“Awesome !!”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome !!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have been staying at the Rodeway Inn @ Kearney for the past several months during a possible relocation to Kearney, Nebraska.

I have been extremely pleased with everything - great rooms, great service & great staff.

The Rodeway Inn @ Kearney is consistently spotless - the rooms are always spotless.

The Rodeway Inn @ Kearney has oversized rooms - huge. The room that I have has a king sized bed. The room has an unusual amount of open space. The king sized bed is extremely comfortable. The bathroom area is immaculate.

The Wi-Fi internet access is consistently fast & without issues.

The free continental breakfast is excellent - for an economy plus level motor inn, the breakfast offerings are great.

Overall: The value is exceptional. The Rodeway Inn @ Kearney is one of the cleanest & nicest motels that I have ever stayed in - anywhere.

The restaurant right next door " Whiskey Creek " is great - great food at reasonable prices. The Rodeway Inn offers a 10 % discount coupon for guests to " Whiskey Creek " ( Meal entree only ).

Keep up the great work !!

Room Tip: " Whiskey Creek " restaurant - ( not part of the motel ) - is right next door - highly re...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
It has been a pleasure having you here. Our staff has really appreciated serving you. Maybe it is that our rooms do reflect the wide open spaces of Nebraska. I'm sure some would have made the rooms smaller, but it is great to be able to offer "oversized rooms". It is our goal to offer the best value to visitors coming to Kearney and it is great that you have both recognized that and taken the time to share your experience. You have been a great guest and I hope that you will find Kearney a great place to call home. Thanks, - David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
michigan
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were in Kearney for a dog sporting event. This hotel is very pet friendly. The staff is warm, welcoming and helpful. Our rooms were spotless. There is a great restaurant right next door. The breakfast was the typical hotel breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank wizardnolo
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
It is so encouraging for myself and my staff to hear from our guests how they appreciated the service that many have come to expect at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to reinforce what other travelers have also found, "Spacious and Exceptionally Clean Rooms" And yes, pets are always welcome. - David
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Fairly standard for a chain, comfortable. Two plusses: very good service from the front desk when we were booking from on the road and an exercise room. One minus: breakfast was predictable, boring, and lacked fresh fruit. Sorry, o.j. does not an orange make.

Room Tip: The 16s (116 and 216) are right by the mid-door, easy for move in and out.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Feenixwest
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I'm glad that we were able to meet your expectations with a clean, comfortable room and that you found our staff helpful. We are continually evaluating our economy hotels continental breakfast which includes: Fresh Waffles; Chocolate, Banana Nut, Blueberry Muffins; Bagels; Toast; Variety of Cereal; Variety of Oatmeal; Variety of Yogurt with Fruit; Hard Boiled Eggs; Coffee; 8 kinds of Tea; Hot Chocolate; Orange Juice; Apple Juice; Milk; and a wide variety of Condiments to go with them. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with us and other fellow travelers. - David
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stay at this Rodeway Inn everytime I do business in Kearney. It is incredibly clean and has all the amenities that I need. The staff is pleasant, the rooms are spotless, and the breakfast is good. The price is extremely reasonable. It is located on the main highway into Kearney, so everything is easily accessible. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator. Ask for a first floor room if you can't handle steps.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
I appreciate you sharing your experience as someone who frequents Kearney for business. Thank you for sharing this great tip for price conscious business travelers. We really appreciate your business. Thank you. - David
Newport
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here Sept 2012. We were referred from another hotel that did not have an adequately wheelchair accessible room. So glad we stayed here, probably one of the best rooms we had in our 20 days of travel. The manager went out of his way to show the room and settle us in.

The handicapped rooms were in a separate building but had been remodeled and were really huge! I had no problems with mobility, and the bathroom was more then adequate for showering and using the toilet.

It was great to have a restaurant right next door so I didn't have to deal with getting in and out of the car again.

Only downside is we had to go outside to reach the lobby and breakfast. Breakfast area was a little crowded for wheelchair user but someone was there offering assistance and directed us to another room with extra seating. Check out staff was friendly and very efficient.
Would definitely stay here again. Too bad we can't count on all Rodeways always being this good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I remember you, and thank you for sharing your experience as traveling with a wheelchair. It was a pleasure having the opportunity to serve you. Yes, I wish our breakfast area was closer, but I don't know as we will be able to change anything there. I know we have had several mention that they appreciate these large accessible rooms, but I don't think any of them have shared on Tripadvisor. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with other similar travelers. - David
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were passing through NE on our way out west from MI and we knew we needed to stop somewhere quick and easy- right off the highway. We found this place on TripAdvisor and decided it looked decent, we didn't want to spend a ton of money anyways. We were pleased with how clean our room was and the staff was quite friendly at the front desk. Our room was on the end of the hall and it was nice and quite- perfect after a long day! The continental breakfast was very typical- but there was no where to sit! There were three tables in the lobby that were already being used, luckily by the time our waffles were done one opened up. The juice and coffee were not good at breakfast, but it was near enough other restaurants that it didn't ruin a perfectly fine morning!

1 Thank kmleunk
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for checking TripAdvisor and choosing to stay with us while passing through Nebraska. I appreciate hearing about your experience with your clean, quiet room. I also, appreciate your comments regarding your breakfast experience. We will definitively look at adding more seating area and I would like to know what your thoughts were regarding our juice & coffee. Again, thanks for taking time to share with other fellow travelers, we really do appreciate it. - David
Le Claire, Iowa
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Good price, good room. Location not so much. On a row of strip properties sandwiched between a car dealer and steak house. Prefer a property on its own grounds. No toiletries provided, a pet peeve of mine. Small bathroom, sink is outside in hallway. Big room, could use a bigger desk and extra chair. While all seemed OK, I would not return based on location and better choices.

Room Tip: No elevator. One flight of stairs up or down.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for giving us a try and I'm glad that you found our prices and big rooms good. Even though I can't do much about location, I do apologize for the lack of toiletries. I'm not sure if you are referring to no toiletries, or a lack of variety. I will sure follow up with housekeeping regarding this. Also, some guests prefer having the sink outside of the bathroom, especially when there are several in the room. Many of our guests have enjoyed our close proximity to the steak house next door, but I'm sure that isn't for everyone. Again, thank you for taking the time to share and if ever you are by this way again and if any of the other choices don't work out, we'd love to have you back. - David