“Great Family Hotel right on I-80”

Holiday Inn Kearney
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Northglenn, Colorado
“Great Family Hotel right on I-80”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Hotel was a gem. I was traveling with several small children and we stayed just one night. I called earlier that day to make a last minute reservation. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. On arrival, the room was spotless. Beds have labled pillows, "firm and soft" and are super comfy. Toiletries were very nice and smelled wonderful. The entire staff was fantastic and there is a gorgeous little gift shop right off the lobby.

We spent some time in the pool area. There is a very nice children's pool with a large submarine/octopus play structure. There are two slides suitable for small kids. The kids can also crawl through a spray tunnel and go inside the submarine. My 2 year old son and 5 year old daughter had a great time.

The large pool area has two water slides we nicknamed, "the Fast and the Furious". I normally love water slides but the "slow" slide dished out a good beating, and I was too chicken for the fast slide, after watching a kiddo shoot nearly across the whole pool on exit. So, moms beware, but teens will love them. There is also a hot tub and small fitness room. My only caveat is that the pool area for kids over 48" is small. So if you are traveling with a large group of kids, or on a Fri/Sat night, it could get nuts in there.

We ate at Venue for breakfast. Kids eat free and adult prices are $6.50-$9 for breakfast. Food was pretty decent. There were some interesting items for kids like french toast sticks. Ellie, our waitress was fantastic! Menu looked a little upscale for kids for dinner.

Hotel is right on I-80 and there are tons of food options within a mile or so. Hotel did run in the $120 range without some sort of discounted rate and some other area hotels were around $65 so you will pay extra for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
houston, tx
Reviewed December 27, 2010

My experience at the Holiday Inn Kearney began when I was picked up at the airport by the hotel shuttle. The lobby is beautifully appointed - not the typical Holiday Inn. The rooms have been updated and are comfortable and roomy. The restaurant, Venue, has a varied, sophisticated menu and nice ambiance at any time of the day.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Rooms were fine. Pool area is great for sliding, not so much for swimming. Nice kiddie pool. food service was okay, not the best, but not horrible either. Upon checkin, were given several vouchers for hotel ammenities. We will be back, the children loved it and a quick trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Albuquerque
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I was very plesantly surprised. I had been staying at the Hampton Inn next door, and decided to give this property a try. The Venue restaurant serves a good meal and the local beers are a good pick (though the "free Domestic" coupon doesn't count - apparently beers brewed in Kearney are not Domestic enough).

The building has a good deal of character - but the room was very comfortable.

Wifi in the restaurant performed very well. In the room the coverage was poor.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
kearney ne
Reviewed October 22, 2010

This hotel is a bit on the more expensive side for Kearney, however they have a great area for swimming called the captains lagoon. This is fun for little kids. The restaurant is a bit on the expensive side but there are restaurants within walking distance that are reasonable. The rooms are clean and the hotel was recently remodeled and looks nice. Close to the interstate, only thing is when swimming you only get braclets for the number of people in your room so if you have friends in town they wont be allowed in the swimming area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Oklahoma
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I did not know anything about this hotel before arriving. I was there for a conference and someone else made the arrangements. It was a great stay. The beds were very comfy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a nice hotel. I had no problems. I was even able to check in a little early and they stored my bags until I was ready to leave at 3 when the conference was over. I wish I had brought my trunks so I could have used the pool and slides and hottub. They looked great and if I am ever back in Kearney with my family this is where we will stay. The food at the hotel was very very good. The hotel catered the conference and it was the best conference or hotel catering food I have had in a long long time. I also ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant on site. The pancakes were fine but the service was a little slow. However, I know it's hard to find and keep good help these days so I can't really hold that against them. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
washingtondc
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Thsi was very nice, clean well sppointed hotel with a pool that had tube slides. My 17 yr old sun loved those. I am curious tho as to why the cheaper Holiday Inn Express has the free breakfasts but he more expensive Holiday Inns do not..this one had a overpriced restaurant which we didnot try. Other restaurant choices across the street.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family