“The room was pretty clean. The towels and the bedding...”
Review of Ramada Kearney

Ramada Kearney
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Kearney

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The room was clean and the hotel is so large that I once got lost trying to get back to my room. The room looked like a recent remodel job. However the building is old, and the (supposedly key card only) door near my room stayed unlocked because it just didn't close properly. I had to keep logging back onto the internet to use it, but otherwise could connect without a problem. The water temperature was lukewarm, like they can't keep up with their number of customers during crane season. Also got sick after eating at in-house restaurant, but can't be sure if it came from there or another restaurant. I can't give them a perfect rating because of these problems, especially at their relatively high price. But I liked it better here than at another hotel down the road.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The staff was friendly, however they messed up the night of my reservation and consequently they called me at 12:30 a.m. to find out if I was still going to be checking in. While we were there the room was very clean. Bathroom was only stocked with 3 towels, so we requested more; they never brought them. The continental breakfast that was included with the room rate was wonderful -cooked to order omlets, along with a variety of warm foods and simple breakfast items.
Overall, I would stay again.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The cleaning people didn't clean my room. There were dirty cups and the ironing board was still left up when I came back to my room. The outlet by the sink didn't work .
For the interned you had to keep logging on. Very annoying

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was attending a conference at this hotel and read so many negative reviews about this place, the we actually brought our own pillows and blankets because of the stuff we read, but we did not need them and our experience was just fine - I have no idea what so many others wrote about because the hotel did not smell of smoke, it was not dirty and the staff was friendly and helpful.

From the front desk to the maids, to the breakfast crew and hospitality folks, everyone was nice and helpful - makes me think that perhaps other folks from other properties in the area wrote false reviews that perhaps trip advisor should check on - I am a seasoned traveler and stay in a lot of hotels each year, and really this hotel was nice -

I rated it average because the décor is older, and the carpets make you feel like it is the 70's or 80's but our room was fresh, towels and linens all clean and fresh, TV worked well - although I was disappointed not to find a clock radio that I saw in other rooms, and when using the phone to call the front desk I always got a busy signal and there was some ice in the drop off area out front under the overhang parking that should have been salted,- but otherwise, so many of the comments by other reviewers such as lingering people, and trash and smoke and debris along with unfriendly staff, just did not pan out to be true at all - There were several conventions going on at the same time, and the hotel would not continue to have that many people if the place was a mess like others stated.

My only other suggestion is that they need automatic doors. There are two sets of doors for entering and exiting and when carrying a lot of stuff for a convention with limited number of carts, having electronic automatic doors would be a huge plus.

The breakfast was also very good and they had several staff on hand to handle the crowds from the various groups staying there. And our catered lunch for our conference was excellent and the service was top notch - no complaints at all - we also ate dinner in their small café the night before and the prices and food were excellent and those that prepared it a-la carte we also very friendly

I did see a variety of folks in the pool and they seemed to be enjoying it although I did hear a comment that the water was pretty cold. The spa was closed for repairs, but the workout center was used by many as was the business center. I would consider staying here again if in the Kearney area and would encourage others reading my review to do the same.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 300 first floor wing are very quiet with great parking options too