smoke while they swim. Disappointing for sure!!

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)