“Authentic and tasty”

San Pedro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 113 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The jalisco is excellent and not something you can get in most Mexican restaurants. My wife also enjoyed the chile rellenos. The service was also quite good.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went with friends to San Pedro on a Saturday during the lunch hour. The place was busy and the staff were a little unorganized. The chips/salsa were good and fresh. The food itself was pretty average Mexican fare. I do think that it's way too overpriced, especially for the lunch hour.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is my "go to" Mexican restaurant when I travel to Kearney. Over the last 5 years, visiting twice a year, I have consistently experienced great food, reasonable prices & friendly, good service. I will continue to recommend this place to family & friends. I think you will enjoy it as well.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Good-'NO' Horrible - 'YES' I'd rather have frozen mexican dinners from walmart. The only resemblance to Mexican is the name of the establishment and the beans and rice (both excellent BTW) which accompany anything else they attempt. Have you ever had a chimichanga look like a deflated softshell taco for 9.95. I hadn't until I came here. The enchilada looked a nightmare and in a sauce we swear was ketchup. The prices are good on some items until you find it's enough to only feed a child. Unfortunately, we will remember this place for a long time as it's one of the worse we have been too. The nub on my shoulder and sinister laughter is all I needed to prompt me to leave. It was all i could do to hold my composure (again waiters). Having had enough we simply placed what we owed (minus tip - see below) and proceeded to a real Mexican joint. The service was insulting, the waiter actually said a comment under his breath when asking for a refill. A request for a straw or a chip or salsa refill were held in the same regard. The service could have been worse and been at the level of their food, unless, you happen to stumble on two of their waiters which are the snottiest in town and can make a meal a nightmare. BELIEVE ME - THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST RESTAURANTS (ESP MEXICAN as there are many good ones) IN KEARNEY. AVOID MISERY DINE ELSEWHERE. BTW - A comment to management only get's you walked out the door. Apparently they feel they offered you a privilege to be here. Also, I work with 15 people in my department and 10 have had similar stories to report. Simply stay away.

1  Thank jojokay49
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is awesome. I drive 60 miles to eat here.it is always packed! They seen tho take great pride in their restraunt. Never had a bad meal or service. I highly recommend.