“Friendly, Quiet”

Holiday Inn Kearney
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Reviewed April 12, 2013

These guys were good, friendly helpful staff, nice room, large tv, shower had an extension to get the water up high, comfortable beds, with your choice of pillows. The restaurant there is fantastic, be sure and eat there.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clayton Lorna C
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We really appreciate your great feedback! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our fantastic restaurantt, Sozo, and I will definitely pass along your comments. We hope to see you again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Kearney

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have frequented this hotel for a number of years now and continue to choose it over the neighboring hotels because of the excellent staff! This facility constantly provides friendly, knowledgable, and caring staff (some have even come to know me by name and call me by name even when I show up without a reservation). I regularly stay on business and also use this facility for a family getaway a few times a year. Although all of the staff that I have had interaction with are excellent, Tye and Megan set the standard for excellence in attitude and service!!! Keep up the great work and continue to help new employees learn from the perfect example of great service from people like Tye! Thank You! R. Bogan

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was just there attending a conference. Rooms are nice and quite. Just be careful if you prefer outside windows. They do have rooms with no outside light. Fast WiFi connections. Staff is very good if not some of the better that I have seen. Every time they see you they say hello. Conference facilities are nice as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joel S
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

We really appreciate your kind words about the hotel......in the future, when making a reservation, feel free to include any requests that you may have at that time (such as a room with an outward facing window) and we will do everything possible to fulfill such requests. Again, thanks so much for the positive feedback, and we can't wait to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a business conference. It is very close to the 80 highway with easy on and off. Not much to look at from the outside, but the inside is very nice and maintained well considering it is not a new property. The service was outstanding, and the conference facilities were well managed and no one complained. Rooms are quite large, but be careful about noise, especially slamming doors and such. Restaurant was good quality, with, again, great service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AWalding

Thank you very much for the positive feedback on your review! I will definitely pass along the great comments you had about our staff to each department manager, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I stays there for work for a few nights last week and found it to be a great place to stay. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The room I was in appeared to be a remodeled room and I have to say they did a great job. Everything from furniture to fixtures was updated. Clean, comfortable and close to many restaurants. A very good choice next time you are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank PBOKC
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Very nice comments from such a "veteran" traveler! I hope that you will return to Kearney soon and stay with us again....please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future!
Thanks again for the fantastic review!
Tye E.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in town for a conference and really appreciated being close (within walking distance) of the Younes Center where the conference was being held. The room was clean, quiet with plenty of room for 2 people. The only improvement I would like to see would be a compliementary breakfast like other hotels have. I almost stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for this reason. I did eat breakfast at the restaurant. Food was good but a little pricey, which is expected when they are located within the facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor, away from the water park/pool area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! I'm sorry that the breakfast wasn't exactly what you were looking for...as we are a full-service Holiday Inn, a free continental breakfast is not an option because of the restaurant being attached. I really hope that you will come back soon and try our new dining experience which is set to open February 5th, 2013. Again, your review is very much appreciated by the hotel and we look forward to having you as our guest in the very near future!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Kearney this past weekend driving across the state. Most aspects of the Holiday Inn are very similar to most Holiday Inns. The one thing that makes a difference is the indoor water slides. These two large slides were great for my five year old daughter who was just tall enough to go. There is also a smaller pool and it was fun for my daughter and my 1 year old son. The staff was very accomodating and the pool attendant really made us feel welcome. If you are looking for a clean hotel room at the best price you do have better options right by the interstate exit in Kearney, but if you have a young family and want to get them worn out so they travel better, this is a great choice.

Room Tip: If you want to take advantage of the pool ask for a room on the North wing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank andylong76
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

I'm happy that your family really enjoyed our Water Center....thanks a lot for the nice review! I hope that you will choose us again on your next trip through Kearney!