“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Iowa
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I am in the middle of a 8 night stay and find this hotel very comfortable. The housekeeping staff is great and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Well appointed with very large flat screen TVs and many channel choices. It offers pretty good value and an incredible restaurant. Very busy convention scene and nice pool area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Heather B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear tpharkman,
Thank you for staying at Kearney's Holiday Inn and for writing a review on TripAdvisor. We enjoy so much hear from our guests and are so pleased to hear you've enjoyed your stay with us. I hope in the future we can accommodate your needs again. If we can be of any assistance please let us know at 308-237-5971.
Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
McCook, Nebraska
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is our third time staying at this hotel. We live a couple of hours away, but we like to go on occasional weekends because of the pool area and local shopping.

I was disappointed this time to see that our room was messy (found a wadded up sheet left over and a fruit snack wrapper on the floor) and I was sad to see there wasn't a breakfast anymore. Yeah kids are free at the restaurant, but adults are $10.00. I thought for sure there used to be a free continental breakfast and we were really looking forward to that.

Our kids love the pool area, but I'm not sure it's worth the average $125 a night just for that. We may be staying at a less expensive hotel in the area next time.

Room Tip: The north wing is near the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank NebraskaChick23
Heather B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear rainjoules,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Kearney's Holiday Inn and for writing a review for our property via TripAdvisor. I'm so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us and appreciate you responding with your concerns.
I will be sure to pass along the information you provided to our owner and general manager, as well as our director of housekeeping to address the issue with your guest room. In response to breakfast, I apologize you were expecting complimentary breakfast and I'm sorry to say that we are a full service hotel which is why their is a restaurant on site and would not offer continental breakfast, nor have we offered that in the past. I'm sorry to hear this was an inconvenience during your time with us and I do hope there were other parts of your stay that you found enjoyable.
In the meantime, if we can be of any other assistance, please let us know. Thank you again for staying at our hotel and for being a loyal guest of ours. I hope we get the chance to take care of your next travel needs.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Kearney Holiday Inn is a bright, clean, friendly facility conveniently located near Interstate 80. It is equipped with a pool/water center, and has banquet and ballroom facilities. We were there for a dinner meeting, where the food was a cut above the usual hotel banquet fare. There is a gourmet coffee stand on the premises, and we had the room-with-breakfast option, which provided a $20 breakfast allowance for two; breakfast (from the menu) in the restaurant was good, and sufficient for the two of us to do it within the $20 budget. We asked for a room in the opposite wing from the interstate, and were cordially accommodated; our room was dark and quiet--more so than most hotels--allowing for a good night's sleep. We had drinks with friends in the bar, and that too was comfortable and friendly, with a reasonable choice of beers, wines, and other drinks. Overall, a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the north wing (farthest from the interstate)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank prairiewolf
Heather B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Prairiewolf,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Kearney's Holiday Inn and for writing a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor. We look forward to hearing from all of our guests and appreciate your wonderful comments. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit to our hotel. We will also pass along your wonderful comments to our restaurant owners so they are aware of your nice feedback.
If we can help with anything until then please call us at 308-237-5971.
NE Nebraska
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stay here a lot for business and always have a great stay. The rooms are larger than the average hotel room, and the beds are very comfortable. The staff is friendly and always attends to any questions immediately. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear HuskerFan1022,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Kearney's Holiday Inn and for writing a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is you, our guest we look forward to hearing from and appreciate your wonderful comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.
If we can help with anything until then please call us at 308-237-5971.
Knoxville, Iowa
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Kearney on our way back from Chadron, Nebraska. We have stayed there at least a dozen or so times in the last several years. It does cost a little more than other motels in the area, but the indoor water slides make it worth the extra money. There is no breakfast included with the room, but there are several restaurants within driving distance that makes this stay well worth it. I have never had anything but a good night here.

Room Tip: If possible, try to get a room close to the pool and spa.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Heather B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Jim M,

Thank you for writing a review of the Holiday Inn Kearney on the TripAdvisor website. It is you, our guest, we look forward to hearing from on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the water park.

We hope to see you soon - please contact us at 308-237-5971 if we can be of any other assistance.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? The strike plate on the door was broken so the door didn't close all the way and couldn't be dead bolted. When I told the front desk he said he'd let maintenance know in the morning. In the mean time I a m a female staying alone. Luckily the inside swing lock worked but I still didn't feel secure. Then I found a pretzel and a hair in the bed. The remote was filthy and had a glob of some substance on it. The room smelled like smoke and there was a half eaten burrito in the microwave. It clearly hadn't been cleaned. I'm not a complainer and I realize that things get over looked but this was just too many things. If the room had been clean and the door would have worked, it would have been a nice place. Maybe I'll give it a second chance but for now, two stars is being generous.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel through TripAdvisor. However, I'm so very sorry to hear of the unhappy stay you had with us. I can assure you we will get that lock taken care of as well as passing along your information to our housekeeping management team along with our owner and general manager. This is not acceptable and I am very sorry of the inconveniences it caused you during your time here.

I do hope we get a chance to change your opinion of our hotel in the future as this is not how we run our business. If we can help with anything else or if you have any additional feedback, please call us at 308-237-5971.

Saint Paul, Nebraska
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Do not, do not, do not pay extra for the "breakfast". You will be much better off taking your extra 20 dollars and eating a real breakfast somewhere else. You get a coupon for two adults and than kids under 12. Than they say.....oh.... its a buffet today.... which is everyday. Its not a "buffet" its the worst continental breakfast I have ever seen. 1mm thick sausage, awful eggs and a couple boxes of cereal await you. If you are blessed you can have some less than fresh fruit and a container of Dannon yogurt. Its not that I won't pay the amount for a room that they charge its the trying to buffalo you into thinking you are getting a value paying for this horrible breakfast that irritates me. They have a beautiful restaurant area, definitely not utilized for breakfast. Pool is cool. Room was clean. Kids had fun.

• Stayed March 2014
Heather B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Steph,

First of all, thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay with us; however, I'm sorry to hear you did no receive the service you expect and deserve. I will be sure to pass along this information to our owner and to the owner of the restaurant so they are aware of your concerns. I am happy to hear you did enjoy other parts of our hotel and I hope that in an effort to gain your loyalty again at our hotel we can offer an invitation to come back for a stay that you deserve. If we can be of any assistance, please let us know at 308-237-5971.