“great for kids - waterslide pool” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Kearney

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Kearney
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“great for kids - waterslide pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

They have two waterslides in the pool, but the pool is not very big. Basically they have waterslides on for 40 minutes, then off 20 minutes. During that 20 is the only time to actually swim because it's a small pool. They have a separate area with tables that looks like you could have food there, but it's not allowed, much to our disappointment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Gohdes,
I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Kearney's Holiday Inn and for the comments regarding the positive and negative areas of your stay with us since we regard each and every guest comment as a way to maintain, and strive for, even higher excellence that our past/current/future guests already hold us to....we really take your comments seriously and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here! As far as the pool area and food/drink are concerned, we really found that these items and an indoor water center simply do not mix well together. Having to drain the pool because a something was accidently spilled, etc. is disheartening to a guest when we are forced to close the pool for that amount of time, so we decided shortly after it's initial opening that it was only fair to all of our valued guests to not allow any food or drink.....and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. For any future stays please keep in mind that for ANY size gathering we have several thousand square feet of convention space that may suit your needs better, and our Convention Services staff would be more than happy to explore these options with you at any time....again, thank you very much for your comments.
Tye E
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Glendale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Understand that I usually stay at a lower tier class of hotels, but a conference I went to was at this Holiday Inn, so there I was. I can't compare it with other Holiday Inns, but this one is very good. The bed was perfectly comfortable (and I am fussy about worn out or too soft mattresses). LInen was fresh and seemed new (except for the towels, which had some wear). The room had a 50" flat screen with a healthy menu of channels. Unlike some cheaper hotels they included a readable channel guide. The free WiFi was reasonable fast. The room itself was large, quiet (never heard people on either side or above) and very clean. Front desk people were efficient, friendly and available for tips on local stores, restaurants, attractions. Finally, the location is very convenient--right off the Interstate. My only quibble would be with the exercise room--tiny and poorly equipped. The pool area is great for kids (two big slides and a turbulence machine) but not for swimming.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a window. Some of the inner corridor rooms have no windows and feel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and wide range of amenities that we offer for each and every guest....I hope that your conference went just as well as your stay did! Even though we are well aware you have other options in the Kearney area for lodging, I do hope that you will visit us again very soon, and if you do not happen to be with a conference for this stay, I strongly encourage you to call the hotel directly or visit holidayinn.com to see our various pricing options and to compare with other hotels in the area that "claim" to have similar guest amenities and standards. I think you will find that we strive to be very competitive in pricing, and now that you are aware of the high standards we hold ourselves to, we cannot wait to impress you once again! Please feel free to call the hotel directly with any questions you may have about a future booking and our Front Desk staff would be happy to answer them! The telephone number to reach the hotel directly is 308.237.5971. Again, I encourage you to call with any questions or concerns regarding the hotel and pricing at any time!
Tye M.
Troy, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is an older property that has seen some facelifts over the years. The place is clean and the service was great. The 2-queen room was small by todays standards but I feel the older construction helps keeps the noise from adjoining rooms down to a minimum. The beds, linens, pillows and towels were all new. The bath fixtures are, for the most part old, but again everything worked fine. The AC unit was a little noisy but I like that as it provides "white noise" to further block other noises. Access to the historic town of Kearney, including the Great Platte River Road Archway is great.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room, which I normally try to avoid but due to the old time construction, we co...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review you gave us of Kearney's Holiday Inn....it is very much appreciated. You are correct in that our structure has been around for awhile, but we know that in order to maintain our status as Kearney's best hotel, constant updates are imperative to our success and in keeping our valued guests, such as yourself, coming back over and over! Again, we really want to thank you for your positive comments about the hotel, and please let us know if there is anything we can improve on during your next stay with us. We look forward to your next trip to Kearney's Holiday Inn!
Tye E
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of four one of which is an 8 month old. We were provided a crib and it was nice and clean. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Everything appeared clean. The only issue I had was that my baby was put down on the carpet while we all changed into our swimsuits and within five minutes he had black on his knees from the carpet. When I questioned the staff about the cleanliness of the floor in our room
I was just kind of brushed off and was told they just didn't know what to tell me. One staff member did tell me it was new carpet in our room and it could be dye. The carpet did look clean but I never let my baby down on the floor again. I just didn't appreciate the lack of interest shown by the staff.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, and I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed our indoor water center! I do want to give you a heartfelt "I'm sorry" for feeling like anyone on our staff was not responsive to any concern that you had during the stay. I have passed your review on to the Front Desk Manager to make sure that we cover this type of issue in our training, because if they did have an answer for you when you asked, then we should have done whatever it may take to find the answer. We have recently re-carpeted and updated the majority of our rooms this summer, so I feel confident in saying that it probably was the new carpet coloring that "rubbed off" on bare feet. To be sure, our maintenance staff has also been made aware of your concern, and they will be checking all rooms for any that may have carpet that needs deep cleaned immediately. I really appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Tye E.
Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

