“Look out for rate change without notice”

Holiday Inn Kearney
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We visited Kearney for Baseball tourney in June. Had made reservations in April at group rate. Then upon checkout that charge a substantially hight rate, upon requested our group rate they said it was cancelled and that we have to pay the new rate. Never mentioned this at check in. Terrible way to run a business, would expect this a hearland community. Sad.

Room Tip: Beds are soft, not much for support
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Craig,
I'm so glad you brought this issue to our attention. After reviewing your last stay with us, I did see that you were not charged the appropriate rate for your baseball group, and I sincerely apologize for this oversight on our end. I am more than happy to credit you back the difference between the group rate and what you actually paid, so please let me know if you do not see this on your statement in the next few days. Again, I am very sorry for this mistake on our part and hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future. I would also encourage you to always book your reservations, with a group or just individual, directly at the hotel where you are always guaranteed the lowest available rate. You can reach our reservations line at 308-237-5971 at any time. If you should have any questions, please feel free to email me at tyeeatherton@younes.com. Thanks again for allowing us to remedy this error.
Tye

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Expectations weren't too high for a chain in a fairly small town in the middle of Nebraska, but three problems arose. First, the front-desk staff told my staff there was no airport shuttle, and it turned out (after I paid for a taxi) there was. The good thing is that there is a shuttle! Second, the eggs Benedict, correctly advertised as having Canadian bacon, was actually made with slices of deli ham. They tried to hide this under gobs of "Hollandaise sauce." The good thing was they comped the meal, when I complained. But they should have come back to me, after I ordered it, saying they had no Canadian bacon and would ham be OK. Or they should have simply said eggs Benedict was off the menu. Third, I signed another breakfast to be charged to my room, then received a call saying there was no card on file (my room was on a conference master bill), so I'd have to either put one on file or go back to the restaurant to pay for the meal. When I asked the front-desk people why they hadn't asked me for a card for incidentals, they said it was up to me to offer one. Come on! The good thing was they were actually quite pleasant about it. Still....

I've stayed at this place before, and it's mostly adequate--rooms, beds, restaurant, conference rooms usually just fine. They appear to need to manage the front-desk staff and the kitchen staff a little better.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Robin M.,
I really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at Kearney's Holiday Inn. I am so sorry that there was a miscommunication involving the hotel shuttle, as I know that busy travelers such as yourself appreciate this amenity, and we are always happy to provide transportation service during the hours that the shuttle operates. I also am sorry for the issues that you encountered in the hotel restaraunt, and please be assured that I have definitely forwarded your comments on to their management team, as well as the front desk manager. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (308)237-5971, or you can reach me by email at tyeeatherton@younes.com. Again, thank you so much for the feedback, and we hope that you will allow us to be your choice of lodging in the Kearney area again soon!
Tye Eatherton

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We attended a convention in Kearney that was being held at the Holiday Inn. Normally, we stay at another chain, but since the convention was at the Holiday Inn, we decided to give it a try. We could not have been more pleased. From the time we walked in and were greated by the friendly front desk staff, to the quick and easy check out on the final day of the conference, our experiences with this hotel were all positive. The onsite restaurant and lounge are very convenient, and the rooms quiet, comfortable, and well appointed. We are already planning to return for next years conference and will stay at the Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were placed on the inside courtyard. There was absolutely no traffic...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HIKRNY, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thanks so much for the compliments, Jon N! So glad you decided to try us out, and we can't wait to see you again soon! As a tip for future stays, when making a reservation you can always request a particular room that you fell in love with, and although we can't guarantee that it will be available at the time if your stay, we will do everything we can to accommodate your request. And if it doesn't happen to be available, many guests find that the next room they stay in is their new favorite! Again, thank you for the positive comments!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Overall a nice place to stay if you have a reason to be in Kearney. Front Desk was attentive, on-site restaurant has an awesome Prime Rib. Bed was comfy and the room was quite large.

I didn't feel using the hot tub as they have a problem with locals using their slides and they make you wear a wristband and a person is on staff all day to make sure you are wearing your band. I would have been the only person in the swimming complex and didn't feel like I could relax while someone is staring at me.

If I go back next year for the same conference I will probably stay here again, close to covention center and easily accessible to the rest of the city.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

First the good: the front desk, restaurant, and convention staff are fabulous, friendly, and very professional. The rooms are good-sized, and well-appointed (pillow selection, micro/fridges, nice toiletries). The common areas are clean, well-lit, and pleasantly decorated -- especially the lobby with ample sitting areas. The building is older, but has been refurbished and kept modern. The free wi-fi service is excellent.

The bad: housekeeping needs to be provided vacuums with corner cleaning tools, and/or trained how to use them. I have never seen such dusty, filthy edges/corners. It's clear that if housekeeping vacuums at all, they are only using uprights which leave an inch or more untouched around all the wall edges ... for years, from the looks of it. The rest of the room seemed adequately cleaned. I just cannot get over housekeeping and management NOT noticing the caked layer of dirt around the perimeters of the rooms. And that is sad, because such obvious dirt spoiled what would have otherwise been a really good stay (and really good review).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Christi B
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear HappyFamily005,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is a place that I will always tell people about and the great experience one has staying here. The service is impeccable and the rooms are clean and comfortable. This is a top notch hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

stayed a night to let grandson swim. really nice place. price a little steep but not bad. clean rooms, good beds, nice flat screen tv's.

Room Tip: close to the bar
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family