The location of the hotel couldn't be a better location. They are literally right off I-80. Upon entering we were greeted with cookies and a friendly smile at the front desk. Check-in was very fast, but could have been a bit more efficient by giving us up a map of the hotel. The hotel was a bit confusing to get around in initially. We didn't let the kids wonder off by themselves to the pool because of the distance from our room to the pool. We didn't want them to get lost.

Our room was located in a hallway that had a banquet room on the other side of the wall. We asked to see if a wedding reception was happening that evening, but they said no it was for the following evening. We were very happy about that because the big window in our room shared the hallway with the banquet room. It would have been quiet loud if there was a wedding reception going on. The big window was on the inside of the building while their was a tiny window to the outside. View was not pretty just parking lot and mechanical equipment.

The interior of the room was so-so. You could tell they did upgrades---bedding, big screen tv, counter top in bathroom, but that was about it. The ceilings were extremely low in the bedroom and shower. The worst part about the stay was that it must have been the original air condition unit cooling the room. We turned the room down to 67 and it never got below 78. No one got a good night sleep because of it. Then when showers started in the a.m. the room got hot and humid. The beds were comfortable though, but the temperature did us all in. Overall, the room was very clean.

The pool, on the other hand, definitely helped to change our attitudes about the room. They have two huge waterslides for the older kids and water slides for under 48". There is a great huge hot tub, too. Each person needs a wrist band to enter. We only needed 4, but they offered us a 5th one if we needed it.

No breakfast or coffee were included in the price. There is a connecting restaurant, which looked to be more for the business person than family. We chose to eat a block or so away at Perkins.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an "inside window", which faces the banquet hallways. Could get re...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear soccermomof4,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were upgraded to a suite. The room was spacious and having a door between the kids and adults was nice. The kids LOVED the swimming pool and slides! The room was clean and we had plenty of amenities for everyone and then some. Even with a room close to the highway and pool, it was quiet and comfortable.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you Kelly W,!!!
We know that you and your family have many lodging options in the Kearney area so we are thrilled that you chose us! We look forward to seeing you again!
regards,
Tye
Plattsmouth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I haven't stayed here for a number of years and I found some awesome updates and remodeling since my last stay but.......there were a few issues. On the up side: room was very clean, front desk, housekeeping and maintenance staff were outstanding. I recommend the "SoZo" restaurant, which compliments the motel. On the down side: raw sewage backed up into the bathtub both days (maintenance staff was awesome). Ordered pizza and gave them the room number that was printed on the phone....guess what? The pizza was delivered across the hall. (wrong room number on the phone). I know that things just happen, and this was just one of those trips. Would I stay here again? Yeah, I will....of course I'll probably ask for a different room. A number of motels in this immediate area are all owned by the same person, and he is very professional, very particular and very humble. There is no doubt in my mind that his staff will have these things taken care of before your next stay here.

Room Tip: HAHA, room 161 in on the far back side. It's on the ground floor and it might be jinxed
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Bill B,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced

I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience with the room conditions. I am pleased that our staff was able to off set this displeasure with great service in a timely manner. I was glad to hear you were able to enjoy our SoZo restaurant.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Brenda J.